Bots/EA?

Papaschtroumpf

I haven't made a MM since Live. Well, I lie, I have a Zombie/Dark villain I'm having a hard time getting off the ground, but that's due to  being red side and refusing to become a goodie-two-shoes hero

Having played neither set I don;t quite know what to expect. I wan an MM that is "OP" with proper slotting (can solo at +4x8 in the 40s and later) but I also don;t want to get bored watching my pets do all the work.

Even though I mention soloing, I do team a lot. Robots/EA seems thematically sound, so would Demons/Thermal, Zombie/Dark above. I know Bots/FF was hugely popular on Live. animals/Nature sounds like a good fit but doesn;t seem so great, or I have teamed with the wrong ones. 

If not Robots/EA, what good?

OK, so starting to play with some build ideas, as always, building a build "on paper" when you haven't even used all the powers yet is dangerous, but I wanted a place to start and I like using attuned IUOs as a I level, since I take my time to level. (well, in this case I'm already lvl20 without even trying)

So I'm trying to get close to softtcap Ranged and AoE defense since I mostly play this character at range. Not too many ways to keep the baddies at range though, knocking them back with the pulse rifle is not really practical, so I want to keep an eye on melee, I just suspect I can;t softcap all 3 positional. 

As annoying as respawning Faraday cage is, it's a great protect bubble, so you can get some decent resits layered behind that defense.

Someone suggested in another post that I look into Experimentation. to get -Defense and AoE toxic damage, it also helps with the lack of travel power.

So here is a first pass with Experimentation. I had to use the experimental version of Mid's since I'm using two new power sets and new IOs. I'm not sure if it's 100% correct and I'm missing some info like how much damage corrosive vial really does. 

Ignore when the powers are taken and the order of the slots, this is all about playing with the numbers for now

image.png.fb95cff032684610b82071f8e668d818.pngimage.thumb.png.47df4c615f3f59f2cf86adf22108d23e.png

I'm working on a version without Experimentation but using ht tried-and-true Fighting pool to get addiotonal defense and S/L resistance

Edited by Papaschtroumpf

At lvl20, this is one of the easiest toons on Endurance I've had in a long time. Will it get bad? I recently saw a bots/FF build that had Stamina 4 slotted and Health 6 slotted or something like that 

depending on need I could change hte 2nd slot in Stamina wihn another Performance Shitfer Endmod instead of the heal proc, but I figured the heal proc would someone mitigate the lack of a proper heal (you'r "gambling about the heal jumping back to you, although I think if you hit a bot next to you, you are very likely to get healed too)

It doesn't look like any of the EA End Drain powers feed it back to you. too bad.

How about Haste? I have so many builds with perma-Hasten or close to it, but maybe it's less needed on an MM? Some of those bots have a long recharge time! I do get some recharge from the sets and when Energizing Circuit jumps back to me

Second version of the build, added the Fighting pool but hung on to Experimentation. Again ignore power/slot placement level, I haven't worked though it yet

Ranged and AoE are softcapped, Melee def is getting good. S/L resist much improved

I'm not sure the Kismet in combat jump is worth it, it only affects me and not the bots right? Still the -dmg/enddrain powers need to hit. Vial now also has def debuff and rez debuf. Maybe move it to Vial for extra recharge otherwise.

This build has Discharge well slotted too compared to the previous one.  too bad it doesn't do damage.

this also has a nice mobility boost, too bad it's going to leave my bots in the dust behind me again. (by the way Swift and Hurdle get their respective IOs of course, just forgot in Mid's)

At least I feel like I'm making good use of the new power sets and enhancements 🙂

image.png.0917975f3f7c8e8316e60dfa44bd3d61.png       image.png.9dd12f1a82720413930516f34f033d97.png

image.thumb.png.662c21096a04a9fc77bf62a300b5cf83.png

Edited by Papaschtroumpf

I wonder if I need the KB protection? Faraday Cage provides Mag 10, but of course if it's not up...

By the way, as annoying as it is to respawn Faraday cage, it's like getting clarion at low level, instant mez protection for the team! Well worth the hassle

What do people take for incarnates on MMs? I haven't looked at my options yet.

I assume the alpha or Interface choice applies to me, not the minions? Spiritual looks attractive with rchg and heal

Barrier seems good to protect the bots, and Clarion whcih I take on most of my squishies is not needed here.

Do the indestructible buffer lore pets buf my bots? Sounds like I should go with Lore that debuf enemies instead?

I just realized that Diamagnetic applies to damaging attacks, so not to shock and Discharge. too bad that would have been additional AV killing potential. Maybe Preemeptive to add to my sapper abilities?

1 hour ago, Dixa said:

faraday only has a 10s recharge right?

and do the ea powers really cap out at 5 targets? that seems stupid as all hell given we have SIX pets. 

Right.

And it's 5 BASE, but each time you fire a chaining power, you get 1 static... and you get 1 static when you start FCage and 1/10 seconds in it. Each level of static that you've built up is either +3 or +5 additional targets, I forget what the number they finally ran with is, and the static cap is in the teens...12 or 14 or something like that.

So the max cap is quite large, actually, and it's easy to go from 0 static to 1 and get everyone if you're soloing, and I think you may only need 2-3 static to get a full team plus your henchmen. Maybe a bit more if other MMs are on the team.

That s is correct. Since I drop Faraday Cage at the start of every fight I always have a bunch of stacks of static and I end up hitting most of the team and my robots. Static stacks fade over time, not when you use a specific power, so it' pretty easy to keep them up. FC has a pretty good recharge rate so it is available every spawn or so.

I am not in love with Experimentation yet, but I have been holding off purchasing temporary IOs until I hit 27 where most of my IOs will slot (hit 26 lat night), we'll see how it goes. The run power doesn't seem faster than Ninja Run and doesn't have good of a jumping capability. the TP has no hover after TP so you can't chain it like you do with he regular TP. Still a quick way to get away in case of emergency, if you have line of sight

This being my first mastermind I have a hard time thinking ion terms of the AT. For examples the defense numbers I posted apply to me, but not to the minions right? IO bonuses apply to me, not the minions? It's good for me to have a bunch of defense, if I'm dead, then so are the bots, but I think I need to worry more about the bots themselves. For example taking Maneuvers early, probably Tactics too, and worrying less about powers that benefit  just me?

OK, here is a variation without Experimentation (too much effort to get to Vial which is the only power I care about) and without Fighting, but taking Leardership so it benefits minions.

Personal suitability is lessened (a lot less S/L resistance) whcih I would mitigate with another patron pool, but I read a guide saying the immob is great with robots, and I think Power Boost should benefit my EA powers, although I heard some things are being changed for PB?

The stealth is pool is a way to slot LoTGs, I haven;t used it forever, I think you can;t use it with a stealth IO in sprint right? so if I want to be truly invisible I could take SS and let it stack, at the expense of the final LoTG. I'm open to idea for what to grab in those lasts power slots, I just don't have enhancement slots left for them

image.png.8911749ccac92b7dbfa37d2e2f51ffaa.png

image.thumb.png.ef2cb935b0598cb627f2795d52087225.png

Here is what I got for a Bots/EA build,
I know you don't really like the Vial and the Dart but I really do XD Personally I really dislike the Robot attack powers ( I actually dislike the attack powers in every MM set) so I went with Dart at the primary attack, since let's face it you will be busy using your EA powers anyways and the smidgen of damage you would be doing isn't going to make a difference (Could also sub in Nemesis Staff and Blackwand here. I'm aware they are not great but Tactics helps them hit a bit more but if it's only to pad out an attack chain every once in a while I find they they do the trick and usually hit harder than any MM attack. I've gotten a Demons/Dark MM to 50 with only the 3 P2W attacks as my attack chain and it went surprisingly well since I was mostly busy controlling my dudes and using my support abilities).

I slotted some -res and some knockdown to Corrosive Vial to give it some extra utility on top of what it does already and added some KB protection to Speed of Sound for an extra layer protection when you are out of the Cage. I'm not 100% sure how the -res stacks with Annihilation and Achilles' Heel, I think they just refresh each other so that could be changed, possibly to add another dmg proc or something, maybe somebody can clarify.

I fit in the 5 LotG things without using stealth pool. The Defences to S/L are now at softcap and the resistances shown are with Faraday Cage OFF meaning that you will cap S/L resistances when you are in your cage (which you should always be when in combat since the CD on it is so low it can be easily moved around a battlefield).
Feel free to change Hover for CJ if that is your cup of tea, it will take the same enhancements

I sacrificed Defibrilate and Discharge to get here though, but honestly I find Discharge to be marginal at best, it's only real use is when fighting AV/EB and you can buy some poisoned daggers when you get there to do the same job. Some people like to use Defibrilate to sleep and sap enemies but I get by just fine not sleeping mobs and sapping is basically useless anyways.

I also got rid of Power Boost since I am not a fan of it at all in a set that already has 2 heals on a very short cooldown, Rejuv Circuit is at 3 seconds and Insulating is at 8 secs, you should be good to just spam those no problem. The thing with power boost is that you would need to use it in a pinch, but if you have to activate a borderline useless power BEFORE setting off your heal, you might just slip on the heal and loose your bot, much better IMO to just throw out the slightly weaker heal. Ya I know it stacks with Empowering Circuit too but I really don't think it's worth it, especially on a 2 min CD

Lastly since S/L res is capped in the Cage, it might be a good idea to drop a Sovereign Rights IO from Battle Drones to give them an Explosives Strikes damage proc to give them a bit more oomph. Or possibly drop the 2pcs Celerity set from Sprint to add an extra slot to Vial for some better recharge bonus. Possibly a second piece from Ragnarok, Acc/Rech, to get the end rec set bonus if it is needed to pad out end problems if they are present

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Robotics
Secondary Power Set: zn_Electrical Affinity
Power Pool: zc_Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: zn_Experimentation
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Battle Drones -- SvrRgh-PetResDam(A), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(5), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(3), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(5), EdcoftheM-PetDef(7)
Level 1: Shock -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Rejuvenating Circuit -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(7), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(9), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(9), Pnc-Heal/+End(11), Pnc-Heal(11)
Level 4: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), LucoftheG-Def(27), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(42)
Level 6: Equip Robot -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(40), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(40), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 10: Energizing Circuit -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 12: Protector Bots -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(17)
Level 14: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Faraday Cage -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(17), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(19), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Ags-Psi/Status(21)
Level 18: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(27), UnbGrd-ResDam(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), ImpArm-ResPsi(39)
Level 20: Empowering Circuit -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(46), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Rct-Def/Rchg(48)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(25), GifoftheA-Def/Rchg(25), GifoftheA-EndRdx/Rchg(43), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43), GifoftheA-Def(43)
Level 26: Assault Bot -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(42), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(45), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprMarofS-Dmg(34)
Level 28: Toxic Dart -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(33), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(33)
Level 30: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Upgrade Robot -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Insulating Circuit -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 38: Amp Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Speed of Sound -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 44: Corrosive Vial -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), Ann-ResDeb%(45), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Knock%(46)
Level 47: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(37), Rct-ResDam%(39), Rct-Def(50), Rct-Def/EndRdx(50), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A), Clr-EndRdx(42)
Level 1: Supremacy
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(34)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(33)
Level 1: Battle Drone
Level 12: Protector Bot
Level 26: Assault Bot
------------

image.thumb.png.4311246320cc46cec85a1390e2f40967.png

Edited by Seigmoraig

Some good ideas there, at least you make the most of Vial. I was trying to focus on Ranged and AoE defense instead of typed defense. but I like the idea of capped S&L resist.

Is there a way to get Mid's to show me the bots defense/res numbers? For example how much is the res bonus from Expedient Reinforcements?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out, it shows at the bottom of the pop-up where set info is shown.

I'm guessing though that unless the bonus says "pet" it doesn't apply to pets even if it's a pet set? for example does the "defense bonus" from Edict of the Master apply to me, me+pets, just pets?

E$DIT AGAIN: I guess if I stop expecting Mid's to provide all the ansders, according to https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Edict_of_the_Master:_Defense_BonusGrants you a 20' radius aura which increases your henchmen's defense by 5%. 

Edited by Papaschtroumpf

55 minutes ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

I guess if I stop expecting Mid's to provide all the ansders

That's right, all those frankenslots I put into the T1 bots in addition to the MM ATOs in the other pets are +def and +res auras that affect your pets. The rest of the set bonuses from the various sets will not affect the pets, only you.

Edited by Seigmoraig

So for my idea of getting most defense/resist/damage/regen/etc... for pets I think I want to work in:

Experience Reinforcement Resist Bonus Aura (10%)

Call to Arms Defense Bonus for Pets (5%)

Sovereign Rights Resistance Bonus (10%)

Edict of the Master Defense Bonus (5%)

Superior MArk of Supremacy +resit+regen (15%)

Superior Command of The MasterMind AoE defense (15%)

Soulbound Allegiance Chance for Buildup

Faraday Cage (base 11.25% or about 16+% depending on slotting)

Protector Bot, assuming it bubbles other bots (10% base, 12.5% with one defense IO, 11.6% with an LoTG)

Maneuvers (only 2.63% base defense or bit over 4% slotted)

Assault (11.25% can't be enhanced)

Tactics (base 7.5% so 10+ enhanced)

So total defense around 25.5% (40% Aoe) and resist at 41%. Not horrible but not great either. 

If I can my get better survivability for myself, should I try and get aggro to divert it from the bots? Is that what "tankerminds" are?

Here is a build trying to achieve the above. I took no attacks at all since I agree they are mostly useless for their damage component.. Just keep busy with EA and provoke to keep aggro off minions. . I  have about softcapped Ranged and AoE defense, decent S/L resits and Melee defense and good recharge to boot. I'm hoping Hover keeps me out of melee range?

I've never used Provoke so not sure how to slot it. I looks like it costs no endurance? but not acc/taunt enhancements either.

I wanted the Web Enveloper to keep foes in the burn patch and keep them off me with the -Fly and I would like to try Power Boost. that means taking Scorpion shield but since I'm going for positional defense, S/L is a little superfluous, but if I they do get in melee I it allows me to softcap my S/L and helps with Toxic resistance. so it wouldn't be an always on thing. I'm out of pool choices or I would have grabbed stealth if I don'f like powerboost. Fly and Afterburner (with LoTG) could be another choice, so many choices especially if you;re willing to give up the LoTG from the shield

Combat Jump could easily be used instead Hover, in fact if hover doesn'twork to stay off melee, I would grab it. But I might get a KB reduction somewhere for when Faraday Cage is not active (Hover sort of mitigates KB/KD with a quick flip animation). 

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Robotics
Secondary Power Set: zn_Electrical Affinity
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Presence
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Battle Drones -- BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(A), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(3), BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(5), BldMnd-Dmg(5), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(7)
Level 1: Shock -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(9), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(45), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(45), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(46), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(46)
Level 2: Rejuvenating Circuit -- Mrc-Heal/EndRdx(A), Mrc-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Mrc-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Mrc-Rcvry+(43)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(19), Rct-ResDam%(23)
Level 6: Equip Robot -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Energizing Circuit -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(11), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(25), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(48), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(48), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(48)
Level 12: Protector Bots -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), SvrRgh-PetResDam(13), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(13), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(15), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17), LucoftheG-Def(19)
Level 16: Faraday Cage -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), Ags-Psi/Status(31), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(33), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(33), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 18: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(34)
Level 20: Empowering Circuit -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(21), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(21), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Build%(37)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(23), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%(50)
Level 24: Weave -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(31), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(34), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), RedFrt-EndRdx(36), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 26: Assault Bot -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(27), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(29), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(31)
Level 28: Discharge -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(39), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(39), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(39), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(40), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(40)
Level 30: Provoke -- Taunt-I(A), Taunt-I(45)
Level 32: Upgrade Robot -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Insulating Circuit -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(42), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Prv-Heal/Rchg(42), Prv-Absorb%(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(43)
Level 38: Amp Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Web Envelope -- EnfOpr-Acc/Immob/Rchg(A), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob(46), EnfOpr-EndRdx/Immob(50), EnfOpr-Acc/EndRdx(50)
Level 44: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(11)
Level 1: Battle Drone 
Level 12: Protector Bot 
Level 26: Assault Bot 
------------

image.png.0ae9dc5aed78d22eadec94fd0c5ee2e6.png

image.thumb.png.dd7b66e5fa6d7fb62789afba04fd9777.png

There’s a half dozen or so Bots/EA builds posted here:

Personally, I think Amp Up is fairly useless outside of teaming with certain kinds of characters.  Has no effect on your own henchmen.  PowerBoost would be a better alternative if you want to increase some of your own power effects while simultaneously more broadly useful for a variety of teammates.

And I haven’t even triggered Defibrillate since maybe level 42.  Nobody needs a Rez (or triggers their own self-Rez before I can get to them), and the draining function isn’t insta, nor even all that useful when stuff is dying too fast.  So I’ll respec out of it at 50.  All those stacks of Static will just be wasted Other than increasing the chaining, but that’s kind of stupid mechanic anyways.  It feels a lot like the Sentinel inherent....hey look it, I can paint a big cross hair on that tar....oh nvm, team killed it already.

All in all, it’s a decent set with bots, but Bots/Time....really ANYTHING/Time, just blows it out of the water.

17 hours ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

So for my idea of getting most defense/resist/damage/regen/etc... for pets I think I want to work in:

Experience Reinforcement Resist Bonus Aura (10%)

Call to Arms Defense Bonus for Pets (5%)

Sovereign Rights Resistance Bonus (10%)

Edict of the Master Defense Bonus (5%)

Superior MArk of Supremacy +resit+regen (15%)

Superior Command of The MasterMind AoE defense (15%)

Soulbound Allegiance Chance for Buildup

Faraday Cage (base 11.25% or about 16+% depending on slotting)

Protector Bot, assuming it bubbles other bots (10% base, 12.5% with one defense IO, 11.6% with an LoTG)

Maneuvers (only 2.63% base defense or bit over 4% slotted)

Assault (11.25% can't be enhanced)

Tactics (base 7.5% so 10+ enhanced)

So total defense around 25.5% (40% Aoe) and resist at 41%. Not horrible but not great either. 

If I can my get better survivability for myself, should I try and get aggro to divert it from the bots? Is that what "tankerminds" are?

being bots trying to get ALL of those uniques in without gimping your damage in some way is practically impossible. this is why thugs and demons reign supreme - all 6 auras can go into gang war/hell on earth.

remember you can see your pets attributes by right clicking on them. it's at the bottom of that menu.

bots have horrible single target damage. bosses die very slow even with the -regen from the assault bot. 

the only reason to take any attacks at all outside of demons is if you are bored and i'm sorry but EA is too busy for that, or because you want to slot the FF chance for recharge procs. 

4 hours ago, Crysis said:

There’s a half dozen or so Bots/EA builds posted here:

Personally, I think Amp Up is fairly useless outside of teaming with certain kinds of characters.  Has no effect on your own henchmen.  PowerBoost would be a better alternative if you want to increase some of your own power effects while simultaneously more broadly useful for a variety of teammates.

And I haven’t even triggered Defibrillate since maybe level 42.  Nobody needs a Rez (or triggers their own self-Rez before I can get to them), and the draining function isn’t insta, nor even all that useful when stuff is dying too fast.  So I’ll respec out of it at 50.  All those stacks of Static will just be wasted Other than increasing the chaining, but that’s kind of stupid mechanic anyways.  It feels a lot like the Sentinel inherent....hey look it, I can paint a big cross hair on that tar....oh nvm, team killed it already.

All in all, it’s a decent set with bots, but Bots/Time....really ANYTHING/Time, just blows it out of the water.

you can fire defib without a dead target right? the aoe sleep would be nice I should think. 

I got to 40  yesterday and I agree that I am not super impressed with Amp Up so far either. I decided to give Mace a try, deviating from my initial plan, so I can give the web and power boost a try.

I often solo the Tina McIntire arc (with EBs, only a few characters have been able to deal with AVs solo in the 40s). This will be a good test of the robot damage test.

I will eventually make a Demons MM but for now this is the combo I'm trying to work with. I'll probably take Thermal for thematic reasons. I love /Time, but just came off a few /Time characters so I am not ready to take it again (while I like to work the numbers on my builds, I play the game to experience different ATs and powersets, so eventually I have to take power sets that are not the best).

Somehow I missed the whole EA discussion thread here in the MM forum, I only followed the general discussion in the set.

demons does go best with thermal as it maximizes their resists, gives you decent debuffs and -regen which can be made perma. I will warn you though that it's an extremely slow starter and if you can swing it, slap it on a 2nd account and use your main to level it up. but once you get going the only thing you really have to fear is bosses with high knockback as demons are prone to be stuck in ragdoll physics until you resummons them at times. the KB protection is the only thing EA has going for it in my opinion the rest of the set is very underwhelming overall as the numbers are tuned too low. 

1 hour ago, Dixa said:

you can fire defib without a dead target right? the aoe sleep would be nice I should think. 

Yes you can but again, at least on teams, holds/sleeps/immobilize have little use.

Solo it’s marginally useful.

Yep, did Tina 's Antimater arc tonight (left the last mission for tomorrow), no AVs. 

At +1 a lot of fights took forever even though I was perfectly safe (I think Marauder killed one of my bots and Antimatter another one) even though I don;t have all defense set bonuses slotted yet

Most fights look like Empowering Circuit -> Insulating Circuit, step in, drop Faraday Cage, Photon Grenade, Web Envelope, Discharge, now Need Energizing Circuit to get End back then monitor the bots, refill absorb or heal, yawn a few times, use the gun since I haven't respec'd out of it, use Nemesis Staff and miss 1/2 the time, rinse, repeat.

A little disappointed about web and Photon radius. I haven't convinced myself web is worth it yet.

I think I'll try soloing at +4 and then switch to the build with provoke on my way to see if it truly helps the bots survive more

Couldn't do Antimatter at +4x8, his debuffs were too strong.  I was able to get to him and take Neuron but it took too much effort.

My guess is right now I sit a +1x4, but no incarnates and the sets aren't complete yet. I can't decide if provoke to keep damage off the bots is working or not. in a pitch fever battle I am currently running out of endurance, but again some powers are not well slotted for -End yet