Pets

NecXoo

Pets are great for PvE, I'm not sure about PvP, my guess is no but the PvP forums would probably be a better option.

In general you can mix and match and primary and secondary sets that you like. The most thematic matches would IMHO be:

Bots/Traps or Bots/Forcefield

Demons/Thermal

Zombies/Dark Miasma

Beast/Nature

Ninjas/Trick Arrow

Mercenaries/Traps

Thugs/Pain

Of course not all of these combos are necessarily good (Ninjas/TA in particular is awful) but those give the best thematic matches.

Overall the primary sets are generally ranked like this:

Tier 1: Bots, Thugs and Demons

Tier 2: Mercenaries and Zombies

Tier 3: Ninjas and Beasts

Defender Smash!

Keep in mind that the only PvP I did was in Recluse's Victory Beta a VERY long time ago.  The problems with PvP is that you literally could be facing anything with any power setup and Enhancement arrangement.

At the minimum, consider how often you'll be facing Flight with PvP and how you are going to counter that.  Consider you're own Travel Power within that as well.  Flight is very mobile, but can make you easily seen, and your pets won't be following you unless you have Group Flight.  Sorcery has an advantage in that you can Teleport while Flying, but that will still only be you doing that flying and 'porting.  Not to mention, other players know they can follow your pets to you, and to get rid of them, all they have to do is get rid of YOU.

That being said, your buffs and debuffs will be enjoyed by anyone you are fighting, must as much as they would be for any Corruptor or Controller.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

MMs are a very strong class in pvp for a number of reasons. Good debuffs, tanky (bodyguard mode makes you effective 3k+ HP), with the ability to dish out huge damage. They're viable in 1v1s, 8v8s and zone pvp as well (not many ATs can do that).

Key powers you're gonna wanna take if you're pvping:

Superspeed/Superjump (standard required pvp mobility powers, without this you won't keep up with anyone)

Some form of -jump (Villain patron power pool grants you webnades which can stack with slow to give you time to debuff/attack)

I'd say most if not all MM primaries are viable, there aren't any that are "bad", it's mostly your secondary that's going to determine how you play and how well you do as a mastermind in pvp. Most secondaries are viable for pvp I'd say.

Viable PVP MM Secondaries: Cold dom, empathy, forcefield (only for forcebolt), kin, nature, pain, poison, radiation, storm (limited viability), thermal, trick arrow

Not Viable: Dark, Sonic, Time Manipulation, Traps

Hope this helps.