Epic and Ancillary power sets

Midgar

So it's been years since I last played COH, and I don't remember if this was the case, but with going rogue, are you able to learn powersets  from either side? Can I play a hero, then go rogue or whatever and learn Mu Mastery, or go villain go rogue and learn Energy Mastery?

That's the way I remember it.

You still had to do the missions to gain the Villain Masteries for most of them, but I don't recall if that was ever changed before shut down, and I'm too much an altoholic, soloist, and working father to be at the point to test it out.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Step 1:  Go to Pocket D, talk to Null the Gull.  Say you want to be a villain.

Step 2:  Go to Grandville, talk to the guy outside of the main building that introduces you to the patrons (Arbiter Rein).  Pick Black Scorpion.

Step 3:  Run Black Scorpion's arc.  Auto complete the third mission which is a kill-all.

Step 4:  In less than an hour you can have your badge.  Talk to Null the Gull again, explain that you were just confused about wanting to be a villain.

Pro tip:  All you need is the badge.  If you join someone for the last mission (Defeat Dr. Quatrexin) then you get the badge.  So if you do the above, you can invite friends for the final mission.

Now you can get your Scorpion Shield, or your Shadow Meld, or whatever Patron Pool power it is you're looking for.  ^_^

• Like 1

Patron stuff was lowered to 35th level as epic pools now unclock then! (Got a clunker in one of the last 2 spots of your secondary? You can start your epic pool early!)

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Also this is NOT a "SCORE" change this is from the original devs.

That said I have been looking at the hero-side epics for the villain ATs and they're often quite lackluster. The stalker ones for instance seem to be a copy/paste of the scrapper pools and are, in my opinion, significantly not as good as the original villain ones. So don't sweat it about being too easy.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!