Server differences?

Wow I'm so excited that this game is back, I have a question though. I made a villain on a particular server, and I noticed that my run speed was pretty fast, and flight powers were available straight away without having to choose hover first. So it became apparent that some powers have been enhanced and unlocked from the get go, is that the case on all the servers? As I like to play things slowly and work for powers if I'm honest, it's more fun that way.

These were live changes, travel powers available at level 4, and inherent fitness.

You would need to go to a several set back quite a few issues to play without those in effect.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

Wow I'm so excited that this game is back, I have a question though. I made a villain on a particular server, and I noticed that my run speed was pretty fast, and flight powers were available straight away without having to choose hover first. So it became apparent that some powers have been enhanced and unlocked from the get go, is that the case on all the servers? As I like to play things slowly and work for powers if I'm honest, it's more fun that way.

Then please pick the powers when you think they are appropriate and you have 'worked' enough for them, please don't start asking for thinsg to move backwards. Thanks.

Then please pick the powers when you think they are appropriate and you have 'worked' enough for them, please don't start asking for thinsg to move backwards. Thanks.

They weren't asking for them to be changed back.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

These were live changes, travel powers available at level 4, and inherent fitness.

You would need to go to a several set back quite a few issues to play without those in effect.

Exactly. The servers had a bonus XP setting going for a while until recently that coincided with game re-launch and also the 15th anniversary of the game; those are now off.

The only other things that this incarnation of the game has tweaked are as follows:

- since there's no veteran subscriber rewards or pay store, all the items formerly dispensed from that system have been moved to the ingame P2W Vendor. A selection of typical veteran rewards such as Nemesis Staff and Ninja run are claimable for free by speaking to the vendor. Additional items can unlocked with in-game currency as you like. The P2W vendor also allows you to tweak your personal XP rate at a cost of influence.

- costume unlocks that were premium outfits and certain earned rewards are all unlocked at the start

- respecs are free every 10 levels

Additionally the current version has some powers that were not released in live plus some powerset proliferation that was done by the fan developers. So some of the newer powersets are not as 100% refined and balanced as classic ones.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

The players on Everlasting are more hygienic. The Reunion players are taller but have poor posture. Torchbearer is the loudest server. The players on Excelsior are the worst at spelling. And the less said about Indomitable, the better.

;D

cvCFAld.png

+1 Inf!

I'm out.

The players on Everlasting are more hygienic. The Reunion players are taller but have poor posture. Torchbearer is the loudest server. The players on Excelsior are the worst at spelling. And the less said about Indomitable, the better.

;D

Its tru, I'm on Excelsoir and I'm a terrrible speeler.

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster