The MFing Warshade: A Guide by Dechs Kaison

• 5 weeks later
On 8/6/2019 at 12:51 PM, BeornOTNS said:

I am unable to copy/paste the MFing WarShade into Pines...

Would anyone have a clean build they could post in the forums?

~Beorn

Is this what you were looking to import from???  https://dechskaison.blogspot.com/2011/07/mfing-build.html

If so, please see the attached Mids file below to download the build.  Please note, I am using the Mids Reborn version 2.6.0.3 instead of Pines.

Defying the Curse - MFing WarShade Build.mxd

Matt Miracle

Covenant of Honor - Excelsior

A.W.O.L. (formerly on Liberty Live Server).

• 3 years later

Reading the MFing Warshade is what finally convinced me to give the AT an honest try.

Now I main a Warshade, and adore the AT above all others. It seriously shook up how I play the game and actually feels more natural for me to play than any other AT.

Now I understand why the Epic ATs are actually pretty great. A proper tri-form Warshade is a monster. With the right binds for switching forms, you can roll in, AoE mobs with Nova form, drop on them Beast Boy-Style in the Dwarf form, moar AoE and healz, then you transform to human to swat them with PBAoE after PBAoE! Then! Then, you feast on the corpses to full health and endurance, and fly off in Nova form, looking for more prey.

Like the guide said, it's a mindset thing that really changed my perspective on the AT. You don't settle on one form. You also don't pick a form for specific situations. You have to think of yourself as all three forms at once. With keybinds, you can effortlessly swap forms and spam the appropriate powers, which amounts to just overwhelming mobs with damage and gives you a feeling of adaptability, and there's always ways to mix up your attack chains that still have fun results.

And don't get me started on Shadow Slip. That power's a genius idea and it really lends to the AT feeling like a powerhouse. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I first started on the EATs from the PB guide, loved it, and it’s my main.

When the shadow slip changes came in… well my two mains are my kheldians now.

PB feels like the helpful, considered toon, I use to exemp on mission teams and  ouro’ing weird/new/complicated arcs (Piecemeal’s for example). I can comfortably tank, or damage, fill in those gaps, as I don’t need to worry about my own health. I’ll use veng to help the team. KD is there to mitigate damage against the team.

My WS now is death. A purple brute. An alien dominator. Ill TP a teammates corpse if they die, but cos I want the veng near me so I get it.

I think that “mindset” of all forms at once actually should be there for both. They’re self sufficient, quick, bright.

• Thumbs Up 2

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

• 3 months later
On 2/9/2023 at 12:27 AM, hieronymusboss said:

Reading the MFing Warshade is what finally convinced me to give the AT an honest try.

Now I main a Warshade, and adore the AT above all others. It seriously shook up how I play the game and actually feels more natural for me to play than any other AT.

Now I understand why the Epic ATs are actually pretty great. A proper tri-form Warshade is a monster. With the right binds for switching forms, you can roll in, AoE mobs with Nova form, drop on them Beast Boy-Style in the Dwarf form, moar AoE and healz, then you transform to human to swat them with PBAoE after PBAoE! Then! Then, you feast on the corpses to full health and endurance, and fly off in Nova form, looking for more prey.

Like the guide said, it's a mindset thing that really changed my perspective on the AT. You don't settle on one form. You also don't pick a form for specific situations. You have to think of yourself as all three forms at once. With keybinds, you can effortlessly swap forms and spam the appropriate powers, which amounts to just overwhelming mobs with damage and gives you a feeling of adaptability, and there's always ways to mix up your attack chains that still have fun results.

And don't get me started on Shadow Slip. That power's a genius idea and it really lends to the AT feeling like a powerhouse. 

Do you have a build available for Tri-form WS?

• 11 months later
Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2023 at 6:50 PM, Tonio said:

Do you have a build available for Tri-form WS?

Yeah this is the one I use. Copied the basics from somebody, can't remember anymore. LOL sorry for the late reply. 

You won't be able to beat Blasters or Stalkers or whatever on straight up DPS, but you WILL be fairly unkillable, adaptable and able to pound AoEs like nobody's business. You'll also look cooler than 75% of characters out there.

I tanked a 4-Star Aeon Strike Force on this guy. So it can handle the hard stuff if you know what you're doing - and have a good team behind you. I don't solo much with him tho. So your mileage may vary.

Remember: if you're gonna play a true MFing Warshade, your build is important, but comes second to the mindset. Read the guide, learn the keybinds for transforming. They are essential to the playstyle being described. It's not "Hey you need a blaster for this TF? I'll stay in Nova form the whole time." It's more like "I don't give a f00k what you need. I'm hungry. So let me introduce y'all to the ever-shifting nightmare that is the Nictus! Not even the Council could dream of what I'm about to unleash upon my enemies." XD

Hope you have fun. 🙂

Afterlife - Warshade (Umbral Blast - Umbral Aura).mbd

Edited by hieronymusboss