why can't i slot "apocalipse" 2 diff in my range power?

Pappy

Also, purple sets can only be slotted by level 50 toons. But you said she was able to slot one in already, just not the other one.

Apocalypse is Ranged Damage category. so she can only slot it in powers that allow that kind of IOs to be slotted (i.e. can't slot it in Melee or Targetted AoE powers). If she's trying to slot it in the same power, it shouldn't be an issue.

Unless it's the same IO. As a set, you can only have one of each set piece in a power at the most. And as CJ said, Purples are unique, meaning you can only have 1 of each set piece in any given power per toon.

Edited by Six Six

the first  one she slotted is  Apocalypse Rech/Acc lvl 50 it went in her charge bolt no problem .éthe other one is Apocalypse Damage/endurance reduction also lvl 50 and  the toon is a lvl 50 . as soon as u go to get the enh  all her power trays go grey .i even unslotted the one she had slotted and same result all grey

she also bought another one Apocalypse Damage/Recharge lvl 50 same result the only one working is the Rech/Acc  i used an unslotter  and same result one works the 2 others can't do nothing.any input would be appreciated.

• Game Master

Their advice is correct.  Ultra Rare (Purple) IOs like Apocalypse are UNIQUE.  Not only can you use only one of the six enhancements per character, only one full set is allowed on a character.

• If you have two "Apocalypse: Chance for Negative Energy Damage" IOs made, this means only one is useable on your character.  The second one can't be slotted anywhere on the same character.
  • If you have all six of a set of Apocalypse, you can slot all six on a character AS LONG as none of them duplicate each other:

Apocalypse: Damage (Superior)

Apocalypse: Damage/Recharge (Superior)

Apocalypse: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy (Superior)

Apocalypse: Recharge/Accuracy (Superior)

Apocalypse: Damage/Endurance (Superior)

Apocalypse: Chance for Negative Energy Damage.

For example, you can put the above list of enhancements in the Fire Blast power on a blaster.

But the following WON'T work:

If you try it, only four of the slots will connect and two can't be placed.  (The greyed out ones will not be able to be slotted anywhere, not just the intended power.) 

This is because Damage/Recharge/Accuracy and Recharge/Accuracy are duplicated; only one of each will be allowed to slot.

YOU CAN, however, "split the deck".  This will work:

Fire Blast:

Apocalypse: Damage/Endurance (Superior)

Flares:

Apocalypse: Damage/Recharge (Superior)

Because it still follows the rules: only one of each of the six enhancements are used on a single character with no duplicates.  Not only will they slot, but your set bonuses for having 3/6 enhancements will be issued twice (at the cost of not getting the 4th, 5th and 6th set bonus from Apocalypse.)  Food for thought.

Edited by GM Tahquitz

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.