How did they make the moon map?

Shofar

(UPDATE: I replied, below, with images)

Hello,

Newbie Architect here... 

Question: What is the following map, and if it's custom, how?

I'm on Reunion server and on Page 1 of the missions sorted by rating there is one called "Bads in Space (an EXP Farm for any Archetype)" by creator A Humble Farmer.

On the map you look like you're on an asteroid, in space, and you can see the Earth and moon in the sky! (?!)

(I think maybe you're supposed to be on the moon in the story, but whatever... the "actors" and such seem like a moon landing hoax joke maybe)

There are lava streams and embers like I've seen in a cave, but you're in a simple, rock circle bordered by some slightly taller rocks and then just space!

What AE map is this?

I have not seen where you can edit the maps to this degree, so if it is not a stock CoH AE map then did someone use some kind of a mod, or did a dev have fun with a quickie? 

Thanks!

(update: see images in my reply below)

Edited by Shofar

I imagine this was either:

- An existing map for a Mission/Task Force. (I personally can't recall ever doing.)

- An unused map that was already existing within the Map Files. AE merely accessed it.

- It is a partial view of an existing map that isn't accessible without DEV/Hack commands.

- A map that was used by DEVs for testing or generating cinematic/scenic content.

- Partial or incomplete content that was never used on live.

- An experiment of a map rendition and never received a story to match with it for content.

A customized map wouldn't be completely foreign but I imagine the map you saw fits into one of the points above as it was already within the game files.

Edited by Nayeh
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nayeh said:

I imagine this was either:

- An existing map for a Mission/Task Force. (I personally can't recall ever doing.)

- An unused map that was already existing within the Map Files. AE merely accessed it.

- It is a partial view of an existing map that isn't accessible without DEV/Hack commands.

- A map that was used by DEVs for testing or generating cinematic/scenic content.

- Partial or incomplete content that was never used on live.

- An experiment of a map rendition and never received a story to match with it for content.

A customized map wouldn't be completely foreign but I imagine the map you saw fits into one of the points above as it was already within the game files.

Wow, thanks... yeah the part that really got me was seeing the Earth, itself (identifiable continents and all) in the night sky.

The giant sun is opposite them, too.

The terrain has that look of a map that has been cut off into partial view, but then again you can look down into oblivion.

I should have shown this in the OP:

001aaaCoH_Screenshot_MoonEarthBetter2.png

001aaaCoH_Screenshot_MoonSpaceBelow.png

On 5/6/2020 at 5:32 PM, ZekeStenzland said:

Looks like it might be the map from the Who Will Die #7 arc, where you fight Darren Wade and the Rularuu out in space. 

This is it exactly.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.