Vidiot Maps (I think?)

Caol24

• 4 weeks later

This is how mine is setup.

Game is in: c:\games\COX\tequilla

Game add-on content gets put into the folder: c:\games\COX\tequilla\Data

Thus when you "install" the maps you'll get a Data folder that needs to be located as seen here.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

This is how mine is setup.

Game is in: c:\games\COX\tequilla

Game add-on content gets put into the folder: c:\games\COX\tequilla\Data

Thus when you "install" the maps you'll get a Data folder that needs to be located as seen here.

Please don't advise people that need help for something as simple to do, as this, to do that.  Use the KISS rule.  All that does it make it harder for us SCOTS Tech Volunteers to help people when they have issues and come see us on discord.

Just keep everything in your game folder so if you installed the game in  C:/Games/COH (or cityofheroes) put all game related stuff in coh (cityofheroes). You should have the game files AND the launcher (tequila) files in there so have it install there too.

The mod data folder should be in the coh (cityofheroes). Not saying the method mentioned above doesn't work but it's simply asking for trouble if you don't know what you're doing and makes it hard for us tech volunteers from Discord to help you.

@Silk, um...that IS my game folder...that's why I put it that way. Besides the games/COX that should be the default method for Tequila IIRC.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

I was trying to highlight that the imperative here is the Data folder. Once unpacked it can simply be moved if you mess up, but it must go into the game's installation folder.

@Silk, um...that IS my game folder...that's why I put it that way. Besides the games/COX that should be the default method for Tequila IIRC.

Your post makes it sound like the game is in COX with tequila files in tequila along with the data folder.  As for the default method it's c:/games/coh or cityofheroes

It has been what we have been suggesting both here and in discord since bree.  See the guide in my link and see discord. It's like that for a reason as the torrent is one I provided and is also the one pinned in discord.

Once the new launcher is done if a torrent is still needed I will be updating the one we use now and will probably add vidiotmaps in it by default with the updated maps.