Earth Mastery and Stone Melee Opinions

Quindorrian

Question for everyone.  So, looking at Stone Melee/Stone Armor, if you had to choose between picking up Boulder throw or going with Earth Mastery powers, which would you pick and why?  What does everyone think of Earth Mastery as a power set?  What powers are recommended from the set?  

Stalagmites only had a 10% chance to stun and the damage is pretty low.  Quicksand is really the shining power in Earth mastery and that's not saying a while lot.  The -def is nice, but since it can't be slotted you're stuck with slows for procs

What this team needs is more Defenders

I usually take Salt Crystals and Quicksand on tankers that don't need Conserve Power and Physical Perfection.  Salt Crystals attacks a large number of mobs over a wide area, and Quicksand discourages runners and keeps them close. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I took Earth once years ago to experiment and fairly quickly respec'd out of it.  In my experience it was pretty lackluster.

My default choice for an APP is Pyre for Fire Blast and Fire Ball, two decent ranged attacks, one with a large AOE.  My second choice is Energy if I'm still having end problems; but I usually have that under control by the mid 30's.

My Inv/Stone tanker currently has Hurl Boulder, Fire Blast and Fire Ball for ranged attention getters/attacks and Heavy Mallet/Fault/Tremor/Seismic Smash for melee attacks.  I drop Stone Mallet and only use Stone Fist in low levels.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

21 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

I took Earth once years ago to experiment and fairly quickly respec'd out of it.  In my experience it was pretty lackluster.

My default choice for an APP is Pyre for Fire Blast and Fire Ball, two decent ranged attacks, one with a large AOE.  My second choice is Energy if I'm still having end problems; but I usually have that under control by the mid 30's.

My Inv/Stone tanker currently has Hurl Boulder, Fire Blast and Fire Ball for ranged attention getters/attacks and Heavy Mallet/Fault/Tremor/Seismic Smash for melee attacks.  I drop Stone Mallet and only use Stone Fist in low levels.

Seconding pyre.  I normally go pyre or soul mastery if I want more attacks.  Gloom is a bit better than fire blast (DoT though) but fireball is better than dark obliteration.