Minimal FX for Barrier and Clarion Destiny powers

As per topic.  Clarion makes you and your friends run around covered in squiggles, and Barrier gives everyone their very own hamster ball, but it'd be nice to have an option to not have a "permanent" effect after the powers animate, like with Rebirth and Ageless.

• Like 1

While I'm not disagreeing, I think this is done more as visual feedback so you or your team can easily keep track of what buff is on. If you are going to make this claim it should extend to all buffs, and to that effect I think there would be a decline in reapplication of buffs if this were the case. Also I'm not sure if the dev team really has anyone that is working on "how powers look".

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

2 minutes ago, Snowdaze said:

While I'm not disagreeing, I think this is done more as visual feedback so you or your team can easily keep track of what buff is on. If you are going to make this claim it should extend to all buffs, and to that effect I think there would be a decline in reapplication of buffs if this were the case. Also I'm not sure if the dev team really has anyone that is working on "how powers look".

The issue becomes that there are so many buffs being applied simultaneously that it is difficult, if not impossible to see what is going on.  To me, there definitely needs to be more minimal or no FX options available because of this.  I would very much like to see a "remove all VFX from buffs" option that disables FX spam from the players perspective only.  This way, people can color their powers and buffs however they like and I can not see them on me.  Their viewpoint is unaffected.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Snowdaze said:

I think this is done more as visual feedback so you or your team can easily keep track of what buff is on. If you are going to make this claim it should extend to all buffs, and to that effect I think there would be a decline in reapplication of buffs if this were the case.

I'm not so sure.  After all, as noted by my original post, precedent seems against that because Rebirth and Ageless both lack a permanent visual indicator that the buff is in place, for example. 

While you can't get rid of the sphere entirely, you can make Barrier very low-key with the right color selection.

Pick the "Bright" option, and then the farthest left, darkest grey on the top row of the color chart. The resulting FX are pretty subtle.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice