Unable to launch game.

VT2323

Everytime I launch Tequila is goes through the validating process but at the end I get a download error where it says a bunch of my items were unable to download.  And there is not a play option either.  I've tried revalidating but it ends up with the same problem.

• Game Master

Sounds like a network issue that is preventing Tequila from obtaining the files.  You can try the Beta Manifest to see if it's an issue with mirrors. (The Beta Manifest will have links to the live game as well.)  Or see if the computer will get the files by using a Hotspot or Cellular connection (only do a few files -- the full client is 5.2GB, and will eat through a low LTE Data allowance... just enough to see if it's your network that is the cause or not.)

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

Also make sure you've white listed the game/folder as some AVs will block traffic as well some have reported.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On 5/16/2020 at 9:44 PM, VT2323 said:

at the end I get a download error where it says a bunch of my items were unable to download.

It sounds like the same problem I've had for the past few months. I did find a workaround. If I started a VPN connection, the update would complete successfully.

I suspect my ISP might see the Tequila update as suspicious traffic.