Sakura's Really Dumb Ideas (not serious suggestions)

Basically, in this thread, I'm mostly just here to share some crazy ideas that have cropped into my head to see what you guys think because they won't leave me alone and open the forum for other dumb suggestions you guys might have but also are not seriously committed to wanting to see in game. in general, a lot of these ideas aren't based around any real or sane mechanical balance, it's all about the idea of feel.

1. Auto-defeat for control powers: This would be hell to balance in any respect, but the general idea is that in movies and cartoons or comics, when a badguy or hero uses something to knock someone out, bind them up, or whatever, that dude is out of the fight unless they're serious stuff, and even then. So basic idea is that against minions and lieutenants, if you can lock them down with a single hold type (and possibly only specific holds like stun, sleep, hold, and confuse) for 15 and 20 seconds respectively, they just drop, automatically defeated regardless of HP they have left because of the implied idea that in the time they've been mezzed, you were able to do whatever work you needed for a coup de grace. This also would let doms and controllers worry more about the bigger threats.
  2. Control powers no longer need line of sight (in PvE): basically as the name says, there's no balance reason and it probably wouldn't even help all that much outside of attacking from around corners or targeting someone and running back behind a wall, but the general idea is to let control powers feel like you are a master of the environment, that you don't even need to be physically there (sort of) to start kicking ass. I guess the major balance point here thankfully is that if it's just control primary powers, than it won't amount to much more than just being about to avoid an retaliation alpha strike since secondaries for doms and controllers are a thing and a big boost to both side's DPS (maybe if you want to really cheese a boss to death), but seriously, just imagine how cool it is to imagine an enemy trying to run through a hallway to reach you but the earth itself reaches up and keeps locking them down.
  3. Turn X-ray Beam and Laser Beam Eyes into snipes: Aha! it's not all about controller and dom primaries. Nope, in this case the idea is just to let laser beam eyes feel like a powerful attack. When superman or cyclops use their eyebeams, things end up hurting. By giving them a snipe aspect, they can still be slotted for ST ranged damage, you can have it so their in-combat damage remains the same, but when you're starting up a fight, it gets that extra oomph (albeit needing extra wind up time).
  4. Super Reflexes Elude changes: Oh boy, here's a fun one, the gist is to keep the crash and maybe even make the recharge time longer (and unenhanceable) but make it really worth it.
  • In addition to the large buff to positional defenses, defense debuff, movement, and recovery, Elude now grants a substantial +50% ToHit buff and +100% to your accuracy along with a beefy 70% recharge buff. The idea is that you are moving so fast now, not only can you dodge attacks easier to dodge, enemies become easier to hit because your can see their movements and all that, on top of that, your movements just flow into one another much quicker.
  • When Elude is first activated, it hits all enemies around the user with a wide area (like 45ft radius, no line of sight) with a massive slow movement and -recharge debuff (maybe as much as -80%, unenhaceable), to sort of give that 'Fox Quicksilver'/'300 cups of Coffee Fry' feeling where you're moving so quick, weaker opponents just seem to sit there and stand still while you batter them.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

Super Reflexes Elude changes: Oh boy, here's a fun one, the gist is to keep the crash and maybe even make the recharge time longer (and unenhanceable) but make it really worth it.

If you aren't using it (or worse, can't because the uptime is terrible) that makes it LESS "worth it" to take the power, not more.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

53 minutes ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

Super Reflexes Elude changes: Oh boy, here's a fun one, the gist is to keep the crash and maybe even make the recharge time longer (and unenhanceable) but make it really worth it.

• In addition to the large buff to positional defenses, defense debuff, movement, and recovery, Elude now grants a substantial +50% ToHit buff and +100% to your accuracy along with a beefy 70% recharge buff. The idea is that you are moving so fast now, not only can you dodge attacks easier to dodge, enemies become easier to hit because your can see their movements and all that, on top of that, your movements just flow into one another much quicker.
  • When Elude is first activated, it hits all enemies around the user with a wide area (like 45ft radius, no line of sight) with a massive slow movement and -recharge debuff (maybe as much as -80%, unenhaceable), to sort of give that 'Fox Quicksilver'/'300 cups of Coffee Fry' feeling where you're moving so quick, weaker opponents just seem to sit there and stand still while you batter them.

The others to me "meh" This one... THIS ONE! Rename it to "Bullet Time" and you have my vote! Though Duration couldn't be any longer then 2 minutes. (The group debuff might make it over powered, but at that point your in it to win it, You could give the enemies a buff at the crash, just to make sure they kill you!)

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!