Need Help w/ Plant/Thorns

Quindorrian

So, the issue I am having is that every power in thorny assault is viable and if I take all the powers I run out of slots to put in them to make them all proper.  So, how do we handle this if we want a high dps/high survivability build?  I just have no idea what to gimp...  Thanks for any help/advice!

If you're going to take the 3 heavy single-target attacks of Skewer, Impale, and Thorn Barrage, then you don't really need Fling Thorns... you can slot up your single-target Hold with procs for damage plus Hold, so you have enough attacks for a single-target chain. Or you can slot it up and not use one of the heavier attacks... I would drop Skewer so you have a fully-ranged single-target cycle.

It's hard to skip any good AoE attacks, but Thorntrops at least can get away with lower slotting... damage procs don't work that well in it, and it doesn't need Accuracy, and the End cost is low, so you can get away with 3-4 slots of Damage/Recharge.

Build-up also saves slots since you 1-slot it with the Gaussian proc.

Other than that, welcome to the Standard Dominator Slot Crunch 😛 . It's actually why I really like Plants as the primary for it. For one thing, -Def from Thorns helps the Confused mobs kill each other faster... but also, Plants doesn't need as much slotting as most other sets.

• 2 weeks later