Rad Armor and Agro

hakurr

i have started a new tanker running Radiation / Katana was wanting to know if anyone with Exp of Radiation Armor know how well Agro management is with the set i plan to put Taunt Psi Proc in almost all attacks as well as using taunt and plan to run with Ground Zero filled with Taunts partially for set bonus partially to Agro as much as possible. anyone know if this will work or am i wasting my time with all the taunt IO's

1 hour ago, hakurr said:

...i plan to put Taunt Psi Proc in almost all attacks as well as using taunt and plan to run with Ground Zero filled with Taunts partially for set bonus partially to Agro as much as possible. anyone know if this will work or am i wasting my time with all the taunt IO's

I only add the Perfect Zinger %Psi to the longer recharging (or AoE) attacks. On faster cycling attacks, there are probably better uses for the slot (even if it goes to another power). Your idea isn't a bad one to try to get some more damage and I am not familiar with Katana so check your spreadsheets!

I usually end up 6-Slotting Taunt with either Mocking Beratement or Perfect Zinger depending on what I am chasing (certain Defenses or more Global +Recharge). I have also used a slight frakenslotting of 5xMocking Beratement and the %Psi proc for those times when the extra Global +Recharge isn't really going to matter and I want a 'ranged' attack.

YMMV but for most of my builds the bonuses from the common Mocking Beratement set are better than the rare Perfect Zinger. +Endurance, +Defenses and +Recharge FTW.

I think you would be wasting slots putting so many taunt slots all over your build.

Beta Decay will aggro up to 10 targets

Taunt will hit up to 5 targets

Radiation Therapy will hit up to 11 targets

Ground Zero will hit up to 30 targets, but hits allies and enemies.

And then there are however many targets you hit with your secondary and aggro with Gauntlet.

But the aggro cap is 17

So, unless you are planning to aggro things and then never kill any, you should be able to grab plenty of attention as the rest of the team does their thing.

Ground Zero is a mini-nuke. Slot it for damage.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

I use the PerfZing +PsiDam proc in Radiation Therapy, along with 3 Touch of the Nictus, and 2 Oblits. I just use the base slot in taunt the power. Anything you like. But I use Mocking Beratement Taunt, Recharge, Range, that I bumped up to max +5 levels.

I use no other Taunt sets.

I slotted Ground Zero for DefDebuff, Recharge, and Damage. I also put an Achilles Heel proc in there.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty