Burst of Speed data

Shred Monkey

Mid's doesn't show the damage and radius of Burst of Speed (from martial combat).   Does anyone have this data?   

Edited by Shred Monkey

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

In-game info says 56.72 damage at level 50, 2.6% Defiance for 8.5 seconds. No other effects.

Although, BTW, the in-game info LIES!!!! it says the range is 200 ft, and I have to LOL at that. I think it's in the neighborhood of 80 ft, maybe 100.

Edit: hmmm... maybe I'll set up some tests for the range. I wonder if there is a targeting problem rather than a range problem... can you have it activate at the target's location even if the target circles say you can't reach that far? Needs testing.

Edited by Coyote

8 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

Mid's doesn't show the damage and radius of Burst of Speed (from martial combat).   Does anyone have this data?   

There is some data in the proc thread from Bopper:

[...]

Test 1: Proof that Burst of Speed uses a pseudopet, it does not use a 90s recharge for Proc calculations, and each teleport uses the same probability to proc (due to same activate period that I suspect is 10s).

Did some follow on testing and I found out two things: The max targets hit is 16 (nice), and the radius of the attack is likely 15 feet (not bad).

I did my test by using 5 damage procs: Armageddon (4.5 PPM), Blaster's Wrath (4 PPM), Obliteration, Scirocco's Dervish, and Eradication (each 3.5 PPM). The results are as follows:

Total Hits: 1107

Armageddon Procs: 304 (309 expected for a 15 ft radius; 27.4% actual vs. 27.9% theoretical)

Blaster's Wrath Procs: 277 (275 expected, 25.0% vs. 24.8%)

Scirocco's Procs: 251 (240 expected, 22.7% vs. 21.7%)

Obliteration Procs: 234 (240 expected, 21.1% vs. 21.7%)

Eradication Procs: 259 (240 expected, 23.4% vs. 21.7%)

All 3.5 PPM combined: 744 (721 expected)

Total Procs: 1325 (1304 expected)

I hope that helps in your understanding of the power. To summarize, each teleport acts as a pseudopet, so it uses the 10s activate period for its Proc calculations. The radius of the attack is 15 feet and the max targets it can hit is 16.

Yes. A single level 50 damage IO will add about 23 damage at level 50, and a non-purple damage proc will add about 15 damage. So it should be slotted with Acc/Dam/Rech first, then procs only if the damage ED cap is reached, and only if Accuracy and Recharge are good, and Endurance doesn't need an End Red.

In short, I would put at least a 5-slot of a good set in it, and probably go to 6 slots for a set bonus even if an IO would a bit more damage. 15 damage from an IO just isn't that much, I'd rather proc out an attack with longer recharge, and use BoS for set bonuses. It does decent damage, actually, if you fire it 3 times... about 300 at 50, so that's not too bad.

3 hours ago, Coyote said:

In-game info says 56.72 damage at level 50, 2.6% Defiance for 8.5 seconds. No other effects.

Although, BTW, the in-game info LIES!!!! it says the range is 200 ft, and I have to LOL at that. I think it's in the neighborhood of 80 ft, maybe 100.

Edit: hmmm... maybe I'll set up some tests for the range. I wonder if there is a targeting problem rather than a range problem... can you have it activate at the target's location even if the target circles say you can't reach that far? Needs testing.

I use a bind to activate at my target.  I'm online with my toon right now.   The range is longer than the range of my snipe.  200 seems right.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

41 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

I use a bind to activate at my target.  I'm online with my toon right now.   The range is longer than the range of my snipe.  200 seems right.

Wow, thanks. I just checked myself, and I agree. I must have been doing something weird when the character was lower level and it seemed to me that the range was limited to about a standard attack's range, for some reason 🥴

On 5/27/2020 at 9:37 PM, Shred Monkey said:

do you mind sharing the bind you use for this?  i’d love to try it

32 minutes ago, capricorpse said:

do you mind sharing the bind you use for this?  i’d love to try it

The one I use is:
/bind z "powexec_location target Burst of Speed"
Change the z to whatever key you want the power on.

Edited by Vulpoid