Summaries of Henchmen pros/cons?

Menelruin

5 hours ago, JayboH said:

I mean, it softcaps your men, it's got massive -regen, Acid Mortar fires 10 times each summon and can be loaded up with 5 procs and a purple for acc/rech, Poison Trap can slot at least 4 procs, grab web envelope to keep mobs in the pyro patches, etc.

I was messing around with this before shutdown:

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Super Punx: Level 50 Technology Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Thugs
Secondary Power Set: Traps
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Medicine
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Call Thugs -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(3), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(5), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(7)
Level 1: Web Grenade -- EnfOpr-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 2: Caltrops -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Triage Beacon -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(7), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(9), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(9), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(11)
Level 6: Equip Thugs -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(17), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(17), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(19)
Level 10: Acid Mortar -- JvlVll-Dam%(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(19), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(21), ShlBrk-%Dam(21), TchofLadG-%Dam(23), PstBls-Dam%(23)
Level 12: Call Enforcer -- BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(A), DefBuff-I(27), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(25), BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(25), BldMnd-Dmg(15), DefBuff-I(27)
Level 14: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 16: Force Field Generator -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(29), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(31)
Level 18: Gang War -- RechRdx-I(A), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(31), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(39), EdcoftheM-PetDef(43), SvrRgh-PetResDam(45), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(50)
Level 20: Poison Trap -- RechRdx-I(A), Lck-Rchg/Hold(33), NrnSht-Dam%(33), Lck-%Hold(33), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(34), UnbCns-Dam%(34)
Level 22: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(34), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(36), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(36), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(36)
Level 24: Aid Other -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(37), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(37), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(37), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 26: Call Bruiser -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SlbAll-Build%(42)
Level 28: Seeker Drones -- CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(42), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(42), CldSns-%Dam(43)
Level 30: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(40)
Level 32: Upgrade Equipment -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 38: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(45), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(45), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(46), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 41: Web Envelope -- GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(A), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(46), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(48), GrvAnc-Hold%(48), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(50)
Level 44: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Combat Jumping -- Krm-ResKB(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 49: Trip Mine -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Supremacy
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 4: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 4: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(13)
Level 4: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 4: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(13), PrfShf-End%(15)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
Level 50: Spectral Radial Flawless Interface
Level 50: Robotic Drones Core Superior Ally
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 1: Punk
Level 1: Arsonist
Level 26: Bruiser
Level 12: Enforcer
------------

as much as I love thugs for how easy they are to softcap def, any mob with just a tiny inkling of tohit wrecks your pets. and don't get me started on all of the autohit psychic aoe's in the game. 

I do not like being gimped vs. any single enemy group on anything I play. 

6 hours ago, Dixa said:

as much as I love thugs for how easy they are to softcap def, any mob with just a tiny inkling of tohit wrecks your pets. and don't get me started on all of the autohit psychic aoe's in the game. 

I do not like being gimped vs. any single enemy group on anything I play. 

Let's see your build version with the same combo.  I want to improve it; I said right in the beginning I was messing around with it.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

9 hours ago, JayboH said:

Let's see your build version with the same combo.  I want to improve it; I said right in the beginning I was messing around with it.

there isn't one that is still thugs. all defense based sets are in actual practice weaker than any set that can cap to the most common resistances and have some defense - like demons. 

there are just too many mob types with +tohit and autohit abilities as you approach and play in the end game. However if you are the kind of mm player that does not mind replacing pets every pack then it may not bother you as much. 

On 6/5/2020 at 9:57 AM, Redlynne said:

2.5 million INF may be a pittance for a Level 50 sugar daddy ... but it's a pretty steep cost for anyone who is leveling up and doesn't already have a Level 50 to "hand me down" plenty of INF from.

I'd rather spend my money sugar-daddying my alts with IO's and particular uniques vs buying them temp status protection. 

Plus, and okay this is personal opinion only.... I just feel... cheesy / cheaty... using things like Defensive Ampliefier.

Like, my squishies are to supposed to have to deal with things like holds / sleeps / etc from enemies.

But generally speaking, I'm often illogical.

Also, yes, I typically set my notoriety and would never consider adjusting it downward as I flashback, not unless I convinced it was Simply Not Possible to defeat via any other means.

Lowering difficulty on missions, for me, is a Giant Hit to Ego / Pride.  (again, I'm often illogical)

1 hour ago, Dixa said:

there isn't one that is still thugs. all defense based sets are in actual practice weaker than any set that can cap to the most common resistances and have some defense - like demons. 

there are just too many mob types with +tohit and autohit abilities as you approach and play in the end game. However if you are the kind of mm player that does not mind replacing pets every pack then it may not bother you as much. 

It's not like they don't have some resists, they just don't have inherent resists, then again I don't know if you even bothered to look at it.  I would still like to see how you would create a build with that combo anyways even knowing full well your stance on it.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood