Earth/Storm

Seigmoraig

Hi guys, I started a thread earlier about a Fire/Storm build but I have completely changed it to be Earth Control instead of Fire.
I had initially went with Mace Mastery PPP for the Scorpion shield but I am having a lot of issues with endurance management even before toggling on the Scorpion Shield and my defences weren't THAT great to begin with.

After reading more threads around here, I changed up the build to be with Psionic Mastery instead of Mace to get some mez protection since I will be running Ageless and not Clarion. I also changed around the sets so that I can get as high as I can in Ranged and Melee def. They aren't capped right now, but I am getting in the low 40s with Support Core running along with much better resists than before.

Psionic also offers another tornado which is pretty sweet, can't have enough tornadoes and Knockdown effects ! This is something I really like about this pairing, I can get pretty much anything to fall on it's butt between Earthquake, Gale the Tornadoes and Lightning Storm.

Not sure if I should run Musculature, or Spiritual Alpha slot. Spiritual gives extra cooldown but my Lightning Storm and Tornado are already pretty much recharge capped so it doesn't give a huge bonus there but it does help for all the rest of the powers like Indomitable Will, Earthquake, Fossilize, Quicksand and Freezing Rain.

What do you guys think ?

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Technology Controller
Primary Power Set: Earth Control
Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fossilize -- GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(3), UnbCns-Dam%(5), NrnSht-Dam%(5), GldJvl-Dam%(7), HO:Nucle(45)
Level 1: Gale -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(3)
Level 2: Stone Cages -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(7), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(9), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(11)
Level 4: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13)
Level 6: Quicksand -- PcnoftheT--Rchg%(A), PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(13), PcnoftheT-Dmg/Slow(15), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(15), PcnoftheT-Rng/Slow(17), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(17)
Level 8: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(29), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(29), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 12: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), StdPrt-ResKB(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(33), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(43), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(43)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 18: Earthquake -- DmpSpr-ToHitDeb(A), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg(19), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(19), DmpSpr-Rchg/EndRdx(21), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(21), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 20: Hurricane -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45)
Level 24: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33)
Level 26: Volcanic Gasses -- UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 28: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(40), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(25), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 30: O2 Boost -- Heal-I(A)
Level 32: Animate Stone -- BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(A), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(45), BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(46), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), BldMnd-Acc(46), BldMnd-Dmg(50)
Level 35: Tornado -- SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(A), SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SlbAll-Acc/Rchg(36), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Indomitable Will -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Mind Over Body -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(27), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(48), GldArm-3defTpProc(50)
Level 49: Psionic Tornado -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(37), OvrFrc-End/Rech(34), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(34), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(42), Mrc-Rcvry+(42)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(43)
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Ageless Invocation
Level 50: Support Partial Radial Graft
------------

Edited by Seigmoraig

Why no Stalagmites? It's a major power for Earth, and has access to a purple set.

You can't put that many slots into your last two powers, you'll have to reorder the power selections.

Personally, I would like to try to pick up the Sorcery pool and get Rune of Protection, so that alternating between that and Indomitable Will you have permanent mez protection. Powers that I would drop to make room are Maneuvers/Tactics (need to clear up a pool, also), Quicksand, and O2 Boost (that's 4 powers, but you need to drop one to take Stalagmites). Granted, it's if you care to go for that, but IMO it's a nice idea for a Stormy who often draws lots of aggro, to have mez protection if possible.

51 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Why no Stalagmites? It's a major power for Earth, and has access to a purple set.

The issue with Stalagmites is that you can't use it when Hovering ! I hate having a pick, not to mentioning significantly slotting it if I will never, ever press it.

You can't put that many slots into your last two powers, you'll have to reorder the power selections.

You can totally 6 slot your last 2 powers if you do it from the Respec window

Granted, it's if you care to go for that, but IMO it's a nice idea for a Stormy who often draws lots of aggro, to have mez protection if possible.

That's a good point, I'm trying to see how this slotting would work out, but I can't seem to make it work ! Yeah, I get the extra mez protection but my defenses take a nose dive while doing so, so I have a tough situation it seems. An extra mez protection clicky to get out of a jamb but I will get hit with more mezzes because my defence are a lot lower

Edited by Seigmoraig

1 hour ago, Seigmoraig said:

Heh, news to me. Thanks for the knowledge.

Yeah, I know, going for mez protection can hurt other defenses if the powers don't line up with the right set bonuses. Granted, with a good uptime on Indomitable Will, it's not unreasonable to rely on breakfrees just to fill in when necessary during the downtime.

7 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Granted, with a good uptime on Indomitable Will, it's not unreasonable to rely on breakfrees just to fill in when necessary during the downtime.

That's what I was thinking of doing ! It should be up pretty often, especially if I go with Agility in my Alpha slot

9 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

It takes an extremely high global recharge but it is possible to get to perma Indom Will on a controller (around 215% recharge) if I recall correctly.

My global recharge is nowhere near that level but I do have 5 Force Feedback +rech procs slotted. I'm not too worried about having it perma but it should be up often enough that a strategically placed Break Free here and there will get me through most situations

1 hour ago, Seigmoraig said:

My global recharge is nowhere near that level but I do have 5 Force Feedback +rech procs slotted. I'm not too worried about having it perma but it should be up often enough that a strategically placed Break Free here and there will get me through most situations

*Nod* and especially if combined with defense +/- mezzed foes should be plenty sufficient.  To get those levels of recharge does require pretty much emphasizing recharge over everything else, at least it did on a build for a Plant/Storm I put together back on Live for a friend.  

On 6/2/2020 at 5:31 AM, Seigmoraig said:

The issue with Stalagmites is that you can't use it when Hovering ! I hate having a pick, not to mentioning significantly slotting it if I will never, ever press it.

That's a good point, I'm trying to see how this slotting would work out, but I can't seem to make it work ! Yeah, I get the extra mez protection but my defenses take a nose dive while doing so, so I have a tough situation it seems. An extra mez protection clicky to get out of a jamb but I will get hit with more mezzes because my defence are a lot lower

So the respec window completely does away with what levels slots are now just limits them by total number? 

That is extremely interesting.

2 hours ago, Maxzero said:

So the respec window completely does away with what levels slots are now just limits them by total number? 

That is extremely interesting.

Yes exactly, you can place your first five slots in the last power you chose at 49. It's a bit misleading in Mids because you have to screw around with it a bit to be able to do it.

I asked the question on how to do it in mids here: