Maximum toxic damage character?

Menelruin

So, purely hypothetical situation:  Your friends want to take down a baddie that is 100% immune to all damage other than Toxic.  You've decided to create a DPS character for this.  What AT/powers do you go with for maximum toxic DPS, and why?  Spines?  Rad melee?  DP/Bio sentinel?  What's your combo, focusing ONLY on the Toxic component?

I think I'd go with DP/Plant Blaster. You get a good amount of Toxic damage via chemical rounds, and add more via Toxins.

However, that answers the question of "highest Toxic DPS"... if you really wanted to take down the AV, the real answer is Traps/DP (or DP/Traps), because if the AV is so resistant to damage, you have to approach it from the "shut off its Regen" side of DPS vs Regeneration. Traps will shut down the Regeneration, so even if DP does less toxic damage for Defenders than for Blasters, it's working against 0 HP/sec regeneration rather than 94 HP/sec regeneration at level 50.

• Like 1

Defender waving a the underpants of a villian; cause they have gotten the shit beat out of them.  Thats loaded with toxic damage.

Or a Sonic Blast forum troll.  We know how toxic those A-holes can be.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer