Tanks Better Than Brutes for Fsrming?

11Troy11

I've heard it said that tanks are better than brutes for farming now. The thought appeals to me because it seems a tank might be more forgiving of mistakes. Are tanks better than brutes now? If so, what power sets best take advantage of the changes?

Thanks

I had a Spines/Fire Brute and rolled up a Fire/Spines Tanker to see if it would be better.  Exact same build, exact same IO sets.  I decided that I liked the Brute better, because it seemed to kill faster than the Tanker.  So I've come to the conclusion that Brutes are better for "active" farming, while Tankers might be better for AFK farming.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

A tanker can be tougher than a Brute can, and its AOEs may be somewhat more effective (target caps) now, but (as I am exploring in another thread) - the Brute is tougher than the Tank is damaging, by which I mean that a brute built for survival will be about as tough as a tank built for damage... while doing more damage.

Thus, I believe that the Brute will remain a better farmer.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Unless you are AFK farming, specialty farming brutes are simply about 20-30% faster in the end, Sometimes more.

Afk Farming.... well... who cares if brutes or tankers are faster? Brutes are, but it doesn't really matter since you only check in occasionally, and both can LIVE through it and cause passive damage just fine. Functionally you may as well consider them the same speed, since those are the only two good afk farmers anyway.

On Farming TEAMS where you actively farm with multiple people and inspiration drops can become scarce, between 3-5 people tankers perform the same as brutes, while at 2 or less or 6 or more brutes BARELY edge out tankers... although tanker taunts can help the squishies survive better and potentially increase aoe dps.

I am kind of a huge farming fan, with lots of builds and a vested interest in measuring and tweaking their performance 😛

Edited by Frostweaver