Ice Mistral SF question - level locking?

Scientist

So a friend and I started duoing this at level 37, and were kind of annoyed that the mobs were 40, but figured that the "classic" TFs and SFs may have been set to not spawn at your level.  While running it, about half way in, we both dinged 38.  It is still locking us at 37, so we are kind of struggling against the AV in the last mission.  Any idea what is going on? 

Most TFs have a max level it will lock you at, like if my 50 runs a Posi 1 she will be 15 the whole time.  For the enemy level it looks at your difficulty level, if you have it set at +3 they will spawn that high above you.  Look at your mission window and it will tell you what your difficulty is, like +1 x4 No AVs or something like that.

57 minutes ago, Scientist said:

So a friend and I started duoing this at level 37, and were kind of annoyed that the mobs were 40, but figured that the "classic" TFs and SFs may have been set to not spawn at your level.  While running it, about half way in, we both dinged 38.  It is still locking us at 37, so we are kind of struggling against the AV in the last mission.  Any idea what is going on? 

Task forces will lock at the level you were when you started.

• Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

2 hours ago, macskull said:

Task forces will lock at the level you were when you started.

So they don't adjust to your actual level on each mission as you progress, like regular content, and they ALSO lock at max level for the SF?  We hadn't noticed that for TFs, but I don't know if we ran one underlevel.  Darn, guess we'll be stuck duoing a +3 AV with ambush spawns, those Succubi in the ambushes hit pretty hard. . . 😛

5 minutes ago, Scientist said:

So they don't adjust to your actual level on each mission as you progress, like regular content, and they ALSO lock at max level for the SF?  We hadn't noticed that for TFs, but I don't know if we ran one underlevel.  Darn, guess we'll be stuck duoing a +3 AV with ambush spawns, those Succubi in the ambushes hit pretty hard. . . 😛

"Signature" task/strike forces will always spawn enemies at the max level range of the task/strike force, regardless of the actual level of the team. Most task forces aren't classified this way, but every strike force is.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

3 hours ago, macskull said:

"Signature" task/strike forces will always spawn enemies at the max level range of the task/strike force, regardless of the actual level of the team. Most task forces aren't classified this way, but every strike force is.

Yes, that part we weren't as surprised by as it locking both of us at our starting level despite leveling up during the TF.  I thought in the old, long Positron days we had taken characters in below the max TF level, and leveled them during it, and had it get easier because we were allowed to increase during the TF.