The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Character Creation - not able to go back to Primary Power if accidentally skip

Rhinoxx

I have now experienced this twice, it seems rather odd. During character creation, where you are asked to choose a primary and secondary power, I experience that if I skip choosing the Primary Power (either by accident of not having fully selected a power or by just clicking on) and instead go to the Secondary Power and choose this, I cannot get back to choosing the Primary Power. It is also stated as an error message ("you need to choose a primary power to complete character creation") if I try to finish the toon and go to play.

Fortunately the process can be reset by going back and choosing a different Archetype but this seems odd and I have never encountered it before.

Yes I agree - should be able to and the tab with the primary power is glowing - but nothing happens when I click it.

Again, I can reset it by choosing a different AT but it just seems like a weird thing.

I've run into this too a couple times. I'm not sure what causes it, but at some point the primary power tab just stops responding to clicks.

"We're out of options, I'll have to use the jetpack," I said, strapping on the jetpack and ignoring the many non-jetpack options still left.

Having trouble deciding your next alt? Just need a cool name? Try out City Suggests

Looking for powers data? Try the Powers API

Tried this out just now. It seems like the area immediately around the words in those tabs work if clicked, but the area under the 'starburst' icons do not.

In this screenshot I have placed yellow boxes around the areas that can't be clicked to switch between tabs.

5kIe6Xx.jpg

Is this what y'all are encountering?

Yes I was about to say if you try to go back it will be flaky but if you click on the words Primary Powers or Secondary Powers you can toggle between those 2 choices under Powers.

Also, if you want to skip picking playstyle and directly select Archetype you can do that.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Tried this out just now. It seems like the area immediately around the words in those tabs work if clicked, but the area under the 'starburst' icons do not.

In this screenshot I have placed yellow boxes around the areas that can't be clicked to switch between tabs.

Is this what y'all are encountering?

This is it - I have mucked around a bit with it - it seems like I need to place the mouse very very VERY precisely on just the area around the letters - I suspect something is not entirely aligned with the active area that has been defined for clicking.