Claw stalker secondary, Regen versus Invulnerability?

Henchman 21

Returning player, but during the games initial run I had barely scratched the surface of the innumerable options, power sets, archtypes, and the ways these variables interact.  I'm making a claw stalker.  Both regen and invulnerability fit the concept.  Which is better, or more to the point, is either one a really bad idea?

Had a Claws/regen scrapper at 50. It is a very active build since /regen doesn't offer any real mitigation outside of healing/regen.  I played a bunch of Kin as well and both combos are very click happy but that worked for me. Others might not want something which can and will go from everything is fine to "Uh oh" in a heartbeat. I did reroll with Homecoming to /wp brute just so I can focus more on using attacks and less panic button pushing. The good news is /regen benefits from IOs when you can add in resists and defense which will make life even better. So, it isn't a playstyle for everyone, but it was a fun ride for me.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Had a Claws/regen scrapper at 50. It is a very active build since /regen doesn't offer any real mitigation outside of healing/regen.  I played a bunch of Kin as well and both combos are very click happy but that worked for me. Others might not want something which can and will go from everything is fine to "Uh oh" in a heartbeat. I did reroll with Homecoming to /wp brute just so I can focus more on using attacks and less panic button pushing. The good news is /regen benefits from IOs when you can add in resists and defense which will make life even better. So, it isn't a playstyle for everyone, but it was a fun ride for me.

Good point, Invuln will also be much less "clicky" which will appeal to many, plus can soft cap def to everyting except Psi, and will Max out S/L resists.

• 1 month later

Stalker Invuln is quite nice because the +Def/ToHit toggle gives you the max benefit that Brutes/Scrappers would get if they had 10 targets, without needing anyone next to you.  I'm running around as a savage/invuln Stalker in their 40's right now, and my Defenses are at about 36% and almost capped resists, simply using normal IO's and the usual suite of the +def/+resist Uniques.  Depending on the mob make-up and levels, I have no issue simply jumping into a mob and starting things off rather than waiting for a main-tank to do it, and generally come out unscathed.  Dull-Pain helps a bunch, too.

Stalker Invuln is the best designed version of Invuln, IMHO.  Merging  Rele and Rnrg and making Invincibility a flat buff puts some wind back in the sails of whats otherwise a kinda flagging I0 set.  Ive got a Kinetic/Invuln Stalker thats a reroll of a live Invuln/EM tank, and Im quite happy with her.

Regen remains regen.  Placate might serve it well.  Ive not looked closely at Stalker Regen to see what changes.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute