Infinitum Build Collection

Infinitum

1 hour ago, Ilaria said:

Thanks for updating all the Tanker Builds.

I have a Tank Shield Defense / Energy Melee that was based on Captain Starburst that I shelved and now getting back to working on.  This thread is long and I've lost track of Captain Starburst's build.  I know you mentioned that some of the builds were renamed.  Is Magnus Invictus SD/EN the old Captain Starburst?

Thanks again for the great help with my tanks.

Yep. Captain Starburst still exists also. It's my 16 year Olds go to tanker.   

My version is Magnus Invictus - you are correct. They are basically the same build so I consolidated. 

And you are more than welcome. If you ever need help ease ask.  

Hi Infinitum! I'm new to CoH (well, I played for a bit in 2006, but that was forever ago) and have been enjoying Tankers and Defenders since picking the game up.

Can you point me towards something that explains how to build characters? I'd love an overview of how to pick IO sets, general concepts that are important to Tankers (and possibly Defenders), etc.

In other words, I see you giving a lot of people builds, which is fine for the vast majority of people, but I would prefer to learn how to fish instead of just being given the fish, if you know what I mean.

I'm sure all this information is out there, but because I'm not overly familiar with game terminology and resources, I'd don't even know what to search for; blindly browsing forums is not being very helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

Hi Infinitum! I'm new to CoH (well, I played for a bit in 2006, but that was forever ago) and have been enjoying Tankers and Defenders since picking the game up.

Can you point me towards something that explains how to build characters? I'd love an overview of how to pick IO sets, general concepts that are important to Tankers (and possibly Defenders), etc.

In other words, I see you giving a lot of people builds, which is fine for the vast majority of people, but I would prefer to learn how to fish instead of just being given the fish, if you know what I mean.

I'm sure all this information is out there, but because I'm not overly familiar with game terminology and resources, I'd don't even know what to search for; blindly browsing forums is not being very helpful.

I love the learn to fish comment. I am big on that.   That's why I never advocate my builds as the destination for anyone seeking help - because what is great for me- may not be as useful to someone Else, but get them in the right neighborhood of what they want to do and then tailor the build to their needs. 

First question. Do you have Mids Hero Designer? 

Just now, Infinitum said:

I love the learn to fish comment. I am big on that.   That's why I never advocate my builds as the destination for anyone seeking help - because what is great for me- may not be as useful to someone Else, but get them in the right neighborhood of what they want to do and then tailor the build to their needs. 

First question. Do you have Mids Hero Designer? 

I do! It's... overwhelming.

I understand the very basics of game mechanics: Resistance vs. Defense, defense caps, crowd control MAG defense vs. CC resistance, healing vs. shielding, etc. A lot of that stuff makes sense to me because I've played other MMOs.

But where my noodle gets baked is in the SHEER NUMBER of IO sets and how they interact. Also, I know for some ATs cooldown reduction is more important than raw numbers because of how they function. I don't know how to deal with powers that have massive "crashes", how to patch "holes" in sets that don't have good DDR or don't provide any Psi defense, as an example.

I also know that you can just slap every IO set into any power; the power has to be able to "accept" the set, so sometimes you need "mule" powers, which means you have to sacrifice powers from your main ATs to pick up pool powers...

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I do! It's... overwhelming.

I understand the very basics of game mechanics: Resistance vs. Defense, defense caps, crowd control MAG defense vs. CC resistance, healing vs. shielding, etc. A lot of that stuff makes sense to me because I've played other MMOs.

But where my noodle gets baked is in the SHEER NUMBER of IO sets and how they interact. Also, I know for some ATs cooldown reduction is more important than raw numbers because of how they function. I don't know how to deal with powers that have massive "crashes", how to patch "holes" in sets that don't have good DDR or don't provide any Psi defense, as an example.

I also know that you can just slap every IO set into any power; the power has to be able to "accept" the set, so sometimes you need "mule" powers, which means you have to sacrifice powers from your main ATs to pick up pool powers...

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

It can be overwhelming. And honestly where I would start is here. 

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Main_Page

Talking just tankers here 

First step is to know your character - is it res based, is it defense based, is it a hybrid.  Knowing that will tell you if building for defense will be useful - or if you need to trade some res for Def or vice versa. 

Second  step is to set a goal - what do you want to be able to do with the character? 

Put that on notepad to refer back to as you plan. 

Lastly you will have to study what the armor set in your build does - it's effects etc. 

Then I would repeat all of the above for your secondary. Your attack set. 

Once you have your brain wrapped around what your character is capable of. Start studying homecoming wiki link above for applicable sets/set bonuses to see which ones are applicable for your build. 

Eventually you will start being able to use mids exclusively because powers will overlap more often with sets and you will start to learn them and what to look for. 

This is how I started - because it is a ton of information - give it about a month and you will start to gain confidence. 

Lastly roll your builds up on test server - because everything is free and see ultimately how your build performs. 

If this answer is confusing please allow me to clear up any foggy spots. I am here for ya. 👍

Edited by Infinitum

12 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

It can be overwhelming. And honestly where I would start is here. 

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Main_Page

Talking just tankers here 

First step is to know your character - is it res based, is it defense based, is it a hybrid.  Knowing that will tell you if building for defense will be useful - or if you need to trade some res for Def or vice versa. 

Second  step is to set a goal - what do you want to be able to do with the character? 

Put that on notepad to refer back to as you plan. 

Lastly you will have to study what the armor set in your build does - it's effects etc. 

Then I would repeat all of the above for your secondary. Your attack set. 

Once you have your brain wrapped around what your character is capable of. Start studying homecoming wiki link above for applicable sets/set bonuses to see which ones are applicable for your build. 

Eventually you will start being able to use mids exclusively because powers will overlap more often with sets and you will start to learn them and what to look for. 

This is how I started - because it is a ton of information - give it about a month and you will start to gain confidence. 

Lastly roll your builds up on test server - because everything is free and see ultimately how your build performs. 

If this answer is confusing please allow me to clear up any foggy spots. I am here for ya. 👍

Alright, perhaps you can get me started based on this use case:

I would like to tank for a small group -- between 1 to 3 other people depending on who is available to get on and play on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I would like to do more than just stand there and get punched in the face, but it doesn't necessarily have to be all damage; I want to help my friends feel powerful by protecting their characters and providing them with buffs or debuffing enemies while they drop the enemies. We aren't looking to run +4/x8 (did I get that right?) or anything nuts like that, just strikes and task forces and participate in events.

So here's the challenge: I'll be tanking content for 4 people (maybe more) but I can't really count on my friends to "support" me as they aren't... amazing at the game yet -- and may never be as they aren't hardcore players. They just want to have fun, and I want to enable that for them while learning how to build characters so I can personally run pinnacle content one day.

21 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Alright, perhaps you can get me started based on this use case:

I would like to tank for a small group -- between 1 to 3 other people depending on who is available to get on and play on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I would like to do more than just stand there and get punched in the face, but it doesn't necessarily have to be all damage; I want to help my friends feel powerful by protecting their characters and providing them with buffs or debuffing enemies while they drop the enemies. We aren't looking to run +4/x8 (did I get that right?) or anything nuts like that, just strikes and task forces and participate in events.

So here's the challenge: I'll be tanking content for 4 people (maybe more) but I can't really count on my friends to "support" me as they aren't... amazing at the game yet -- and may never be as they aren't hardcore players. They just want to have fun, and I want to enable that for them while learning how to build characters so I can personally run pinnacle content one day.

What is your influence situation currently? 

And

Do you have any builds picked out? 

1 hour ago, Infinitum said:

What is your influence situation currently? 

And

Do you have any builds picked out? 

I have about 50 million from the recent event (I leveled a Peacebringer and a Warshade and got their Incarnates fully unlocked). I'm really new; I started playing about two months ago, and seriously only a month ago. I'll be honest: I have no interest in "fire farming" or anything else that is similar; I'd prefer to play the game itself to earn influence, as opposed to jumping in an Architect mission designed to simply feed my character experience and Inf while I watch Netflix.

I don't favor any particular sets, but I think I'd enjoy a more active defense set. I know some of the defense sets are rather "set it and forget it" with a few emergency buttons (like Invul), but I think something like Bio Armor or Radiation would feel better to me, especially since it has some debuffs.

I know there are also sets that let you directly protect your teammates, like Shield Defense, which seems pretty attractive to me. I just don't know how useful it would be since my friends tend to play ranged characters almost exclusively.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have about 50 million from the recent event (I leveled a Peacebringer and a Warshade and got their Incarnates fully unlocked).

So what I would suggest is start with common IOs. 

I'd prefer to play the game itself to earn influence, as

I think that's awesome. And there are plenty of ways to do that I will detail in a moment. 

I don't favor any particular sets, but I think I'd enjoy a more active defense set. I know some of the defense sets are rather "set it and forget it" with a few emergency buttons (like Invul), but I think something like Bio Armor or Radiation would feel better to me, especially since it has some debuffs.

I would probably advise against this for a few reasons.  The most important is so you and fill the tanker role for your team without having to worry about active mitigation.  The most important thing you can do for your team as a tanker is survive and keep attacking.  You will pull attention of spawns for a team of 4 fairly easily. 

The second reason is it would be more expensive and you would have to tap into a lot more influence to make an active mitigation set function vs a passive mitigation set like SR or Shield which is what I would highly recommend for your starter tanker.   As a tanker I wouldn't worry about debuffing for your starter.  The best weapon a tanker will always have is to make the enemy extremely angry at them and them alone and then kill it either by team or attrition. 

With SR and shield you will be able to unlock a lot of their potential with just common IOs and be able to protect your team by just target selection and attacking.   This will give you a chance to take part in any tf in the game without investing in any set bonuses until you can buy some nice expensive ones with reward merits or any influence you gain by running the task forces.   As you progress and continue adding sets to increase your power you will be able to run more extreme content, gain confidence and a greater understanding of the games mechanics, and then be able to run a more active based character with the influence or reward merits to piece sets together for it from the word - go. 

So what I would suggest is start with common IOs. 

I think that's awesome. And there are plenty of ways to do that I will detail in a moment. 

I would probably advise against this for a few reasons.  The most important is so you and fill the tanker role for your team without having to worry about active mitigation.  The most important thing you can do for your team as a tanker is survive and keep attacking.  You will pull attention of spawns for a team of 4 fairly easily. 

The second reason is it would be more expensive and you would have to tap into a lot more influence to make an active mitigation set function vs a passive mitigation set like SR or Shield which is what I would highly recommend for your starter tanker.   As a tanker I wouldn't worry about debuffing for your starter.  The best weapon a tanker will always have is to make the enemy extremely angry at them and them alone and then kill it either by team or attrition. 

With SR and shield you will be able to unlock a lot of their potential with just common IOs and be able to protect your team by just target selection and attacking.   This will give you a chance to take part in any tf in the game without investing in any set bonuses until you can buy some nice expensive ones with reward merits or any influence you gain by running the task forces.   As you progress and continue adding sets to increase your power you will be able to run more extreme content, gain confidence and a greater understanding of the games mechanics, and then be able to run a more active based character with the influence or reward merits to piece sets together for it from the word - go. 

Okay, I got home from work and benchmarked a few tanker set combinations that appealed to me entirely off of looks using SR or Shield and I gotta say that -- while I recognize that it's probably pretty cliche -- Sword Defense and Broadsword is what I would like to do if you think it's a good pairing for a beginner. The Broadsword set looks pretty easy to understand (I'm not 100% sure how Parry works, in that I don't know if multiple applications stack), as it seems to have a lot of super-basic attacks that debuff enemy defense, making it easier for my friends to hit their targets even in their non-optimized builds.

I like that the Shield Defense "ultimate" doesn't have a massive crash like some of the other sets; it just looks like a really solid emergency button with the downside of losing Endurance at the end of it. I know that I need to be careful when it's ending or I can end up dropping my toggles, but that seems easier to deal with than, say, the crash from Invul.

I hope I'm thinking about this all the right way, in that I'm trying to pick some pretty basic sets so I can focus on leading the group. I can work up to more advanced active sets later, like you suggest.

So... presuming I'm heading in the right direction, what is the right way to go about planning a build from the very first level? I know very likely need to get every power in Shield Defense, but I'm thinking I don't need every attack in Broadsword -- except I don't know what separated a "good attack" from a "bad attack".

58 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Okay, I got home from work and benchmarked a few tanker set combinations that appealed to me entirely off of looks using SR or Shield and I gotta say that -- while I recognize that it's probably pretty cliche -- Sword Defense and Broadsword is what I would like to do if you think it's a good pairing for a beginner. The Broadsword set looks pretty easy to understand (I'm not 100% sure how Parry works, in that I don't know if multiple applications stack), as it seems to have a lot of super-basic attacks that debuff enemy defense, making it easier for my friends to hit their targets even in their non-optimized builds.

I like that the Shield Defense "ultimate" doesn't have a massive crash like some of the other sets; it just looks like a really solid emergency button with the downside of losing Endurance at the end of it. I know that I need to be careful when it's ending or I can end up dropping my toggles, but that seems easier to deal with than, say, the crash from Invul.

I hope I'm thinking about this all the right way, in that I'm trying to pick some pretty basic sets so I can focus on leading the group. I can work up to more advanced active sets later, like you suggest.

So... presuming I'm heading in the right direction, what is the right way to go about planning a build from the very first level? I know very likely need to get every power in Shield Defense, but I'm thinking I don't need every attack in Broadsword -- except I don't know what separated a "good attack" from a "bad attack".

Give me till tomorrow night around this time - I want to compare a few options for you and then put together the best leveling build that will be future proof also.  

Give me till tomorrow night around this time - I want to compare a few options for you and then put together the best leveling build that will be future proof also.  

I appreciate the assistance, but don't give me all the answers. Perhaps point me in the right direction of sets to consider, or show me how to identify gaps in the power sets that I need to search out ways to fill.

Worth noting: I have basically no idea how to make use of pool powers, including epic pools, on a tanker. I don't know if it's worth it to grab things like Combat Jumping/Hover/Tough/Weave or if I should pick up Leadership since I will be in a party much of the time or what!

20 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I appreciate the assistance, but don't give me all the answers. Perhaps point me in the right direction of sets to consider, or show me how to identify gaps in the power sets that I need to search out ways to fill.

I'm not going to give you all the answers. Just think of what I am going to give you as a paint by numbers build only you get to choose your colors.   

There's no mystery to common IOs but will at least let's you break out and fill in the build with sets that will meet your needs. 

There is not really any other way to teach you but this will get you off on training wheels. 

From the basic build - you can also experiment with different travel and pool powers and make it your own. 

Like I said give me a day. I need to think about what to put together that will get you started and allow you to explore. 

13 hours ago, Infinitum said:

I'm not going to give you all the answers. Just think of what I am going to give you as a paint by numbers build only you get to choose your colors.   

There's no mystery to common IOs but will at least let's you break out and fill in the build with sets that will meet your needs. 

There is not really any other way to teach you but this will get you off on training wheels. 

From the basic build - you can also experiment with different travel and pool powers and make it your own. 

Like I said give me a day. I need to think about what to put together that will get you started and allow you to explore. 

Hey, you take all the time you need! I'm the one asking for help, and I'm more than grateful for the assistance that you have already provided.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Hey, you take all the time you need! I'm the one asking for help, and I'm more than grateful for the assistance that you have already provided.

Ok so here is a build I want you to try - It will probably exhaust your 50 Million, but will also in turn allow you to regain it pretty fast.   One thing to note - I suggest buying all enh as attuned enhancements - allowing them not to wane in power as you level - I have never had any issues with Attuned Enh not being powerful enough at max level.

The reason it took me so long to put this together - was because its been a long while since I have built for basics.  Before the invention system though - this is what we all knew.

Now, this build has some uniques in it that will help - the uniques give great stats and should be the building block for you to dive further into the invention system.

With this build there are 3 defensive stats you need to be concerned with.

1. Melee Defense - punching, kicking, clawing, stabbing, slashing.

2. Ranged Defense - shooting, throwing, blasting

3. AOE Defense - whirling flailing attack, big explosions etc

That is what Shield does best is softcap those three stats fairly easily - you had mentioned teaming with other people and playing with spawn size 4.  So what I did was toggle Phalanx Fighting to take into account you being near at least one other player at any time - this softcaps your positional defense - anything more is pure gravy.  Anything less and you are probably still ok but slightly below the defense softcap - which is 45.  With Incarnate content the softcap is around 60 -but you can worry about that as you gain experience with normal content.  I also toggled Against all odds to be encountering at least 4 enemy at any given time - I believe that is realistic for how you said you wanted to play - this stat boosts your damage.

This build has no incarnates selected, but what you can do as you get to that is keep checking back in here for advice and we will work on your incarnates together as it becomes more of a priority - but don't worry with that until the time comes.

Shield is what I consider a Hybrid set - the reason is - if you notice the defensive stats on this build - it also had decent resistances - I was able to cap the smashing lethal which is the most important damage type to mitigate - the resistance cap is 90 for every type.  I got the rest to around 59% with one stack of might of the tanker.

What is might of the tanker - well that is the ATO unique that is in Hack - the reason it is in Hack is because you are likely to have two stacks of it running at any given time - and what that means is 6% res for each stack for every Res category.

Also notice Combat Jumping - my go to slot for it is to mule the Reactive Defenses scaling res unique - what it does is as your health dips it give a bonus to resistances - combat jumping also gives you maneuverability - its a great power to take.

Notice One with the Shield - it is a great T9 oh crap power - one of the better ones, but its also a great mule for the two Uniques that give you 3% defense each. - eventually you can fill that third slot in with another unique of your choosing - whatever you think works best for your build.

Notice Health and Stamina - those I used needed healing/endurance uniques that benefit shields slight tendency to be an end hog.

Lastly Notice build up - it has the gaussian proc - which give a chance for an extra dose of build up plus a to hit/recharge gaussian also because they aren't terribly expensive.

For the Attacks - these you will want to explore sets that will fit in each one that will boost your resistances - defenses or do other cool procs like extra damage, healing or endurance, or even holds and debuffs to the enemy - but look at adding these as you gain more influence after this initial build.

For the basics I added mainly 2 attack, 2 accuracy, 1 end, and 1 recharge for each attack aside from Shield Charge - i went two recharge on it to try to get it ready asap each cycle.

With Parry the more you use it the more it boosts melee defense.

I would encourage you to start with this build - and get a feel for it, but in between playing - explore other epic sets and pool sets that might interest you - there is no right or wrong choice - because you can always respec out of something you don't like.  Also play around with the invention sets in each attack - watch what each one does to your overall defensive stats as you input different sets - figure out where you need it to be and what sets or balance of sets can get you there - keep in mind you can only utilize one bonus up to 5 times, uniques only once - aside from Luck of the Gambler unique.

Hope you enjoy, play around with it and come back with any questions and we will go from there.

Tanker (Shield Defense - Broad Sword).mbd

Edited by Infinitum

4 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Ok so here is a build I want you to try - It will probably exhaust your 50 Million, but will also in turn allow you to regain it pretty fast.   One thing to note - I suggest buying all enh as attuned enhancements - allowing them not to wane in power as you level - I have never had any issues with Attuned Enh not being powerful enough at max level.

The reason it took me so long to put this together - was because its been a long while since I have built for basics.  Before the invention system though - this is what we all knew.

Now, this build has some uniques in it that will help - the uniques give great stats and should be the building block for you to dive further into the invention system.

With this build there are 3 defensive stats you need to be concerned with.

1. Melee Defense - punching, kicking, clawing, stabbing, slashing.

2. Ranged Defense - shooting, throwing, blasting

3. AOE Defense - whirling flailing attack, big explosions etc

That is what Shield does best is softcap those three stats fairly easily - you had mentioned teaming with other people and playing with spawn size 4.  So what I did was toggle Phalanx Fighting to take into account you being near at least one other player at any time - this softcaps your positional defense - anything more is pure gravy.  Anything less and you are probably still ok but slightly below the defense softcap - which is 45.  With Incarnate content the softcap is around 60 -but you can worry about that as you gain experience with normal content.  I also toggled Against all odds to be encountering at least 4 enemy at any given time - I believe that is realistic for how you said you wanted to play - this stat boosts your damage.

This build has no incarnates selected, but what you can do as you get to that is keep checking back in here for advice and we will work on your incarnates together as it becomes more of a priority - but don't worry with that until the time comes.

Shield is what I consider a Hybrid set - the reason is - if you notice the defensive stats on this build - it also had decent resistances - I was able to cap the smashing lethal which is the most important damage type to mitigate - the resistance cap is 90 for every type.  I got the rest to around 59% with one stack of might of the tanker.

What is might of the tanker - well that is the ATO unique that is in Hack - the reason it is in Hack is because you are likely to have two stacks of it running at any given time - and what that means is 6% res for each stack for every Res category.

Also notice Combat Jumping - my go to slot for it is to mule the Reactive Defenses scaling res unique - what it does is as your health dips it give a bonus to resistances - combat jumping also gives you maneuverability - its a great power to take.

Notice One with the Shield - it is a great T9 oh crap power - one of the better ones, but its also a great mule for the two Uniques that give you 3% defense each. - eventually you can fill that third slot in with another unique of your choosing - whatever you think works best for your build.

Notice Health and Stamina - those I used needed healing/endurance uniques that benefit shields slight tendency to be an end hog.

Lastly Notice build up - it has the gaussian proc - which give a chance for an extra dose of build up plus a to hit/recharge gaussian also because they aren't terribly expensive.

For the Attacks - these you will want to explore sets that will fit in each one that will boost your resistances - defenses or do other cool procs like extra damage, healing or endurance, or even holds and debuffs to the enemy - but look at adding these as you gain more influence after this initial build.

For the basics I added mainly 2 attack, 2 accuracy, 1 end, and 1 recharge for each attack aside from Shield Charge - i went two recharge on it to try to get it ready asap each cycle.

With Parry the more you use it the more it boosts melee defense.

I would encourage you to start with this build - and get a feel for it, but in between playing - explore other epic sets and pool sets that might interest you - there is no right or wrong choice - because you can always respec out of something you don't like.  Also play around with the invention sets in each attack - watch what each one does to your overall defensive stats as you input different sets - figure out where you need it to be and what sets or balance of sets can get you there - keep in mind you can only utilize one bonus up to 5 times, uniques only once - aside from Luck of the Gambler unique.

Hope you enjoy, play around with it and come back with any questions and we will go from there.

Tanker (Shield Defense - Broad Sword).mbd 41.66 kB · 1 download

Thank you for writing this up for me! I really appreciate it. I have a few questions as I get started:

I see that you didn't take taunt. Is that typical for Tankers? I don't honestly know if taunting is even important.

Do I need to have Fly as a travel power? My concept was a "Natural" origin -- just a grizzled old soldier Legionnaire from ancient times thrown through a time warp into the modern era. So he would have Super Speed, and Combat Jumping makes sense (I know it's not really a "travel power", but still...), but him flying feels a bit... off to me.

When should I use Parry if my Melee positional defense is softcapped? Does going over the softcap help in some way?

Finally... can you possibly explain "Attuned Enhancements" to me like I'm 5 years old? Or your grandfather? I Googled it, read explanations on both the Homecoming forums AND Reddit, and I swear that I'm more confused than I was when I started.

I started leveling the character tonight, but didn't have much time so I only got to level 4. I'm going to run some DFB with my friends this weekend.

17 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Thank you for writing this up for me! I really appreciate it. I have a few questions as I get started:

I see that you didn't take taunt. Is that typical for Tankers? I don't honestly know if taunting is even important.

Do I need to have Fly as a travel power? My concept was a "Natural" origin -- just a grizzled old soldier Legionnaire from ancient times thrown through a time warp into the modern era. So he would have Super Speed, and Combat Jumping makes sense (I know it's not really a "travel power", but still...), but him flying feels a bit... off to me.

When should I use Parry if my Melee positional defense is softcapped? Does going over the softcap help in some way?

Finally... can you possibly explain "Attuned Enhancements" to me like I'm 5 years old? Or your grandfather? I Googled it, read explanations on both the Homecoming forums AND Reddit, and I swear that I'm more confused than I was when I started.

I started leveling the character tonight, but didn't have much time so I only got to level 4. I'm going to run some DFB with my friends this weekend.

I haven't forgot about you, today has been a hectic day - I got a call at lunch today that my Son had broken his arm at school so we spent the afternoon in the ER - broke both forearm bones right at the elbow.  Luckily it looks like it wont require surgery - but we will know more next week when he visits the orthopedic Dr.

I will answer this as soon as I can shake the crazy out of my brain from today.  :-D

53 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

I haven't forgot about you, today has been a hectic day - I got a call at lunch today that my Son had broken his arm at school so we spent the afternoon in the ER - broke both forearm bones right at the elbow.  Luckily it looks like it wont require surgery - but we will know more next week when he visits the orthopedic Dr.

I will answer this as soon as I can shake the crazy out of my brain from today.  😄

C'mon man!  Bros before fingers and toes!

Or something like that.

Well, you tried.  Not your fault you birthed a Brute!

😃

• Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

13 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

C'mon man!  Bros before fingers and toes!

Or something like that.

Well, you tried.  Not your fault you birthed a Brute!

😃

I think it's more a nemesis plot lately.  lol Been one thing after another.

I will answer this as soon as I can shake the crazy out of my brain from today.  😄

Yikes! I hope that you son had a speedy recovery. Children are surprisingly resilient, unlike old people like me.

There's no rush on anything. I'm just enjoying playing the tank casually. I also started up a few alts to get a "feel" for how some of the other sets work: a Dual Blades / Bio, an Invul / Martial Arts, a Super Reflexes / Katana, and a Radiation / Super Strength. I'm casually playing these to about level 20 while waiting for my friends because I don't want the "main"t to get ahead of them. I'm just slotting vendor SOs in the alts for now, as it's basically free to do so.

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Yikes! I hope that you son had a speedy recovery. Children are surprisingly resilient, unlike old people like me.

There's no rush on anything. I'm just enjoying playing the tank casually. I also started up a few alts to get a "feel" for how some of the other sets work: a Dual Blades / Bio, an Invul / Martial Arts, a Super Reflexes / Katana, and a Radiation / Super Strength. I'm casually playing these to about level 20 while waiting for my friends because I don't want the "main"t to get ahead of them. I'm just slotting vendor SOs in the alts for now, as it's basically free to do so.

All very good choices. 

Hello Infinitum.

Thanks for your SR/DM Tank build.

It' s a little off topic but is it some post like yours, Infinitum, to build a brute and trying to go near the tank caps ?

12 minutes ago, elfeanor said:

Hello Infinitum.

Thanks for your SR/DM Tank build.

It' s a little off topic but is it some post like yours, Infinitum, to build a brute and trying to go near the tank caps ?

Yeah I can do that for ya. 😉. Give me a few days - been hectic the last few days. My oldest son is going to Houston for the FIRST Robotics world Championships Monday.  My youngest broke his arm yesterday and I really thought my elderly dog wasn't going to wake up today. Hell all that's almost like a country song. lol

I got ya though. 😁

4 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Yeah I can do that for ya. 😉. Give me a few days - been hectic the last few days. My oldest son is going to Houston for the FIRST Robotics world Championships Monday.  My youngest broke his arm yesterday and I really thought my elderly dog wasn't going to wake up today. Hell all that's almost like a country song. lol

I got ya though. 😁

Sorry for your yougest son and your dog. Gratz for the participation of your oldest son.

I guess (as Tiresias said for him) i really should trying to train me to use Mid's Reborn to find set i need to improve my toons (cause of course that is true for any toon i build).

Bonuses sets are not so easy to choose and also it can be useful to think of procs for the low damages power with big cooldown. 

Thanks anyway.

I already have 2 regen brutes as i said to you (i wanted help for the Ice Melee one) but i guess i will make more brutes cause i am tired to be so weak (damages speaking) against Elite Boss or AV with my tanks (only one lvl 50 , Stone/spines)

• Thumbs Up 1