Infinitum Build Collection

Infinitum

8 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Try this one Me Lady of the Heroic banner.

This one gives you

66.7 Melee

68.5 AOE

57.3 Ranged

that's with no friendly's counting towards your defense with Phalanx fighting on - if you have just one friendly in range to kick Phalanx fighting on - you will be at 

71.8 Melee

73.7 AOE

62.4 Ranged

With Defense numbers like that combined with nearly perma 2 stacked Active Defense - that defense will be hard to break - and even if you break a little the resistances below will carry you through.

Resistances - this one with just one stack of Might of the Tanker running - you should be able to hit 2 usually with that proc in Greater Fire Sword - puts you at

79.9 s/l

62.3 En/Neg

62.3 F/c

61.6 Tox

61 Psi

If you have 2 stacks of Might of the Tanker running you are at

85.9 s/l

68.3 En/Neg

68.3 F/c

67.6 Tox

67 Psi

If you run One with the Shield/1 Stack of Might of the tanker you are at

90+ s/l

79.3 En/Neg

79.3 F/c

78.5 Tox

61 Psi

You could also run One with the Shield in Rotation with Melee Core and achieve the above on a near permanent basis.

One Caveat to this build - I didn't have enough room for a Travel power - because I really really wanted it to have Fireball - however if no travel power is a deal breaker - swap out fireball for Super Jump or Super Speed - but it is worth noting - the combination of Athletic run and Sprint - is a very good minor travel power in terms of run speed and jump height.  I use that combo solely on a few of mine.

For Incarnates I went Agility Core for the added defense and endurance mod - you could also go Cardiac core here for resistance/end - however I believe Shield is benefitted more in this case with Agility - but you could do it either way there.

For your Destiny - I would go Ageless Core here - because you don't really need added DDR but the endurance gain from Ageless Core would benefit this build more.

For Hybrid - you could go melee core or assault radial - or even both and swap them out as needed.

I hope you enjoy this, if you have any questions please let me know.  Build is attached below.

Tanker (Shield Defense - Fiery Melee).mbd 45.35 kB · 4 downloads

Thank you so very much for this Sir Infinitum:) The advice is much appreciated, I love the build and will respec her asap!

Edited by HeroicLady
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Stuff like Invuln is for lazy people like us who like low maintenance builds.
Shield requires a bit more in the way of active management.

How?  Active Defense?   Set it to auto - it's going to double stack - Ron Popeil that sucker.  🤣

The rest of Shield just runs on a toggle.  

39 minutes ago, HeroicLady said:

Thank you so very much for this Sir Infinitum:) The advice is much appreciated, I love the build and will respec her asap!

You are welcome. I hope you get lots of fun times from it.  😉

Because most of the "Sword" powers are generally noticeably slower, thus lower DPA.

Granted, this isn't terribly important, when you're capped Defense and capped Resist.

I presume this refers to Fire melee still? The sword attacks aren't slower anymore they have been sped up considerably.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gobbledigook said:

I presume this refers to Fire melee still? The sword attacks aren't slower anymore they have been sped up considerably.

GFS is actually one of the best now.

Fire is now the hot rod it was always supposed to be. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Fire is now the hot rod it was always supposed to be. 

Dang yes it is. I made a Shield/Fire/Dark to play around with new Fire Melee and Tar Patch, and it plays like a hybrid Battlecruiser/ Monster Truck, just smashing into groups.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/22/2024 at 2:37 AM, Infinitum said:

It only gets better with agro management the higher you level - so if you are managing without it there you probably won't ever need it. 

Hey again, Infinitum! You helped me with a Shield/Sword build last week, and I've been playing it with my friends recently and have gotten the most insane complaint from them about it:

They feel like I'm making the content too easy.

I'm not even joking about it. The Defender says that I never need any healing and he's not sure if his debuffs are doing anything of material important (he's playing Drk/Ice). The Dominator says that it doesn't matter if she CCs any enemies because they don't do any damage either me or anyone else. The only person who seems to be having any fun is the Elec/Elec Blaster who can run around with impunity and blow everything up.

Do you have any suggestions on what I can tell them to do in this situation? I don't want to make the build worse just because, and I have a feeling that things will change once we get to level 40+ (we are in the mid-30s now). What is the best thing a Defender and Dominator can do in a party with a self-sufficient tank that doesn't really need any external support and that has a "blapper" running around annihilating everything in a couple of hits? Are there any skills the Def and Dom should at least be practicing for harder content while things are pretty safe now? What do YOU, as an experienced tank, like to see a Def or Dom doing in tougher content?

I'd just like to find a way to make things fun for them before they ask me to reroll to a Scrapper!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

That's mission accomplished - tell them to enjoy the free XP. lol. Kidding. 

All joking aside. What difficulty level are you playing at? 

17 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Hey again, Infinitum! You helped me with a Shield/Sword build last week, and I've been playing it with my friends recently and have gotten the most insane complaint from them about it:

I'm not even joking about it. The Defender says that I never need any healing and he's not sure if his debuffs are doing anything of material important (he's playing Drk/Ice). The Dominator says that it doesn't matter if she CCs any enemies because they don't do any damage either me or anyone else. The only person who seems to be having any fun is the Elec/Elec Blaster who can run around with impunity and blow everything up.

Do you have any suggestions on what I can tell them to do in this situation? I don't want to make the build worse just because, and I have a feeling that things will change once we get to level 40+ (we are in the mid-30s now). What is the best thing a Defender and Dominator can do in a party with a self-sufficient tank that doesn't really need any external support and that has a "blapper" running around annihilating everything in a couple of hits? Are there any skills the Def and Dom should at least be practicing for harder content while things are pretty safe now? What do YOU, as an experienced tank, like to see a Def or Dom doing in tougher content?

I'd just like to find a way to make things fun for them before they ask me to reroll to a Scrapper!

I have the perfect suggestion!

Pull bigger mobs!

Seriously! Once the Dominator has everything locked down, run ahead and pull more mobs to the skirmish! Attempt to overwhelm your team at every opportunity! Promote yourself from a Tanker to an Agent of Chaos!

• Haha 2

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

1 hour ago, Infinitum said:

That's mission accomplished - tell them to enjoy the free XP. lol. Kidding. 

All joking aside. What difficulty level are you playing at? 

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "difficulty level". The missions aren't offering us "hard mode" or "mythic levels" or anything that I'm familiar with from other MMOs. We just go into the missions, be they normal door missions, Strikes or Task Forces, and beat things up. It seems like the number of enemies scales with the people we have, as when we are short a person the pulls seem smaller, but I'm not controlling that in any way, I believe.

10 hours ago, Infinitum said:

How?  Active Defense?   Set it to auto - it's going to double stack - Ron Popeil that sucker.  🤣

The rest of Shield just runs on a toggle.  

I have other things to set to auto.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

3 hours ago, Tiresias said:

If I have to roll my eyes any harder, I'm suing for assault and battery!

Too easy....pffft!

No such thing!

If you want "more challenge", simply don't use some of the things.

25 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

If I have to roll my eyes any harder, I'm suing for assault and battery!

Too easy....pffft!

No such thing!

If you want "more challenge", simply don't use some of the things.

@Tiresias  don't listen to this. 🤣

2 hours ago, Tiresias said:

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "difficulty level".

If you look at your chat box - to the right of where you would enter text to chat you will see a chat bubble. Click that and go to notoriety settings. 

In that menu there are 4 menu options.  (just remembered Captain Picard 4 lights here 😁

Anyway 4 menu options:

Team size 1-8. the higher this is the more neemy you will face

Difficulty. - 1   0 1 2 3 4. The higher this is the higher the enemy level is. 

AV/EB. Means you can turn the AV option off - even though on some teams I have seen them spawn AVs regardless

Boss. You can turn Boss spawning on or off solo 

Play around with those settings until you have it challenging but not frustrating. 

2 hours ago, Infinitum said:

In that menu there are 4 menu options.  (just remembered Captain Picard 4 lights here 😁

I love a good Star Trek reference.

2 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Anyway 4 menu options:

AV/EB. Means you can turn the AV option off - even though on some teams I have seen them spawn AVs regardless

Play around with those settings until you have it challenging but not frustrating. 

@Tiresias That is some great advice Inf gave there. Now when you see things like 4x8 on the forums or in the game you will know that they mean; +4 level mobs/difficulty (levels always come first in this before team size) and a team size of eight. When I farm on my characters I have tricked out I use 4x8. When I run some mission I have ran 1212617 times and I just want to finish this line and be done with it because I need it for XYZ accolade/badge/etc., I may go as low as 0x0/0x1. The Patron Pool quest line is an example I just want to finish when soloed. You can swap as much as you like without penalty. Let us know where y'all end up. Lower levels are tougher, by far, to go higher up in levels/difficulty. I'd start with adding team size first personally. 

Good luck!

5 hours ago, Infinitum said:

If you look at your chat box - to the right of where you would enter text to chat you will see a chat bubble. Click that and go to notoriety settings. 

Anyway 4 menu options:

2 hours ago, DarkRevelation said:

I love a good Star Trek reference.

@Tiresias That is some great advice Inf gave there. Now when you see things like 4x8 on the forums or in the game you will know that they mean; +4 level mobs/difficulty (levels always come first in this before team size) and a team size of eight. When I farm on my characters I have tricked out I use 4x8. When I run some mission I have ran 1212617 times and I just want to finish this line and be done with it because I need it for XYZ accolade/badge/etc., I may go as low as 0x0/0x1. The Patron Pool quest line is an example I just want to finish when soloed. You can swap as much as you like without penalty. Let us know where y'all end up. Lower levels are tougher, by far, to go higher up in levels/difficulty. I'd start with adding team size first personally. 

Good luck!

Hey guys! Thanks for the advice. We played some Radio missions tonight for fun and found that leaving the party size option alone but raising the difficulty to 2 worked well. Toggling the AV/EB option didn't seem to do anything for the Radio Missions.

My friends enjoyed things more, mostly because I was actually taking damage, so the Defender and Dominator felt like they were being useful with their defensive, healing, and CC effects.

Thanks for helping me work through this issue! I know a little more about the fundamental systems now too.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Why?  I've been hearing complaints about difficulty since I joined in 2008.

An utterly pointless complaint,  Whether you're arguing "too hard" OR "too easy"
Difficulty has been almost completely personal preference since 09/15/2009 (Issue 16).

Back when difficulty level was "heroic. tenacious, etc" and the Wiki didn't exist, it was tougher to tune your gaming  experience.

Forgive the profanity

But if you want a cake wakm the proper response is "what flavor and do you want comfy shoes?"

If you want "Rocks fall.  Everyone dies"?
You got it!

The nastiest, most player hostile experience I ever had was Philotic Knight's AE adventures.
Absolute torture test!

Took an unsuspecting Invuln tank in.  They had ALL THE KB, PLUS SOME!

I for bounced around like a blaster so much I HAD TO EXIT THE GAME IN WOW!

Why?  I've been hearing complaints about difficulty since I joined in 2008.

An utterly pointless complaint,  Whether you're arguing "too hard" OR "too easy"
Difficulty has been almost completely personal preference since 09/15/2009 (Issue 16).

Back when difficulty level was "heroic. tenacious, etc" and the Wiki didn't exist, it was tougher to tune your gaming  experience.

Forgive the profanity

But if you want a cake wakm the proper response is "what flavor and do you want comfy shoes?"

If you want "Rocks fall.  Everyone dies"?
You got it!

The nastiest, most player hostile experience I ever had was Philotic Knight's AE adventures.
Absolute torture test!

Took an unsuspecting Invuln tank in.  They had ALL THE KB, PLUS SOME!

I for bounced around like a blaster so much I HAD TO EXIT THE GAME IN WOW!

Because you obviously have not been paying attention to the situation here - that who I am talking to and attempting to help is for all intents and purposes - brand new to the game.   That's why I sincerely hope they ignore everything you are saying. 

They don't need your 20 year viewpoint on difficulty - because it isn't relevant to the current discussion. 

9 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Hey guys! Thanks for the advice. We played some Radio missions tonight for fun and found that leaving the party size option alone but raising the difficulty to 2 worked well. Toggling the AV/EB option didn't seem to do anything for the Radio Missions.

My friends enjoyed things more, mostly because I was actually taking damage, so the Defender and Dominator felt like they were being useful with their defensive, healing, and CC effects.

Thanks for helping me work through this issue! I know a little more about the fundamental systems now too.

And THAT'S why this community is so great...so many well-meaning and helpful players, who can explain and give advice, without being dismissive or condescending (unlike some other not-to-be-named) boards or Discords)...

• Thanks 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

I didn’t see it after reading through the whole thread, but do you have a Super Reflexes/Fire Melee build? I’m looking to remake a Dark Melee/Super Reflexes scrapper from live but as a tanker(with Fire melee instead of Dark). I’m not sure of what I want to get out of the build, besides wanting all 3 sword attacks. Any help is appreciated!

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, TheOSP said:

I didn’t see it after reading through the whole thread, but do you have a Super Reflexes/Fire Melee build? I’m looking to remake a Dark Melee/Super Reflexes scrapper from live but as a tanker(with Fire melee instead of Dark). I’m not sure of what I want to get out of the build, besides wanting all 3 sword attacks. Any help is appreciated!

Just making sure I don't misunderstand you.

You're asking about an SR TANK?

Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter!

Tanks, currently, do not have access to SR.

SR is, nominally, a One Trick Nemesis Horse...

As such, the modifications a Tank would receive would be both seriously unbalancing and ultimately nearly useless.

You get something that can soft-cap on common IOS.

Okay. What sort of mitigation does it bring BEYOND that.  Remember, Defense is "All Or Nothing".

No Resistance, No Heal/Regen.

Bupkiss.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Come again?

Somebody probably out to tell the Homecoming character creator about that. Mine doesn't seem to have got the message.

• Haha 1
  • Microphone 1

1 hour ago, TheOSP said:

I can do that - got ya covered.  😉 Give me about a day and I will pull this together for you. 

57 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

As such, the modifications a Tank would receive would be both seriously unbalancing and ultimately nearly useless.

Okay. What sort of mitigation does it bring BEYOND that.  Remember, Defense is "All Or Nothing".

Bupkiss.

Tanks get SR and it's awesome.

• Microphone 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Bupkiss.

OK someone remind HS it's never a good idea to drink the bong water.   lol. Everything you said in this post - I'm going to chalk up to bad LSD. 

I am beginning to wonder if you have been hacked or sold your account. 

Edited by Infinitum

1 hour ago, Hyperstrike said:

Bupkiss.

Wanted to address this seriously for others that may not realize your post is loaded with errors. 

1. Tankers do in fact get SR

2. SR is more than a one trick pony. 

3. SR is awesome - especially on Tankers - better than invul. 

4. SR easily has the highest DDR in the game. 

5. SR has resistances. In fact it's resistances surpass invul once your health drops sufficiently. It's the ultimate D. Once you get to 10-20% health. The enemy will literally run out of end trying to kill you but unable to do so. 

6. It has status protection that can't be dropped. 

7.  It doesn't need a heal or Regen. 

That's why SR especially on tankers is top shelf. I highly recommend it.