Infinitum Build Collection

Infinitum

1 hour ago, elfeanor said:

I have a lvl 31 Tanker SR/DM and i would like a build (for now i am ok with no set, only invention IO) I think of perhap's using MOG for the fewer occasions whre def will fail.

For this, you are talking basic Crafted IOs? 

Any travel preference or theme to shoot for? 

Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2024 at 7:06 PM, elfeanor said:

Hi.

I have a lvl 31 Tanker SR/DM and i would like a build (for now i am ok with no set, only invention IO) I think of perhap's using MOG for the fewer occasions whre def will fail.

But i also need a build for my Brute IM/Regen cause i almost never see a build (ok i know regen isn't the UBER secondary but who cares ?)

Thanks in advance.

Try this - it should be pretty beefy - it has been a looong time since I built one this way - thanks for bringing me back to my roots  :-)

image.thumb.png.4e8ec3c96d226c7341f95e1dba64be0e.png

Edited by Infinitum

8 hours ago, Infinitum said:
9 hours ago, elfeanor said:

But i also need a build for my Brute IM/Regen cause i almost never see a build (ok i know regen isn't the UBER secondary but who cares ?)

Going to summon the help of @Spaghetti Betty for this because they are the clear Regen guru IMO

I have been summoned! I will now descend upon thee!

falling-neco-arc.gif.0760f84453a23062b0c93b2043222c42.gif

Ice Melee isn't one of my first choices when pairing for Regen, but I do think it can work just fine!

Here's something for you to look at

iceregen.thumb.png.f5552414dee486b4cc8d626ad5c20946.png

Brute (Ice Melee - Regeneration).mbd

First thing to note; This is a 50+ build. When levelling a /Regen, your actual secondary is Inspirations!

The gameplan is the same as any of my Regen builds: mitigation through planned use of active clicks. To that extent, my ace in the hole is always Rune of Protection + Instant Healing. These two powers combined inflate your RES and Regeneration to an insane amount, which combined with Brute's huge HP pool, will turn you into a machine. This activation lasts 60 seconds (IH lasts 90, but the RES portion is a bit more important), so to continue keeping our mitigation up, we use Melee Core Hybrid to mirror the effects of that first combo. Melee Core lasts about the same amount of time (I forget how long. I have to retime it. CoD doesn't list it) so there's about a 30 second gap between the two activations. That's where Moment of Glory and Barrier Core come in! Apply liberally to fill gaps.

As for the Ice Melee portion, the idea is relatively straightforward. Ice Patch is your defense, so I don't feel compelled to build any at all. Awareness of your surroundings and smart use of Ice Patch will completely incapacitate your attackers. As for your attack rotation, it is definitely the funkiest part of the build. I'm hoping you can do something like Freezing Touch -> Ice Sword -> Frost -> Cross Punch -> Ice Sword. Cross Punch will be fishing for FF proc activation. If this bothers you, you can always seek outside sources for recharge boosting - temporary powers like Offensive Amplifier, the SG base buff, or the Time Lord day job. Or you can always team with recharge buffer!

Hope this helps!

Edited by Spaghetti Betty
  • Thanks 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Thanks A LOT to Infinitum and Spaghetti Betty for your help. Not near my laptop now so i can't look precisely to your builds.

To answer to Spaghetti Betty, i choosed Ice Melee on purpose cause it is very safe (and fun) with Ice Patch and zaso very soon on the levelling process. Of course it doesn't protect me from ranged damage but you can't fught without risk i suppose. I like so much Ice Melee that i have it with  tankers WP, bio, ice armor.

Except i didn't use Cross Punch till now i usually do the same attack rotation but with mu (cone attack from P2W vendor).

Only for information i will post my curent builds when i will be near my laptop.

8 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Try this - it should be pretty beefy - it has been a looong time since I built one this way - thanks for bringing me back to my roots  🙂

image.thumb.png.4e8ec3c96d226c7341f95e1dba64be0e.png

Tanker (Super Reflexes - Dark Melee).mbd 40.89 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the build. I see that there are only invention crafted IO, no sets at all. I have nothing against set (or at minimum uniques IO). I can have some influence from a brute rad/FA dedicated to farm (poor guy, proof that slavery still exist) so don't hesitate to introduce some IO outside of classics invention IO.

As i said i will post my 2 builds (SR and Regen when at home).

The good part of Ice Patch is that it works with minion, ltn, boss, etc. Some give up ice patch when lvl 50. Not me.

Edited by elfeanor
I wrote ice melee instead of ice patch

Thanks for the build. I see that there are only invention crafted IO, no sets at all. I have nothing against set (or at minimum uniques IO). I can have some influence from a brute rad/FA dedicated to farm (poor guy, proof that slavery still exist) so don't hesitate to introduce some IO outside of classics invention IO.

As i said i will post my 2 builds (SR and Regen when at home).

I misunderstood your request. I thought you were requesting no set IOs only the basic crafted generics. 😁 

I will give you another alternative with full sets later which will be a few measures stronger, quicker and more deadly. 

4 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

I misunderstood your request. I thought you were requesting no set IOs only the basic crafted generics. 😁 

I will give you another alternative with full sets later which will be a few measures stronger, quicker and more deadly. 

Certainly i was less clear than i thought. 😅

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, elfeanor said:

Certainly i was less clear than i thought. 😅

It was actually fun putting together and easily illustrates why SR is one of the best - because it gets well above the regular soft cap - on its way to the incarnate softcap with just common IOs. 

I will dig deeper for you tonight after work with some heavy hitting set bonuses. 

7 hours ago, elfeanor said:

To answer to Spaghetti Betty, i choosed Ice Melee on purpose cause it is very safe (and fun) with Ice Patch and zaso very soon on the levelling process. Of course it doesn't protect me from ranged damage but you can't fught without risk i suppose. I like so much Ice Melee that i have it with  tankers WP, bio, ice armor.

It's not a bad choice at all. Regen just becomes easy mode when you pair it with a melee than can slot Knockback enhancements!

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

50 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

It's not a bad choice at all. Regen just becomes easy mode when you pair it with a melee than can slot Knockback enhancements!

Which secondary do you have in mind  :  SS, stone,  ? 

1 minute ago, elfeanor said:

Which secondary do you have in mind  :  SS, stone,  ? 

My top 3 pairings with Regen are SS, Axe, and MA. Stone and TW being honorable mentions.

12 minutes ago, elfeanor said:

Infinitum, as i wrote you in a PM i can't download your build because it is written "unavailable".

I didn't know there was an upload size cap - I went through all my image attachments through the years and deleted them all to make space and must have accidently picked off the build too. 

I will upload again when I get home from work. 

I didn't know we had a cap of roughly 108 mb - too many high quality memes for me.  lol

On 3/20/2024 at 9:30 AM, Spaghetti Betty said:

I have been summoned! I will now descend upon thee!

falling-neco-arc.gif.0760f84453a23062b0c93b2043222c42.gif

Ice Melee isn't one of my first choices when pairing for Regen, but I do think it can work just fine!

Here's something for you to look at

iceregen.thumb.png.f5552414dee486b4cc8d626ad5c20946.png

Brute (Ice Melee - Regeneration).mbd 43.96 kB · 3 downloads

First thing to note; This is a 50+ build. When levelling a /Regen, your actual secondary is Inspirations!

The gameplan is the same as any of my Regen builds: mitigation through planned use of active clicks. To that extent, my ace in the hole is always Rune of Protection + Instant Healing. These two powers combined inflate your RES and Regeneration to an insane amount, which combined with Brute's huge HP pool, will turn you into a machine. This activation lasts 60 seconds (IH lasts 90, but the RES portion is a bit more important), so to continue keeping our mitigation up, we use Melee Core Hybrid to mirror the effects of that first combo. Melee Core lasts about the same amount of time (I forget how long. I have to retime it. CoD doesn't list it) so there's about a 30 second gap between the two activations. That's where Moment of Glory and Barrier Core come in! Apply liberally to fill gaps.

As for the Ice Melee portion, the idea is relatively straightforward. Ice Patch is your defense, so I don't feel compelled to build any at all. Awareness of your surroundings and smart use of Ice Patch will completely incapacitate your attackers. As for your attack rotation, it is definitely the funkiest part of the build. I'm hoping you can do something like Freezing Touch -> Ice Sword -> Frost -> Cross Punch -> Ice Sword. Cross Punch will be fishing for FF proc activation. If this bothers you, you can always seek outside sources for recharge boosting - temporary powers like Offensive Amplifier, the SG base buff, or the Time Lord day job. Or you can always team with recharge buffer!

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot.

I will try it on Test Server (perhap's i will try a 800.xx AE mission, it will my first time).

What do you think if i change kick (not so much consequences on CrossPunch damage it seems) by :

- enflamme (with a proc like Ragnarok : chance for knockdown or Annihilation : chance for -res debuff) even if i know proc isn't so good on toogle --> kind of damage aura and mitigeation (if chance to knockdown)

or

-weave (slotted with a LOTG for a little permanent defense without clicking and the +7,5% rech reduction on top of the already amazing recharge reduction you reached in this build)

4 hours ago, elfeanor said:

Thanks a lot.

I will try it on Test Server (perhap's i will try a 800.xx AE mission, it will my first time).

What do you think if i change kick (not so much consequences on CrossPunch damage it seems) by :

- enflamme (with a proc like Ragnarok : chance for knockdown or Annihilation : chance for -res debuff) even if i know proc isn't so good on toogle --> kind of damage aura and mitigeation (if chance to knockdown)

or

-weave (slotted with a LOTG for a little permanent defense without clicking and the +7,5% rech reduction on top of the already amazing recharge reduction you reached in this build)

Those are good choices as well! Kick is nice to fit in when using cross punch because it makes it stronger, and you'll be using it alot in my build. I've ran CP without both boxing and kick before, as I consider it for the utility more than anything.

Edited by Spaghetti Betty

13 hours ago, elfeanor said:

Infinitum, as i wrote you in a PM i can't download your build because it is written "unavailable".

Infinitum and Spaghetti Bhetty, I "promised" to post the build i actually have (before changing with your builds).

So here there are :

DontTouchME - Tanker (Super Reflexes - Dark Melee).mbd 31.7 kB · 1 download SoColdHere - Brute (Ice Melee - Regeneration).mbd 27.92 kB · 2 downloads

try the post again - build should be good now - sorry about that.

16 hours ago, Infinitum said:

try the post again - build should be good now - sorry about that.

Not at home now.

Thanks a lot. I will try the build on test server. What mission should i try to test the build in hard content  ? 

9 minutes ago, elfeanor said:

Not at home now.

Thanks a lot. I will try the build on test server. What mission should i try to test the build in hard content  ? 

Start with +4/8 Maria Jenkins first mission - infernal. Don't try to solo the AV, just see how it does with 1 or 2 mobs agroed. 

Then try +4/8 ITF. Don't let this one freak you out when your HP starts dropping. It will drop fairly fast then hang around 10-20%left and not be in any danger at that point. 

If it weathers those two tests it's in pretty good shape. 

22 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Start with +4/8 Maria Jenkins first mission - infernal. Don't try to solo the AV, just see how it does with 1 or 2 mobs agroed. 

Then try +4/8 ITF. Don't let this one freak you out when your HP starts dropping. It will drop fairly fast then hang around 10-20%left and not be in any danger at that point. 

If it weathers those two tests it's in pretty good shape. 

Do you think i can try these missions or TF on test server  ? 

Do you think i can try these missions or TF on test server  ? 

Absolutely. I do it all the time. 

Maria is avail by contact search and teleport or just going to her location on PI

For the ITF you need to grant yourself midnighter club access then you can lfg to Cimerora.