Infinitum Build Collection

Infinitum

12 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Wanted to address this seriously for others that may not realize your post is loaded with errors. 

1. Tankers do in fact get SR

2. SR is more than a one trick pony. 

3. SR is awesome - especially on Tankers - better than invul. 

4. SR easily has the highest DDR in the game. 

5. SR has resistances. In fact it's resistances surpass invul once your health drops sufficiently. It's the ultimate D. Once you get to 10-20% health. The enemy will literally run out of end trying to kill you but unable to do so. 

6. It has status protection that can't be dropped. 

7.  It doesn't need a heal or Regen. 

That's why SR especially on tankers is top shelf. I highly recommend it. 

This.

I mainly play scrappers, and everything(EVERYTHING) I make gets remade as */SR(exception being my Dark/Shield. He’s a beast!). I’m just getting ahead of how I play myself(*insert DJ Khaled* hehe). I never really play tankers and Fire fits the theme I’m going for, just not sure on power picks/slotting on a tanker. 

Thanks again for taking your time to put it together. I won’t be near my computer for a few days so it will be like I never waited I the first place 😆

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Wanted to address this seriously for others that may not realize your post is loaded with errors. 

1. Tankers do in fact get SR

2. SR is more than a one trick pony. 

3. SR is awesome - especially on Tankers - better than invul. 

4. SR easily has the highest DDR in the game. 

5. SR has resistances. In fact it's resistances surpass invul once your health drops sufficiently. It's the ultimate D. Once you get to 10-20% health. The enemy will literally run out of end trying to kill you but unable to do so. 

6. It has status protection that can't be dropped. 

7.  It doesn't need a heal or Regen. 

That's why SR especially on tankers is top shelf. I highly recommend it. 

I still haven’t ran an SR Tanker yet, but I know @Linea talked about how amazing it is if piloted correctly.

Are there any specific secondaries you feel pair best with SR?

Edited by One IV All

7 minutes ago, One IV All said:

I still haven’t ran an SR Tanker yet, but I know @Linea talked about how amazing it is if piloted correctly.

Are there any specific primaries you feel pair best with SR?

I ran  SR/SS, and SR/Claws 

The claws was nicer on the blue bar.  I imagine Savage would be also. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, One IV All said:

Are there any specific primaries you feel pair best with SR?

Any of them would work honestly. But I think EM, Claws, Electric Melee, Fire - basically all of the good sets get better because of the recharge boost in Quickness. 

I really like my SR/EM. It's really tough and deadly. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Haijinx said:

I ran  SR/SS, and SR/Claws 

The claws was nicer on the blue bar.  I imagine Savage would be also. 

That all sounds sweet. I could see Savage being pretty thematic has well. I’m thinking Vampire tanker haha

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Infinitum said:

Any of them would work honestly. But I think EM, Claws, Electric Melee, Fire - basically all of the good sets get better because of the recharge boost in Quickness. 

I really like my SR/EM. It's really tough and deadly. 

SR/EM could be awesome. I know Dual Blades likes the recharge as well.

• Like 1

Just now, One IV All said:

SR/EM could be awesome. I know Dual Blades likes the recharge as well.

Yeah it really is.   You always have a seamless rotation with it. Usually timing into a quick ET every cycle.  It's no scrapper stalker or brute - but man it hits hard often and quick. 

I have an SR/Titan Weapon Tanker.  Had him for years at this point.

Here is the thread from back in 2019 where I talked about him: 

And here is where @Hyperstrike talks about SR Tankers and not needing Weave: 

Edited by Erratic1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TheOSP said:

This.

I mainly play scrappers, and everything(EVERYTHING) I make gets remade as */SR(exception being my Dark/Shield. He’s a beast!). I’m just getting ahead of how I play myself(*insert DJ Khaled* hehe). I never really play tankers and Fire fits the theme I’m going for, just not sure on power picks/slotting on a tanker. 

Thanks again for taking your time to put it together. I won’t be near my computer for a few days so it will be like I never waited I the first place 😆

Try this - the res numbers I have set to illustrate 50% health - this should put you in a good spot - but let me know if you need help with any changes to it - be more than happy to look at it again  :classic_wink:

Tanker (Super Reflexes - Fiery Melee).mbd

I ran a SR/Fire for a while before the FM pass. It was very good, but went back to my Rad/SS then Bio/SS.

SR with Staff for that +resists would be very tough but a little weak in damage. Now if Staff got a good pass then that could be an awesome combo and thematic.

Edited by Gobbledigook
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Try this - the res numbers I have set to illustrate 50% health - this should put you in a good spot - but let me know if you need help with any changes to it - be more than happy to look at it again  :classic_wink:

Tanker (Super Reflexes - Fiery Melee).mbd 44.48 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you much! I’ll take a peak tomorrow when I am able to get to a computer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/28/2024 at 12:17 AM, One IV All said:

tldr: I also said it's incredibly hard to drive at that level.  Other sets can be trivially easy to drive and almost as good.

Context: standard content rates about 1, incarnate content 3, and official hard-mode stops at about 7.  Which either translates as all (tank) the armors sets or half the armor sets.  It's not an accident that it's balanced on that break-point.

I think I rated SR as a 13, but was only able to achieve that level of success 1 out of 13 tests, and failed miserably the other 12 times.  I know it's doable.  I've done it.  I've seen others do it better.  But it's the very rare pilot that can manage it.  As I recall SD was 12, but most pilots barely build SD's durability above a 2 or 3, instead preferring offense.  Inv, Stone, and similar topped out around 10 or 11.  The various resist sets topped out in the 6-7 range.  But don't knock the resist sets in a team environment.  If a resist set gets defense buffs from the team, they can effectively walk around all day as perma double T9 equivalent.  Acquiring a similar level of resists buffs is less common.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Microphone 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

16 minutes ago, Linea said:

tldr: I also said it's incredibly hard to drive at that level.  Other sets can be trivially easy to drive and almost as good.

Context: standard content rates about 1, incarnate content 3, and official hard-mode stops at about 7.  Which either translates as all (tank) the armors sets or half the armor sets.  It's not an accident that it's balanced on that break-point.

I think I rated SR as a 13, but was only able to achieve that level of success 1 out of 13 tests, and failed miserably the other 12 times.  I know it's doable.  I've done it.  I've seen others do it better.  But it's the very rare pilot that can manage it.  As I recall SD was 12, but most pilots barely build SD's durability above a 2 or 3, instead preferring offense.  Inv, Stone, and similar topped out around 10 or 11.  The various resist sets topped out in the 6-7 range.  But don't knock the resist sets in a team environment.  If a resist set gets defense buffs from the team, they can effectively walk around all day as perma double T9 equivalent.  Acquiring a similar level of resists buffs is less common.

Yeah, in a pure team environment (by pure team - I mean a team that checks all the boxes and is proficient) the resist sets are probably the easiest to play because they bring a lot of tools to the table the hybrids do not. 

But all things being equal I think Shield is probably the best. 

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Linea said:

Appreciate this, and yeah that is why I mentioned if piloted “correctly.” Definitely seems like you can hear near the same level of an optimally driven SR with a much easier set.

Hi! Have you ever tried a bio/psi tanker? I've been intrigued by psi but it seems like this build just doesn't exist other than one random guy that was in one of my groups today.  I know bio is tricky because you need all the powers.  What would you do in psi/extra pools with that?

5 hours ago, Glowman said:

@Infinitum if I want to run taunt in your Shield/Broadsword build, what power would you recommend dropping?

Im not near my computer at the moment, but if the build has hover I would probably swap out hover for taunt. 

8 minutes ago, Nerrai4 said:

Hi! Have you ever tried a bio/psi tanker? I've been intrigued by psi but it seems like this build just doesn't exist other than one random guy that was in one of my groups today.  I know bio is tricky because you need all the powers.  What would you do in psi/extra pools with that?

I could put something together for you.  Never played it but I can see why it could be neat. 

On 4/27/2024 at 7:40 PM, Hyperstrike said:

You're asking about an SR TANK?

Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter!

Tanks, currently, do not have access to SR.

You haven't tried Super Reflexes on a Tanker yet.. so yummy. Super Reflexes / Energy Melee.

maybe I should read further before posting.. nah

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 4/30/2024 at 4:03 PM, Glowman said:

@Infinitum if I want to run taunt in your Shield/Broadsword build, what power would you recommend dropping?

I just double checked this one - hover is not in that build.  So I would drop One with the Shield and redistribute the two uniques to true grit and tough.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2024 at 9:21 PM, Nerrai4 said:

Try this one out - I was able to get within 2% points of my Bio Energy Tanker - which is really good.  Hope this helps!

Tanker (Bio Armor - Psi Melee).mbd

@Infinitum

Can I get some feedback on my next build?

I got the Shield/Sword Tanker to 50 and have been slowing taking my friends through endgame activities. I also got my Peacebringer to 50 and consulted with Laucianna about that build, and I feel like it's in a good place. I play the Peacebringer solo, so she's bringing in WAY more influence than my Tanker.

I'd like to use that money to fund a Villain Dark/Dark/Soul tanker that I could use feedback on. The general purpose is to support my friends when they play through the red-side content, which is next on our list.

I've attached the build, but here is the general concept:

• Overcapped resistances to prevent Resistance shred. I've been able to achieve this on everything but Energy, because Dark has a MASSIVE Energy hole. If there are at least 3 enemies in range of Melee Core Embodiment, everything is at 100% Resistance except for Energy, which is simply capped.
  • Use To-hit debuffs in place of Defense, as I won't have reasonably up-time on DDR effects (only Ageless Radial Epiphany). Yes, I know debuffs are resisted by Purple Patch, but not everything I fight will be purple, so I feel like the debuffs still have a place.
  • Truly glorious amounts of healing and regeneration.
  • Fill the Knockback hole in status protection.
  • 100% Recharge Time protection (thanks to Ageless Radial, which always provides at least 21% Recharge Time Reduction).
  • Perma-Hasten (thanks to Ageless Radial).
  • A Summon Widow that is permanent, for almost all practical purposes (I believe she will have a few seconds of downtime).
  • Good single-target damage.

I achieved this by putting aside all damage and cost considerations. As such, here are places where the build could be changed:

• I'm using Oppressive Gloom as a mule, opting for it over Touch of Fear. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad, but the build will certainly lack AoE damage as a result, relying entirely on Death Shroud and Shadow Maul (i.e. very low AoE damage). This isn't to say that I can't turn it on, but I'm not sure how effective it actually is in real-world scenarios.
  • Only 4 Luck of the Gambler global recharge enhancements, as I just ran out of room. This could be fixed by dropping Taunt for Evasive Maneuvers, but I feel like this Tanker will need Taunt due to the low AoE damage potential.
  • I have heard that you may actually need 16 points of Knockback protection to cover all content, so I would have to drop a slot from Smite to get a Blessing of the Zephyr into Hover, which would hurt my "Filler" attack and reduce my Endurance recovery slightly.
  • No Maneuvers or Tactics, largely because I believe the build is hard enough on Endurance. I actually don't know how big of a problem this will be. I know I could drop Combat Jumping for Maneuvers (which I would simply mule), which opens me up to dropping something like Taunt or Hover for Tactics.
  • No To-hit debuff protection outside of Ageless Radial. I know that can be an issue with Resistance-based Tankers, but I'm not sure how to fix it outside of "more Accuracy".

Thank you for any feedback you or anyone else can provide!

Here is what the Core Stats look like with no enemies in range of Melee Core Embodiment:

image.png.170b91157477c1685afaf807ac4704b8.png

And Debuff Resistances without Ageless Radial:

image.png.16a80124da85602eaf1ed96a2b265c56.png

Ravenwraith - Tanker (Dark Armor - Dark Melee).mbd