Infinitum Build Collection

Infinitum

43 minutes ago, Cherijo said:

Infinitum,

I'm looking for a Super Reflexes/Savage Melee build like your Quantum build, I can't find anything that works For SR/SM can you help ? I'm doing the Quantum build now and having fun with it.

I got ya covered.  I have that build ready - just isn't in my normal stable because I switched it to Bio/Savage. 

I will send it to you later this evening when I get home from work. 

On 5/11/2024 at 4:08 PM, Tiresias said:

@Infinitum

Can I get some feedback on my next build?

I got the Shield/Sword Tanker to 50 and have been slowing taking my friends through endgame activities. I also got my Peacebringer to 50 and consulted with Laucianna about that build, and I feel like it's in a good place. I play the Peacebringer solo, so she's bringing in WAY more influence than my Tanker.

I'd like to use that money to fund a Villain Dark/Dark/Soul tanker that I could use feedback on. The general purpose is to support my friends when they play through the red-side content, which is next on our list.

I've attached the build, but here is the general concept:

• Overcapped resistances to prevent Resistance shred. I've been able to achieve this on everything but Energy, because Dark has a MASSIVE Energy hole. If there are at least 3 enemies in range of Melee Core Embodiment, everything is at 100% Resistance except for Energy, which is simply capped.
  • Use To-hit debuffs in place of Defense, as I won't have reasonably up-time on DDR effects (only Ageless Radial Epiphany). Yes, I know debuffs are resisted by Purple Patch, but not everything I fight will be purple, so I feel like the debuffs still have a place.
  • Truly glorious amounts of healing and regeneration.
  • Fill the Knockback hole in status protection.
  • 100% Recharge Time protection (thanks to Ageless Radial, which always provides at least 21% Recharge Time Reduction).
  • Perma-Hasten (thanks to Ageless Radial).
  • A Summon Widow that is permanent, for almost all practical purposes (I believe she will have a few seconds of downtime).
  • Good single-target damage.

I achieved this by putting aside all damage and cost considerations. As such, here are places where the build could be changed:

• I'm using Oppressive Gloom as a mule, opting for it over Touch of Fear. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad, but the build will certainly lack AoE damage as a result, relying entirely on Death Shroud and Shadow Maul (i.e. very low AoE damage). This isn't to say that I can't turn it on, but I'm not sure how effective it actually is in real-world scenarios.
  • Only 4 Luck of the Gambler global recharge enhancements, as I just ran out of room. This could be fixed by dropping Taunt for Evasive Maneuvers, but I feel like this Tanker will need Taunt due to the low AoE damage potential.
  • I have heard that you may actually need 16 points of Knockback protection to cover all content, so I would have to drop a slot from Smite to get a Blessing of the Zephyr into Hover, which would hurt my "Filler" attack and reduce my Endurance recovery slightly.
  • No Maneuvers or Tactics, largely because I believe the build is hard enough on Endurance. I actually don't know how big of a problem this will be. I know I could drop Combat Jumping for Maneuvers (which I would simply mule), which opens me up to dropping something like Taunt or Hover for Tactics.
  • No To-hit debuff protection outside of Ageless Radial. I know that can be an issue with Resistance-based Tankers, but I'm not sure how to fix it outside of "more Accuracy".

Thank you for any feedback you or anyone else can provide!

Here is what the Core Stats look like with no enemies in range of Melee Core Embodiment:

image.png.170b91157477c1685afaf807ac4704b8.png

And Debuff Resistances without Ageless Radial:

image.png.16a80124da85602eaf1ed96a2b265c56.png

Ravenwraith - Tanker (Dark Armor - Dark Melee).mbd 45.88 kB · 3 downloads

The thing is, Resistance is ALREADY Debuffing Resistance debuffs at maximum value.
So cranking to 110-120% (with 90% being the max) isn't giving you ANYTHING.

At that point, more Defense is FAR more beneficial.
If you want to be more Resist-biased, vs Defense biased, that's cool.

But beyond caps, you're MATHEMATICALLY will find making your enemies do ZERO DAMAGE with max Defense superior to making them do 0% less damage than with maxed Res

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

20 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

I got ya covered.  I have that build ready - just isn't in my normal stable because I switched it to Bio/Savage. 

I will send it to you later this evening when I get home from work. 

Thank you, yeah it's for a themed build.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Gotcha, What travel powers or are there any pool powers that are a must since its themed?

Super Jump, it's a Bunny Toon. the rest I'm good with to get best numbers ?

Edited by Cherijo
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/13/2024 at 3:00 PM, Cherijo said:

Super Jump, it's a Bunny Toon. the rest I'm good with to get best numbers ?

Sorry this is a day later than I said - try this out though - you can swap out stealth if you like for anything else - I just put it in there because you had an extra power slot and enh slot to burn.

You can also swap out hemorrage for Maiming if you like that better - I am on the fence between the two honestly.

Hope this helps  Tanker (Super Reflexes - Savage Melee).mbd:classic_wink:

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 5:08 PM, Tiresias said:

@Infinitum

I got the Shield/Sword Tanker to 50 and have been slowing taking my friends through endgame activities. I also got my Peacebringer to 50 and consulted with Laucianna about that build, and I feel like it's in a good place. I play the Peacebringer solo, so she's bringing in WAY more influence than my Tanker.

I'd like to use that money to fund a Villain Dark/Dark/Soul tanker that I could use feedback on. The general purpose is to support my friends when they play through the red-side content, which is next on our list.

• Overcapped resistances to prevent Resistance shred. I've been able to achieve this on everything but Energy, because Dark has a MASSIVE Energy hole. If there are at least 3 enemies in range of Melee Core Embodiment, everything is at 100% Resistance except for Energy, which is simply capped.
  • Use To-hit debuffs in place of Defense, as I won't have reasonably up-time on DDR effects (only Ageless Radial Epiphany). Yes, I know debuffs are resisted by Purple Patch, but not everything I fight will be purple, so I feel like the debuffs still have a place.
  • 100% Recharge Time protection (thanks to Ageless Radial, which always provides at least 21% Recharge Time Reduction).
  • A Summon Widow that is permanent, for almost all practical purposes (I believe she will have a few seconds of downtime).

I achieved this by putting aside all damage and cost considerations. As such, here are places where the build could be changed:

• I'm using Oppressive Gloom as a mule, opting for it over Touch of Fear. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad, but the build will certainly lack AoE damage as a result, relying entirely on Death Shroud and Shadow Maul (i.e. very low AoE damage). This isn't to say that I can't turn it on, but I'm not sure how effective it actually is in real-world scenarios.
  • Only 4 Luck of the Gambler global recharge enhancements, as I just ran out of room. This could be fixed by dropping Taunt for Evasive Maneuvers, but I feel like this Tanker will need Taunt due to the low AoE damage potential.
  • I have heard that you may actually need 16 points of Knockback protection to cover all content, so I would have to drop a slot from Smite to get a Blessing of the Zephyr into Hover, which would hurt my "Filler" attack and reduce my Endurance recovery slightly.
  • No Maneuvers or Tactics, largely because I believe the build is hard enough on Endurance. I actually don't know how big of a problem this will be. I know I could drop Combat Jumping for Maneuvers (which I would simply mule), which opens me up to dropping something like Taunt or Hover for Tactics.
  • No To-hit debuff protection outside of Ageless Radial. I know that can be an issue with Resistance-based Tankers, but I'm not sure how to fix it outside of "more Accuracy".

Here is what the Core Stats look like with no enemies in range of Melee Core Embodiment:

Ravenwraith - Tanker (Dark Armor - Dark Melee).mbd 45.88 kB · 5 downloads

I missed this question the other day, I will take a look at this soon for ya.

1 hour ago, Infinitum said:

Sorry this is a day later than I said - try this out though - you can swap out stealth if you like for anything else - I just put it in there because you had an extra power slot and enh slot to burn.

You can also swap out hemorrage for Maiming if you like that better - I am on the fence between the two honestly.

Hope this helps  Tanker (Super Reflexes - Savage Melee).mbd:classic_wink:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, will try it out as built for sure. 

• Thumbs Up 1

@Infinitum First of all I want to say looking at your builds has been a blast 🙂 I've been meaning to start another tank and decided to go the SD/EM route. I've personally always liked having taunt for my tankers, so I wondered if you help me tweak Magnus Invictus a little bit 😮 

I know you have physical perfection (speaking about the skill not yourself lol) but how is you end management with Magnus Invictus? I was thinking of trying to free up another slot for end.

Anyway hope you get to read this and thanks for your time

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Gurox said:

@Infinitum First of all I want to say looking at your builds has been a blast 🙂 I've been meaning to start another tank and decided to go the SD/EM route. I've personally always liked having taunt for my tankers, so I wondered if you help me tweak Magnus Invictus a little bit 😮 

I know you have physical perfection (speaking about the skill not yourself lol) but how is you end management with Magnus Invictus? I was thinking of trying to free up another slot for end.

Anyway hope you get to read this and thanks for your time

Awesome!  I am glad you enjoyed.  That makes it all worthwhile for me. 

And nope you definitely aren't talking about me personally with physical perfection. I like cake too much. I'm not unfit but I'm not hanz and Franz either. 😄

For Magnus - I am not near a computer but let me ask you. Does it have hover?   If so I would swap taunt for that. 

You wouldnt want to lose physical perfection. I can't remember if I updated or not but on all my SD and SR characters I have switched to ageless core for the end boost.  Physical perfection will allow you to hold out long enough for the next run of ageless basically. 

It is very much an endgame build with ageless in mind to run all of the toggles including tough Weave and focused accuracy. 

I will take a look when I get home either way for you though. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@Infinitum Thanks for the quick reply 🙂 

Haha who can deny a slice of cheesecake 🙂

Nope doesn't have hover as I probably would have done as you thought. Looks like a cracking build with no wriggle room as why I am having a issue trying to fit taunt in 😮 

Yup you have ageless in this build too 🙂

yeah Ill make a leveling build myself I just like a target to work towards. Got around 200 mil for my next build atm so ill buy some of the basic enhancements attuned from the start 🙂

Thanks mate 🙂

P.S could work out how to link a straight reply lmao sorry

Edited by Gurox
needed to add
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Gurox said:

@Infinitum Thanks for the quick reply 🙂 

Haha who can deny a slice of cheesecake 🙂

Nope doesn't have hover as I probably would have done as you thought. Looks like a cracking build with no wriggle room as why I am having a issue trying to fit taunt in 😮 

Yup you have ageless in this build too 🙂

yeah Ill make a leveling build myself I just like a target to work towards. Got around 200 mil for my next build atm so ill buy some of the basic enhancements attuned from the start 🙂

Thanks mate 🙂

P.S could work out how to link a straight reply lmao sorry

Anytime - I looked it over and I would probably go this route - dropped power crash - fully slotted bone smasher then two slotted taunt. 

If you wanted more AOE just drop bone smasher for taunt and use the same enh I have in taunt in this build.

Hope this helps and enjoy!

Tanker (Shield Defense - Energy Melee).mbd

On 5/14/2024 at 5:37 PM, Infinitum said:

I missed this question the other day, I will take a look at this soon for ya.

No problem! You're busy, and I'm the one asking for help. I appreciate any time you can spare. Thank you!

Posted (edited)

Infinitum, another build request please,

I have a concept hero I need a build for, Electric Armor/Battle Axe.

influence is not an issue, I have an AFK Fire Farmer and I’d like Super Jump fairly early in the build.  Thanks

Edited by Semler

15 hours ago, Infinitum said:

@Tiresias and @Semler

I promise I have not forgotten you. Just going through a crazy busy EoM work period. 

I will be able to assist better next week hopefully.  Sorry for the delays. 

no worries, Ive put together a build that is getting me by for now, but i know it can be improved.

• 3 weeks later
On 5/29/2024 at 9:12 PM, SgtGrim said:

I would love to see a Electric armor/ Ice melee build. Got one?

I sent a PM reply for this you had requested there.  Hope it helps - should be pretty strong though.

On 5/29/2024 at 6:48 AM, Semler said:

no worries, Ive put together a build that is getting me by for now, but i know it can be improved.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you - I am actually recovering from the shingles the last 2 weeks in addition to EoM at work a few weeks ago.  Been a hectic rough stretch but I am still here  lol.

Try this build out - I ticked all the boxes for great survivability for Elec Armor - and went with a more ST route with Battle Axe - you could always switch one of the ST attacks out for Pendulum if you would rather go that route instead.

Hope this helps!

Tanker (Electric Armor - Battle Axe).mbd

On 5/11/2024 at 5:08 PM, Tiresias said:

@Infinitum

Ravenwraith - Tanker (Dark Armor - Dark Melee).mbd 45.88 kB · 34 downloads

How is your build working out? - it looked pretty good from first glance - but how does it handle Endurance - Knockback etc?

4 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Sorry it took so long to get back to you - I am actually recovering from the shingles the last 2 weeks in addition to EoM at work a few weeks ago.  Been a hectic rough stretch but I am still here  lol.

Try this build out - I ticked all the boxes for great survivability for Elec Armor - and went with a more ST route with Battle Axe - you could always switch one of the ST attacks out for Pendulum if you would rather go that route instead.

Hope this helps!

Tanker (Electric Armor - Battle Axe).mbd 42.91 kB · 1 download

Ugh that sounds rough.  Glad to hear you're on the mend though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I see that the tank builds you have here do not have taunt.  I heave threads that other swear by this.  I think your position is clear, but can you please elaborate?

TYVM in advance!

1 hour ago, string5 said:

I see that the tank builds you have here do not have taunt.  I heave threads that other swear by this.  I think your position is clear, but can you please elaborate?

TYVM in advance!

Taunt is a good and useful power. 

Having said that - Tanker Gauntlet is strong enough in my opinion that if you want to skip taunt for another attack or pool power it is perfectly acceptable to do so for 99% of the game. 

If you continue attacking especially with aoe - it's going to keep the enemy grouped around you.  The only thing that will peel enemy off is another tanker with taunt.  The only potentially dangerous situation that might arise is if your group over aggros - which will happen but the game is so insanely forgiving - even that is only a minor hiccup.

More often than not steamrolling with even half a team of proficient players will succeed without taunt. 

Hardcore might be an exception to taunt being a requirement - I can't say for sure because I have never played hardcore.   Not my cup of tea.