Infinitum Build Collection

Infinitum

I have been a Main tanker since Live and have collected quite a few builds - I have shared them piece by piece here, so I thought i would just put them all in one place, if anyone ever needed them.

I rely on not getting killed more than damage output or number of attacks.  The damage I can output on each of them is still impressive though.

I even included my Brutes that can also tank as well as any of my tanks.

Tanker Armor Rankings  **REVISED** Strictly my Opinion YMMV

1. Shield Defense

2. Super Reflexes

3. Invulnerability - Still very close to the top, but has slight vulnerabilities exposed a little more with the typed defense change - manageable though.

4. Energy Aura (Brute) - If it were a tanker set - it would be top 3 if not number 1 easy.

5. Bio Armor - I have moved this one down, yeah its great, but without DDR it take a lot more skill to keep this afloat than any of the top 3 IMO.  Caveat - In the right hands - this one is potentially top 3 easily. 

6. Stone Armor (QoL reasons) - Stone is good, but ultimately - IMO you can do more with the 5 ahead of it here - without any of Stone's limitations.

7. Dark Armor

8. Ice Armor

9. Radiation Armor

10. Willpower

11. Electric Armor

12. Fiery Aura

1-3 are very close - Shield has the edge because it can do everything SR can do without needing to lose health to do it, and also comes with a great nuke style attack that you can teleport through walls and floors to get to your target. Also a great self damage power in AAO and team buff in Grant Cover.

5-9 are also very close - honestly Dark could easily take spot 6 from stone, but stone just has more shielding that's hardened and other mitigation tools - but just barely

8-12 also very close - a lot depends on the skills of the player and the build applied to the character.  

Update 4/7/2024

- Updated Volente and Quantum Infinitum - I had the wrong Alpha selected on Volente - should have been Spiritual instead of Agility.  Agility isn't a horrible choice but Spiritual works better for the healing factor and regen inherent to Bio Armor.

Also changed from Barrage on both Quantum and Volente to Energy Punch - its just a quicker power and better IMO - Barrage isn't a bad choice here either - just not my cup of tea.

Update 3/30/2024

- Updated all Tanker builds - also removed everything else until I can revise to be current.  Some Tanker builds were also renamed because - well I just didn't like their identity.  lol

Update 3/18/2024

- Updated Tanker Armor Rankings

- Build updates coming soon - what is below is out of date, but still will get you close to the mark. 

- If anything specific is needed please dont hesitate to ask.

The most reliable and durable are Infinitum/ Nova Infinitum/ Captain Infinitum/ Captain Starburst/Magnus Invictus/Brikhouse/Quantum Infinitum.

The most devastating are - Coming Soon

The most fun IMO is Ultra Infinitum - However, Revamped Energy Melee has made any of the EM characters a contender in this category just from sheer play strategy (active target selection and power rotation) and free feel of flow.  But honestly every time in play any of these builds I haven't played in a while it's the most fun ever anyway. lol  Ikari Kanri and Fulminare are now right up there with the fun factor that Ultra Infinitum has IMO.

Hope you enjoy these, and hope they help, if you have any questions feel free to ask.  @Infinitum - Excelsior Server

Hail to the King Baby - Welcome to Tankerdom!

Infinitum - Tanker (Invulnerability - Super Strength).mbd ---- My first ever 50 Live and Homecoming.  Really solid. 

Invulnerability/Super Strength

Nova Infinitum - Tanker (Invulnerability - Energy Melee).mbd---- My Second ever 50 Live and Homecoming.  As solid as Infinitum, but with the single target destruction from Energy Melee.  One of my go-to Tankers

Invulnerability/Energy Melee

Captain Infinitum - Tanker (Shield Defense - Street Justice).mbd---- Ultra Reliable, not held back by not having a heal - cause you usually can work your way out of any situation by outlasting the bad guys.

Shield Defense/Street Justice

Ultra Infinitum - Tanker (Shield Defense - Electric Melee).mbd---- Really fun AOE shred anything but a boss build - every 30 seconds you are like a battle ship firing a broadside.

Shield Defense/Electric Melee

Alpha Infinitum - Tanker (Electric Armor - Psionic Melee).mbd---- Solid Build, Psi Melee is a high damage set with awesome graphics and effects to go with it..

Electric Armor/Psionic Melee

Omega Infinitum - Tanker (Dark Armor - Dark Melee).mbd---- really fun Dark Brawler esque build - very solid with ToF Buff, despite the shadow maul nerf - Dark IMO is the best Resistance Set.

Dark Armor/Dark Melee

Absolute Infinitum - Tanker (Ice Armor - Ice Melee).mbd---- Ice Ice Baby - Very solid survivable Tanker build - that can debuff, slow and control enemies as well.  Very fun indeed!

Ice Armor/Ice Melee

Turbo Infinitum - Tanker (Fiery Aura - Fire Melee).mbd ---- Triple fire - burn baby burn - has improved significantly since fire was buffed.

Fiery Aura/Fire Melee

Paladin Infinitum - Tanker (Shield Defense - Broadsword).mbd---- I think this will be the final iteration of Paladin Infinitum - he has a shield - he has a sword.  Nuff said.

Shield Defense/Broadsword

Quantum Infinitum - Tanker (Super Reflexes - Energy Melee).mbd---- This could be one of my strongest Infinitum variants - the more I play SR the more I like it - and learn how unkillable it is.

Super Reflexes/Energy Melee

Lodestarr - Tanker (Fiery Aura - Energy Melee).mbd---- This could be one of the most devastating Tanker builds I have made - combining the AOE and extra damage from Fiery Aura, with the ST capability from Energy Melee - yeah its pretty ruthless.

Fiery Aura/Energy Melee

Magnus Obsidian - Tanker (Shield Defense - Dark Melee).mbd---- Some time ago someone posted a build request for a Shield/Dark Tanker - and honestly it looks like on paper it would have awesome synergy - so Magnus Obsidian was born.

Shield Defense/Dark Melee

Magnus Invictus - Tanker (Shield Defense - Energy Melee).mbd---- Keeping with the Shield trend - I wanted to try Shield/EM - and it has the awesome single target capability of EM with the added damage boost, survivability and AOE with Shield.

Shield Defense/Energy Melee

Radianite - Tanker (Radiation Armor - Radiation Melee).mbd---- Solid - multi tiered mitigation now 90% Res across the board except for Cold - also great damage

Radiation Armor/Radiation Melee

Novakick - Tanker (Shield Defense - Martial Arts).mbd---- I built this one for my youngest son a while back.  It worked well, but like most kids they lose interest fast - Its a solid build with a fun theme.

Shield Defense/Martial Arts

Brikhouse - Tanker (Invulnerability - Street Justice).mbd ---- My wife's Brawler Tank - Street Justice

Invulnerability/Street Justice

Eternal Patriot - Tanker (Shield Defense - Super Strength).mbd---- I wanted to see how this pair worked together because I had heard good things - and it is very strong both offensively and defensively.  You just have to watch for the rage - and often double rage crash.

Shield Defense/Super Strength

Invictan - Tanker (Shield Defense - Axe).mbd---- It looks like I am testing to see how well ANY set works with Shield - but come on - its a battle axe... and a shield.

Shield Defense/Battle Axe

Laceritus - Tanker (Bio Armor - Savage Melee).mbd---- And here we go - this is one ferocious tanker - fast and fluid, daring anything to try to kill him.

Bio Armor/Savage Melee

Volente - Tanker (Bio Armor - Energy Melee).mbd---- Another Bio Tanker - just as ferocious as the one above but more single target oriented with Energy Melee - fast and fluid boss killer

Bio Armor/Energy Melee

More to come later - I promise.

If you see anything not listed just reply and I will post and updated version of what you are looking for.

Thanks for Looking!

Edited by Infinitum
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 12
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Moose 1

I have a few questions for the invuln/super strength build. Are you able to keep rage up at all times? What's your attack chain look like? And if I wanted laser beam eyes how should I alter build in your opinion?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diefree said:

I have a few questions for the invuln/super strength build. Are you able to keep rage up at all times? What's your attack chain look like? And if I wanted laser beam eyes how should I alter build in your opinion?

Yeah and a good portion of the time its double stacked also.

Attack chain is smooth, haymaker and footstomp are the bread and butter honestly and KO blow is as advertised.

If you wanted to swap in LBE just sub it for either conserve power or focused accuracy and it should be fine.

First thank you for these builds and answering questions. I do have two more questions. First I take it hover and after burner are there for the slot to have global recharge and not actually turned on right? Also what incarnate slots do you recommend to compliment build? Seems you don't need more recharge.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, diefree said:

First thank you for these builds and answering questions. I do have two more questions. First I take it hover and after burner are there for the slot to have global recharge and not actually turned on right? Also what incarnate slots do you recommend to compliment build? Seems you don't need more recharge.

My pleasure.

Hover and afterburner are there because I like to fly fast.  So may as well gain the recharge bonus too.  They could be easily swapped for another pool or power.

On all my tank builds I don't really build for recharge - but if it's there I take it.

I build for max survival first - well without gimping the attack too bad that is.

Alpha - Agility

Destiny - ageless radial because you already have dull pain and ageless radial gives you more DDR.  It also helps you mitigate a hard crash from rage if it happens in mid fight and hasten crashes too. 

Other than a few crazy instances like that rage crash doesn't bother this build - conserve power is there if you needed it too.

Hybrid - I get two - Assault radial and melee core and swap them for what I may run across.  I normally run assault though.

Judgement - mighty radial because it looks cool,  and takes a bunch of them off their feet for a few seconds.

2 hours ago, diefree said:

Thank you again. Think I'll keep focused accuracy since I hate whiffing.

Well you wont whiff with this build with or without FA, FA is on this build for enemies that try to blind you - they don't with this... Ever.

• 2 weeks later
6 hours ago, Keovar said:

Got any builds with Shield/Mace or Fire/Sword?  

Yes, I don't know how I forgot to post the shield mace build.  Basically the shield, invul, rad, fire, Elec, dark, wp frameworks are all the same - just swap in your secondary of choice and try to keep the sets similar to the secondaries I have in there.

I'll post the build when I get home from work later.

Are you opposed to the psi melee swords?  If you like that the most damaging build I have ever made is Lodestarr a Fire Psi.  

If you want an actual physical sword set I can make you one when I get home also.

Thanks for looking!

9 hours ago, Keovar said:

I was just thinking broadsword or titan because those can be styled as a flame blade in costume settings.  I’m thinking of making a sort of avenging angel/paladin character.  It should have fire aura defense set, a flaming sword of some sort for offense, and flight for travel.  It’s important that the sword appears and is used in most combat powers.  I don’t know if the psi blade is used in all or just one of the psi melee attacks.  Is it basically inspired by Psylocke?  I’d prefer it looked similar to a broadsword rather than a katana, scimitar, etc.  

Try this.

Tanker (Fiery Aura - Broadsword).mxd

Hi there, I was curious if you've had any experience and/or success in creating a solid SS/Rad brute at all? I've been experimenting with Mids (very new to it still), and I'm wondering if there is a successful way to hit the res caps while still putting out ample damage?

Edited by Mythcreatio

12 hours ago, diefree said:

I noticed the invul/ss tanker doesn't have taunt do you find yourself missing it or is tanking fine without it?

Nah, I don't miss it - I quit Tanking with taunt years ago.  It's just a preference, and skill to be able to tank and not need it.

It's still a useful power, especially if you are newer to tanking, but I usually opt for more damage or survivability in its place now because a good aura and aoe in the right hands is all the taunt you need.

7 hours ago, Mythcreatio said:

Hi there, I was curious if you've had any experience and/or success in creating a solid SS/Rad brute at all? I've been experimenting with Mids (very new to it still), and I'm wondering if there is a successful way to hit the res caps while still putting out ample damage?

Sure, the rad part anyway but I should be able to swap in SS as the primary. 

I'll post something later for you.

Thanks very much for posting these! I'm just trying a Tanker, and find myself clueless. I made a Dark/Staff, and looking at builds (yours and others) has helped a lot, but I'm still not overly pleased with it.
I was hoping you (or some kind soul) might have a Dark/Staff build, or some guidlines/thoughts for a Tank newb? Pretty please? ;]
Thanks!

• Like 1

@Infinitum Silly question, But i might be making my first tanker. I was liking your Loestarr build, and people keep telling me that Psi melee is bad? As in, it got overnerfed some time in the past? Im still learning things, but my main concern is 100% PVE, i dont really pvp at all. So is it still good currently or is there some truth to what people have been telling me?

Thanks bunches in advance!