Infinitum

Infinitum Tanker Build Collection

Posted (edited)

I have been a Main tanker since Live and have collected quite a few builds - I have shared them piece by piece here, so I thought i would just put them all in one place, if anyone ever needed them.

I rely on not getting killed more than damage output or number of attacks.  The damage I can output on each of them is still impressive though.

I even included my Brutes that can also tank as well as any of my tanks.

The most reliable is Captain Infinitum

The most devastating is Lodestarr

The most fun IMO is Ultra Infinitum

Hope you enjoy these, and hope they help, if you have any questions feel free to ask.  @Infinitum - Excelsior Server

Captain Infinitum - Tanker (Shield Defense - Street Justice).mxd ---- Old Reliability

Infinitum - Tanker (Invulnerability - Super Strength).mxd  ----- My first ever 50 Live and Homecoming.  Really solid.

Ultra Infinitum - Tanker (Shield Defense - Electric Melee).mxd  ---- Really fun AOE shred anything but a boss build - every 30 seconds you are like a battle ship firing a broadside.

Omega Infinitum - Tanker (Shield Defense - Dark Melee).mxd ---- really fun Dark Brawler esque build - hoping for a Dark Consumption buff.

Turbo Infinitum - Tanker (Fiery Aura - Fire Melee).mxd  --- Triple fire - burn baby burn

Nova Infinitum - Brute (Energy Melee - Invulnerability).mxd ----- Hoping for an EM buff  🙂

Gadsden Tanker (Invulnerability - Street Justice).mxd ---- Brawler Build

Lodestarr - Tanker (Fiery Aura - Psionic Melee).mxd --- This one puts out crazy burst damage when paired with Musculature and Assault Radial - combined with Insight strike its pretty amazing.

Radianite - Tanker (Radiation Armor - Radiation Melee).mxd ---- Solid - multi tiered mitigation - nigh unkillable - great damage

Captain Starburst - Tanker (Shield Defense - Energy Melee).mxd --- My oldest son's Main - As sturdy as Capn Infi but lots more burst damage.

Novakick - Tanker (Shield Defense - Martial Arts).mxd ---- My youngest son's Main - he wanted an unkillable karate guy.

Shadowstryke - Brute (Radiation Melee - Electric Armor).mxd ---- My first OP homecoming build - can tank anything with no issues except for Hydra - and even then with incarnates and skill you can these too.

Arclyte - Brute (Psionic Melee - Electric Armor).mxd ---- Similar to Shadowstryke but more damage.

Brikhouse - Tanker (Invulnerability).mxd ---- My wife's Brawler Tank - Street Justice

Various other builds for SG mates and Forum Requests

Tanker (Shield Defense - Broadsword).mxd

Tanker (Shield Defense - Radiation Melee).mxd

Tanker (Shield Defense - Super Strength).mxd

Tanker (Shield Defense -Fiery Melee).mxd

Tanker (Radiation Armor - WarMace).mxd

Tanker (Shield Defense - Rad Melee).mxd

Edited by Infinitum
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I have a few questions for the invuln/super strength build. Are you able to keep rage up at all times? What's your attack chain look like? And if I wanted laser beam eyes how should I alter build in your opinion?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diefree said:

I have a few questions for the invuln/super strength build. Are you able to keep rage up at all times? What's your attack chain look like? And if I wanted laser beam eyes how should I alter build in your opinion?

Yeah and a good portion of the time its double stacked also.

Attack chain is smooth, haymaker and footstomp are the bread and butter honestly and KO blow is as advertised.

If you wanted to swap in LBE just sub it for either conserve power or focused accuracy and it should be fine.

First thank you for these builds and answering questions. I do have two more questions. First I take it hover and after burner are there for the slot to have global recharge and not actually turned on right? Also what incarnate slots do you recommend to compliment build? Seems you don't need more recharge.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, diefree said:

First thank you for these builds and answering questions. I do have two more questions. First I take it hover and after burner are there for the slot to have global recharge and not actually turned on right? Also what incarnate slots do you recommend to compliment build? Seems you don't need more recharge.

My pleasure.

Hover and afterburner are there because I like to fly fast.  So may as well gain the recharge bonus too.  They could be easily swapped for another pool or power.

On all my tank builds I don't really build for recharge - but if it's there I take it.

I build for max survival first - well without gimping the attack too bad that is.

Alpha - Agility

Destiny - ageless radial because you already have dull pain and ageless radial gives you more DDR.  It also helps you mitigate a hard crash from rage if it happens in mid fight and hasten crashes too. 

Other than a few crazy instances like that rage crash doesn't bother this build - conserve power is there if you needed it too.

Hybrid - I get two - Assault radial and melee core and swap them for what I may run across.  I normally run assault though.

Judgement - mighty radial because it looks cool,  and takes a bunch of them off their feet for a few seconds.

This is probably a stupid question hover and afterburner doesn't have to be on for the global recharge to work right?

3 hours ago, diefree said:

This is probably a stupid question hover and afterburner doesn't have to be on for the global recharge to work right?

No it should work just be being slotted.

Thank you again. Think I'll keep focused accuracy since I hate whiffing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diefree said:

Thank you again. Think I'll keep focused accuracy since I hate whiffing.

Well you wont whiff with this build with or without FA, FA is on this build for enemies that try to blind you - they don't with this... Ever.

59 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Well you wont whiff with this build with or without FA, FA is on this build for enemies that try to blind you - they don't with this... Ever.

Put the +Perception IO in FA and you don't even need to turn it on.

Some impressive building prowess going on here. That is one good looking Shield/Fire tanker, might be copycatting that one on mine 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Giocondi said:

Some impressive building prowess going on here. That is one good looking Shield/Fire tanker, might be copycatting that one on mine 🙂

Thank you  🙂

Posted (edited)

Couple of Updates and new editions.

Gadsden - Tanker (Willpower - Street Justice).mxd

Nova Crucible - Tanker - Electric Armor - War Mace.mxd

Infinitum - Tanker (Invulnerability - Super Strength).mxd

Added gaussian proc to invincibility so it would proc more.

Omega Infinitum - Tanker - (Dark Armor - Dark Melee).mxd

Brikhouse - Tanker (Invulnerability).mxd

Added gaussian proc to invincibility so it would proc more.

Nova Infinitum - Tanker (Invulnerability - Energy Melee).mxd

Couldnt stand it - Had to remake it as it was on live as a tank and not a brute.

Edited by Infinitum

6 hours ago, Keovar said:

Got any builds with Shield/Mace or Fire/Sword?  

Yes, I don't know how I forgot to post the shield mace build.  Basically the shield, invul, rad, fire, Elec, dark, wp frameworks are all the same - just swap in your secondary of choice and try to keep the sets similar to the secondaries I have in there.

I'll post the build when I get home from work later.

Are you opposed to the psi melee swords?  If you like that the most damaging build I have ever made is Lodestarr a Fire Psi.  

If you want an actual physical sword set I can make you one when I get home also.

Thanks for looking!

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Are you opposed to the psi melee swords?  If you like that the most damaging build I have ever made is Lodestarr a Fire Psi.  

If you want an actual physical sword set I can make you one when I get home also.

Thanks for looking!

I was just thinking broadsword or titan because those can be styled as a flame blade in costume settings.  I’m thinking of making a sort of avenging angel/paladin character.  It should have fire aura defense set, a flaming sword of some sort for offense, and flight for travel.  It’s important that the sword appears and is used in most combat powers.  I don’t know if the psi blade is used in all or just one of the psi melee attacks.  Is it basically inspired by Psylocke?  I’d prefer it looked similar to a broadsword rather than a katana, scimitar, etc.  

Edited by Keovar

9 hours ago, Keovar said:

I was just thinking broadsword or titan because those can be styled as a flame blade in costume settings.  I’m thinking of making a sort of avenging angel/paladin character.  It should have fire aura defense set, a flaming sword of some sort for offense, and flight for travel.  It’s important that the sword appears and is used in most combat powers.  I don’t know if the psi blade is used in all or just one of the psi melee attacks.  Is it basically inspired by Psylocke?  I’d prefer it looked similar to a broadsword rather than a katana, scimitar, etc.  

Try this.

Tanker (Fiery Aura - Broadsword).mxd

2 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Thank you very much for both of these.  The Shield/Mace Tanker "Valorous" is already started, but I'll just continue to use the early attack powers I already have to gain levels and then respec into the higher ones when I'm there.  I'm still thinking on the fiery angel/phoenix/paladin concept, but the one you put together looks good!   

• Thanks 1

I noticed the invul/ss tanker doesn't have taunt do you find yourself missing it or is tanking fine without it?

Posted (edited)

Hi there, I was curious if you've had any experience and/or success in creating a solid SS/Rad brute at all? I've been experimenting with Mids (very new to it still), and I'm wondering if there is a successful way to hit the res caps while still putting out ample damage?

Edited by Mythcreatio

12 hours ago, diefree said:

I noticed the invul/ss tanker doesn't have taunt do you find yourself missing it or is tanking fine without it?

Nah, I don't miss it - I quit Tanking with taunt years ago.  It's just a preference, and skill to be able to tank and not need it.

It's still a useful power, especially if you are newer to tanking, but I usually opt for more damage or survivability in its place now because a good aura and aoe in the right hands is all the taunt you need.

7 hours ago, Mythcreatio said:

Hi there, I was curious if you've had any experience and/or success in creating a solid SS/Rad brute at all? I've been experimenting with Mids (very new to it still), and I'm wondering if there is a successful way to hit the res caps while still putting out ample damage?

Sure, the rad part anyway but I should be able to swap in SS as the primary. 

I'll post something later for you.

3 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Sure, the rad part anyway but I should be able to swap in SS as the primary. 

I'll post something later for you.

Awesome, thanks alot! Look forward to it!

• Like 1