Emotion flypose not working

Hosstile60

I tried in game to change the pose of the character while they was in flight. For some reason even after the chat help let me know what to do, it still didn't work. I was told /em flypose1-4 so I tried like a lot. I tried off the top of my head other em's to see if was something else and they worked. I don't know if its a system glitch or just me but someone else mentioned it didn't work for them either. Any thoughts on what it might be???

Edited by Hosstile60

It works for me--I just set mine up over the weekend.  You have to be flying in autorun for the flyposes to take effect, which makes them hard to use out of the box.  When you stop moving forward, the flypose ends.

I'm currently using a keybind: 

/bind r "autorun 1$$e flypose2"     (or flypose1, flypose3, flypose4)

You'll find the keybind, as well as macro commands, at https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Guide_to_Flight_Poses.  The keybind turns on autorun the first time you press r (like normal) and then assumes the flypose the second time your press r.  (I imagine you could set up the keybind to cycle through the flyposes each time you press the key.)  The macros on this wiki page also work, as I set one of them up before I set the keybind.

Edited by FrauleinMental
  • Like 2

• 5 months later
On 6/24/2020 at 3:23 AM, Hosstile60 said:

I tried in game to change the pose of the character while they was in flight. For some reason even after the chat help let me know what to do, it still didn't work. I was told /em flypose1-4 so I tried like a lot. I tried off the top of my head other em's to see if was something else and they worked. I don't know if its a system glitch or just me but someone else mentioned it didn't work for them either. Any thoughts on what it might be???

The same thing is happening to me. I tried different commands, change the flight position to another key and nothing happens.

• Lead Game Master

The problem with the /flypose command is that it only works while you're moving, and is interrupted by pressing any other buttons.

So you have to be flying (hovering doesn't count), hit autorun (default R), then THEN type in /e flypose1 (or whatever number). While flying, steer with your mouse, as using your keyboard buttons will cancel the emote.

Edited by GM Impervium
A VERY BAD typo!
  • Like 3

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

Besides the limitations @GM Impervium mentioned, while doing some testing I found the flypose# emotes also don't work with alternate fly powers, like the temp jetpacks, Mystic Flight, etc.

Also, some toggle powers (I've noticed Ice Manipulation - Frigid Protection, so I assume more of the Blaster sustain powers may do this) will for some reason prevent flyposes from being used, needing the power in question to be de-toggled before it will allow it.

Edited by Aberrant

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

On 12/6/2020 at 8:58 PM, Jacke said:

Besides the limitations @GM Impervium mentioned, while doing some testing I found the flypose# emotes also don't work with alternate fly powers, like the temp jetpacks, Mystic Flight, etc.

My flyers all use Mystic Flight now and majority of my alts are 'flyers'.  I don't know why it's not working for you but, I don't have any issues with the flyposes.  I'd post screenshots but servers are down atm.

edit:

Mystic Flight Flypose A.jpg

Mystic Flight Flypose B.jpg

Jet Pack (from Posi TF) Flypose.jpg

Edited by Kismette
  • Thanks 2

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

@Kismet Angel/@Angel of Fate/@One Kismet - on live

Heroes on Guardian/Villains on Victory

7 hours ago, Kismette said:

My flyers all use Mystic Flight now and majority of my alts are 'flyers'.  I don't know why it's not working for you but, I don't have any issues with the flyposes.

5 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

They work with Mystic Flight.

Thanks, @Kismette and @FrauleinMental for posting.  @GM Impervium, I've found out what's interfering at least for my Dark Miasma/Radiation Blaster Defender: Shadow Fall, and only when trying to apply Flypose Emote while Shadow Fall is running.

I can run Prestige Power Surge, Dark Embrace (Darkness Mastery), Tough, and Weave.  Then (screenshots below):

1. While on Autorun 1, I can add in Flypose Emotes.
  2. I can start Shadow Fall by clicking on the icon while in the Flypose and keep it.
  3. But if the toon has Shadow Fall running already, Flypose Emotes are ignored.

screenshot_201208-23-23-59a.thumb.jpg.5424ce704072d5fbd4a6800471c5810e.jpg

screenshot_201208-23-24-09a.thumb.jpg.4fb7a107a30c8f0b81c21628bdd17a40.jpg

screenshot_201208-23-24-51a.thumb.jpg.004d31ad0148ffc68af004cdc433d094.jpg

• Like 3