Moving COH files between hard drives

Giocondi

Hello All,

I'm not super tech savvy so please excuse the question if it is asinine for you.

I want to move COH from my HDD to my SSD, is it as simple as copying the folder over? I followed the installation guide on this forum and have a games folder on my HDD drive with COH/Tequila/Vidiotmaps in it. Everything works great and I don't want to screw anything up, but any time I'm loading into a map that little voice in my head yells at me that I should be utilizing the SSD.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Just follow these steps after you've copied the folder to the SSD.

1. Open the folder.
2. Right-click any file.
3. Click Properties.
4. Copy the path next to "Location:"
5. Open regedit from Windows Search.
6. Navigate to these subkeys.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\COH\Installation Directory
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tequila\Settings\CoHPath
7. Right-click each subkey name and click Modify.
8. Paste the new path into the Edit String box and click OK.
9. Close the Registry Editor.
10. Create a new Tequila desktop shortcut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 1:31 PM, Giocondi said:

Hello All,

I'm not super tech savvy so please excuse the question if it is asinine for you.

I want to move COH from my HDD to my SSD, is it as simple as copying the folder over? I followed the installation guide on this forum and have a games folder on my HDD drive with COH/Tequila/Vidiotmaps in it. Everything works great and I don't want to screw anything up, but any time I'm loading into a map that little voice in my head yells at me that I should be utilizing the SSD.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Once you've dragged/dropped the files, then you'll need to delete the original files or your desktop links will still point to the HDD (unless you remove it). Even if you don't do the above, you can simply change the path of the existing Tequila file to that of the new one (the shortcut properties) and it will then run from the new location. The system should automatically update everything in the registry, so that aught to save some possibly dangerous territory. Tequila May want to revalidate the files after doing so depending on when you last patched.

• Like 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)