Stalker Placate/Assassine Strike help.

Solarverse

Sometimes when I placate, I can gear up and use Assassin Strike with the full effect. Other times, it's like I am not hidden at all and only get the normal Assassin Strike with the crit, without the extra strength that comes with using it from hide. It seems random on when it works with Placate and when it does not. Anyone know why this is and how I can control how to use the ability under placate conditions? I can't figure it out for the life of me what I am doing wrong here.

I am no expert. However, I believe that Placate has a hit roll. If that misses you aren't hidden. Additionally, if you placate while under other damaging effects or if being struck by another mob OR when a boss is "winding" up an attack I believe it immediately knocks you out of hidden even if placate works.

I've noticed some inconsistencies myself, and yeah there is no hit check for Placate AFAIK. My best guess is that the servers/client/something struggle with prioritizing everything that's going on, maybe struggling with how Psionic Melee mechanics work (that's what I'm playing right now)? Psi Melee has a couple DoTs as well but generally they're very quick and I haven't confirmed if they break hide or not. My other guess is I'm getting hit with something and I'm unable to properly register where it's coming from due to iffy visual and audio feedback. I have heard of others finding Psi Melee in particular feeling a tad wonky with how hide works, but nothing concrete.

I've noticed some inconsistencies myself, and yeah there is no hit check for Placate AFAIK. My best guess is that the servers/client/something struggle with prioritizing everything that's going on, maybe struggling with how Psionic Melee mechanics work (that's what I'm playing right now)? Psi Melee has a couple DoTs as well but generally they're very quick and I haven't confirmed if they break hide or not. My other guess is I'm getting hit with something and I'm unable to properly register where it's coming from due to iffy visual and audio feedback. I have heard of others finding Psi Melee in particular feeling a tad wonky with how hide works, but nothing concrete.

My Stalker is Electric Melee. So we can at least rule out dots as being the culprit. I used to play as Spines on live, and PvPed heavily with him. The mechanics of a Stalker was something I was very proficient in, I had to be as a PvPer, and dots were a factor with that, but all that does is allow the player you placated to target you again before the placate duration ended. Dots do not take you out of hide status though. You stay in Hide status unless you take damage. Even a defuff wont bring you out of hide. It has to be damage. So we can rule both of those out at least.

The server prioritizing could be a thing though...as of right now, to the best of my knowledge, there is no way to verify or debunk this one. So this remains a possible.

P.S. This is happening in PvE, as I have yet to be able to experience this in PvP, due to the fact that I have yet to PvP on this version of the game.

If I had to use an educated guess, I would say that it has something to do with us now being able to use A.S. even out of hide, and the system does an out of hide crit check before checking the Assassin Strike from hide, and if the crit check from out of hide goes through, you will not get your Assassin Strike from hide, but instead get the crit from out of hide instead. If the crit check fails, then you get your Assassin Strike from hide damage. Could be a flow in the coding for the mechanic itself.

This is just an educated guess though.