Waiting for Freerunning

Zepp

The amazing dual purpose travel powers from the origin pool sets are amazing. And the best are yet to come, with Fly+Afterburner in Gadgetry and Super Speed + Super Jump in Utility Belt. I understand with the C-Poc that updates are not going to happen soon, but I was wondering which was next on the table, and which one posters here are most looking forward to.

But, always at a double purpose, I was also wondering what people thought about ways to make the focused travel powers competitive with the origin travel powers?

• Like 3

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

• Definitely hoping Utility Belt is next but I'm eager for Gadgetry as well.  I have a lot of toons who will see respecs when these sets come out.  Vote 1 for Utility Belt.
    • Speaking of Utility Belt - random thing.  I keep seeing mention of people talking about a "long knockdown" from Bolas.  I don't get where people see this.  The description from the wiki is "You hurl a pair of bolas at your target entangling them and rendering them immobilized. For the duration of the effect the target may become knocked down." Which reads to me more like "everyone has a global proc against this immobilized target to trigger a knockdown."
  • Shoring up focused travel powers?  I've been coming around to this notion that the buy-in to a particular pool is itself a benefit for any given pool power.  The fact that Super Jump shares a pool with Combat Jumping is a benefit over Mighty Leap, for example.  This advantage gets amplified any time the "requires 2+ powers" picks are actually... good. 
    So!  My list of improvements is mostly improvements to the buy-in of the rest of the pool those travel powers belong to.  In short, improve the appeal of the original travel powers by making it worth being one of your four pool choices.
    • Acrobatics needs something additional.  Don't even care what.
    • We've talked Teleport to death but one thing I've never seen suggested: A way for the user to teleport to target ally.  Reverse-Recall Friend.  This would greatly increase the utility of the rest of the set if I could TP to my Superspeeding friend and then recall the rest of my party to us.
    • Flight is a good pool.  I honestly like everything just the way it is.  Even Afterburner.
    • I made some suggestions re: Whirlwind recently that I think would be wonderful for helping Super Speed compete with Speed of Sound.
  • I am still a proponent of making Phase Shift into a travel power.  Remove the duration cap (replace with bigger dings to Endurance if it's really necessary), and give the user a move speed and jump height bonus -- NOT jump speed, or at least not much.  The goal is to make it feel floaty, like you're out of... phase with the planet.
    • I'm also no longer convinced that all travel powers need to come online at the same level 4.  We will eventually have 8 options for level 4  travel powers and many people just Ninja Run until their 20s anyway.  So no, I don't think the reqs would need to change for this Phase Shift suggestion.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Replacement said:
  • Speaking of Utility Belt - random thing.  I keep seeing mention of people talking about a "long knockdown" from Bolas.  I don't get where people see this.  The description from the wiki is "You hurl a pair of bolas at your target entangling them and rendering them immobilized. For the duration of the effect the target may become knocked down." Which reads to me more like "everyone has a global proc against this immobilized target to trigger a knockdown."

My guess is it borrows from Ice Patch / Freezing Rain.   Periodically anyone on an ice patch can flop down to the ground.  I think Bolas will work liek that, except single target, not an ice patch.  but for the duration off the effect a *chance* and maybe not that great of one, to fall down.