Theory-Crafting Challenge: Using a Dam/Mez Hami (Peroxisome)

r0y

I love doing Hami Raids, and part of that is to satiate what little gambling addiction I may have.  I'll select the Hamidon Origin reward for one of the two runs, and very rarely (as it should be) I get something worth keeping or selling.  Usually, I get "meh" but occasionally, I'll get that one Hami that I really cannot imagine where I'd use it in a build:  the Peroxisome (Dam/Mez).

So, I was racking my remaining two brain cells trying to think... if I HAD to use it, where would I use it?   Maybe a single-target hold, that is only 1-slotted (one that has high native accuracy) like Dominate?  Eh... not really.   Some Aura?  Definitely not.

So I thought I'd put this out there, seeing how *someone* was able to "score" one off the AH for 2,000inf (hahaha, sucker)... whatever for?

Any idea where one would use a Dam/Mez?  I mean, outside of a SO/HO only build, I guess...

My best answer:  It's a temporary slot for a new player who just hit 50 and can't afford whatever they *really* want in the power.

I've ran Dam/mez HOs in dominate and char on dominators when I'm using them as part of my attack chain.  Slotted with 4 procs 2 Dmg/Mez HOs while running musculature.  Gets you to around 110% damage enhancement while having a decent hold duration.  Other than really specific situations like that I don't find them useful.

edit: slotted like that because I had enough global accuracy and tohit to skip on accuracy enhancements

Edited by josh1622
  • Like 3

A Peroxisome (and/or its Acc/Mez sibling) goes smashingly in the Lich for any necro/secondary mastermind. Almost all my builds use them, especially since one of the ATO sets only requires 2 slots for a 10% recharge bonus once catalyzed.

Edited by Nyghtmaire
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

On 9/7/2019 at 6:30 PM, Redlynne said:

Level 2:    Dominate    
HamiO: Peroxisome Exposure (+2 Dam/Mez)
Devastation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
Devastation - Chance of Hold
Lockdown - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold
Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold

On 3/30/2020 at 9:41 PM, Redlynne said:

Level 1:    Crush    
Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
Winter's Bite - Recharge/Chance for -Speed & -Recharge

Level 4:    Gravity Distortion    
Devastation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
Devastation - Chance of Hold
Lockdown - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold
Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold

Level 32:    Singularity    
Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage
Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance
Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
Expedient Reinforcement - Resist Bonus Aura for Pets
Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up

On 5/22/2020 at 9:38 PM, Redlynne said:

Level 18:    Incandescent Strike    
Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
Superior Blistering Cold - Recharge/Chance for Hold
Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance
Superior Entomb - Recharge/Chance for +Absorb

On 5/16/2020 at 4:02 PM, Redlynne said:

Level 18:    Gravity Well    
Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
Superior Blistering Cold - Recharge/Chance for Hold
Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance
Superior Entomb - Recharge/Chance for +Absorb

Single target Hold powers (melee or ranged) are the best places to put Dam/Mez HOs (although the Blistering Cold set will tend to be more expensive for melee powers).

They're also good for Pets that apply more than one mez status effect (Hold, Immobilize, etc.), since the HO will boost the duration on all of those various effects, not just a single type.  That's why I like using it for Singularity, which does both Hold and Immobilize attacks.

So Dam/Mez HOs are my "go to" frankenslotting option for any single target Hold power that does damage.

Hold powers that don't do damage often times get 4 slots of Basilisk's Gaze.

The counterpart Acc/Mez HO can be useful as a One Slot Wonder™ option for mez powers that only get a single slot, or for powers that you want to proc monster which can apply different mez effects.

On 4/8/2020 at 8:16 PM, Redlynne said:

Level 20:    Suppressive Fire    
HamiO: Endoplasm Exposure (+2 Acc/Mez)
Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
Gladiator's Net - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
Neuronic Shutdown - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
Decimation - Chance of Build Up

Suppressive Fire will natively deal either a Stun effect (Standard Ammo) or a Hold effect (Cryogenic, Incendiary or Chemical Ammo) ... so the only way to enhance both Stun AND Hold durations in a single enhancement is to use either an Acc/Mez HO or a Dam/Mez HO.

Also, just in case you hadn't noticed, HOs can be combined just like SOs up to +2 above their base Level (hence the notation on the above linked builds).

Edited by Redlynne
  • Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Dam/Mezzx2 works quite well in pets like singularity, because you only have a few slots to boost everything you want.

In single target holds it works well if you want to use them as an attack, although holds have great set bonuses so you miss out on them. 
My Defenders with Char/Dominate tend to run 4x the epic hold set (with proc), another damage proc, and the entombed absorb proc. It gives the hold good durations and you get damage from the procs plus a good shield (about 200 at 50). No damage/mezz though sorry. 

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

I think @Redlynne hit the nail on the head:  Frankenslotting.   Yeah, I think I was going the "only 1 slot" route, as I don't really Frankenslot much (if at all) - except proc-monstering, ofc.

I love Singularity, but I have it bizarrely-slotted:  2xStupefy + 2xKinetic Crash + 2xForce Feedback.   I think I was going for +speed (he hovers when fighting, I like to hover near fly cap).  Think I'll save my next Acc/Mez and Dam/Mez and play around with re-slotting him.

Ever do that?  You have a toon from a while ago, and you look at its slotting and think, "WTF was I doing?" - it's not often, but sometimes I'll see an older toon like that.  😉

• Like 1

12 hours ago, r0y said:

Ever do that?  You have a toon from a while ago, and you look at its slotting and think, "WTF was I doing?"

Almost every time I revisit an old character.  Worst thing is when it's something really minor but it nags at you to respec.  I've shifted towards slotting way more procs so even though my old builds are decent I'm constantly changing them.

Edited by josh1622
  • Haha 1