Make Snipes Actually Instant Like They Used to be

Personally I prefer the new fixed animations. The old ones always felt broken to me, with there being half the power's animation cut out so you just pop from idle to firing with no intervening movement between.

And some of them used to do strange things when flying too. If you were moving when you fired it, it didn't animate at all.

Also, that comparison where you delay the power a moment. Do that again without delaying it, using the new animations here. I think you'll find the damage still goes through even if the enemy hibernates before it actually hits - unless something's changed, hit/miss/unaffected are all checked at the start of the animation regardless of when the damage actually lands.

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

On 7/6/2020 at 4:08 PM, Biosphere said:

Here's a situation where it matters. Let's say you have an enemy that has some move they're going to pop like MoG or PFF or Hibernate. With the old instant damage you could bypass that if you were good enough.

It doesn’t work like that. The results of a power are determined at the moment of activation, and in your first example the fast snipe hits because you activated it before the enemy activated Hibernate. Your second example doesn’t hit the enemy because you yourself delayed activating the power, which gave the enemy the chance to bring up Hibernate first. If you were to repeat the test with an actual modern fast snipe, activating it ASAP as in the first test instead of you delaying the activation of the power to “simulate” it, the attack would still land.

Edited by Vanden
  • Thanks 2