Aspiring Sentinel Seeks Advice on Psi/Dark/Psi

ThrillMill

So here's the thing. My understanding of the AT is in its infancy and I'd absolutely love for one of you Sent Sages to have a look-see at this here abomination I've created. Cut it open and lemme know here I went wrong. Thank You. 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Psychic Blast
Secondary Power Set: Dark Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(5)
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(7), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Ags-ResDam(9), UnbGrd-Max HP%(50)
Level 2: Tenebrous Regeneration -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(9), Prv-Absorb%(11)
Level 4: Murky Cloud -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(11), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Ags-ResDam(13)
Level 6: Will Domination -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(17), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(48)
Level 8: Psychic Focus -- GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(A), GssSynFr--Build%(19)
Level 10: Obsidian Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(19), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Ags-Psi/Status(21), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23), UnbLea-Stlth(50), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Obscure Sustenance -- TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(A), TchoftheN-Heal(23)
Level 18: Psionic Tornado -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(25), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Rgn-Knock%(27)
Level 20: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(29)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-ResDam(29), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(31), GldArm-3defTpProc(31)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 26: Scramble Thoughts -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Apc-Acc/Rchg(33), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Apc-Dam%(34)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(46)
Level 35: Oppressive Gloom -- AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(A)
Level 38: Mind Probe -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(43)
Level 41: Dominate -- GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(A), GldJvl-Dam%(42), NrnSht-Dam%(42), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(42), UnbCns-Dam%(43), GldNet-Dam%(43)
Level 44: Psychic Shockwave -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Rchg(45), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Arm-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Link Minds -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Opportunity 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(40), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(40)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(37)
------------

Edited by ThrillMill

You could probably get away with lowering Mind Probe to 5 slots and putting the spare slot into Hasten.  That would shift the cooldown from 155s to 132.  Add some boosters and it will go down a bit more.  

What Alpha slot where you wanting to go for?  There are a few options like Cardiac to address resistance and endurance or some other creative options.  

You don't need the Aegis Unique since you're capped on Psi Resistance and your actual resistance to status is fairly high.  That's resistance, not protection.  Speaking of, you've got 3 KB/KD protection just due to the PvP set.  I sometimes it a little higher, but that's just something to think about.  

The 5pc ATO set in TK Blast would get you more melee/smashing/lethal defense.  You could move a slot from Obsidian Shield to handle that.  You could keep the KB/KD IO that way if you want. 

Edited by oldskool
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kiramon said:

Why the kismet? The only thing that can't reliable hit +3 is Oppressive Gloom, and you could just take the kismet out and slot OG with 2x Endoplasm 😜

I always forget about Hami//Synth IO's! Are Endo's currently expensive? I'm at work and can't check. 

1 hour ago, oldskool said:

You could probably get away with lowering Mind Probe to 5 slots and putting the spare slot into Hasten.  That would shift the cooldown from 155s to 132.  Add some boosters and it will go down a bit more.  

What Alpha slot where you wanting to go for?  There are a few options like Cardiac to address resistance and endurance or some other creative options.  

You don't need the Aegis Unique since you're capped on Psi Resistance and your actual resistance to status is fairly high.  That's resistance, not protection.  Speaking of, you've got 3 KB/KD protection just due to the PvP set.  I sometimes it a little higher, but that's just something to think about.  

The 5pc ATO set in TK Blast would get you more melee/smashing/lethal defense.  You could move a slot from Obsidian Shield to handle that.  You could keep the KB/KD IO that way if you want. 

Excelleo! I'll take out that Aegis slot and send it over to Oppressive Gloom, remove one from Mind Probe and slot it over to Hasten. I think I'll take out the Gift of Winter 20% slow resist in SJ and give myself a -KB IO from Zeyphr. Thank you for the feed back. 

Just now, kiramon said:

Like 4M on the high end.... 

Affordable for a man of my limited means. 

Just out of curiosity; any chance you pilot either a farming Brute on Torchbearer or Kin? I only ask as I run both but find solo farming so horrifically boring that I require some company. This toon isn't gonna fund itself! NO worries if you have no interest in this kind of thing. 

Just now, ThrillMill said:

Affordable for a man of my limited means. 

Just out of curiosity; any chance you pilot either a farming Brute on Torchbearer or Kin? I only ask as I run both but find solo farming so horrifically boring that I require some company. This toon isn't gonna fund itself! NO worries if you have no interest in this kind of thing. 

I actually do farm (pretty much nonstop) on TB every day. But my farming once in a farm is pretty sporadic -- sometimes i watch movies and just afk farm, sometimes I work and afk farm - sometimes I actually try. So I might not be the bestest farming buddy for someone that's looking for cash fast 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kiramon said:

I actually do farm (pretty much nonstop) on TB every day. But my farming once in a farm is pretty sporadic -- sometimes i watch movies and just afk farm, sometimes I work and afk farm - sometimes I actually try. So I might not be the bestest farming buddy for someone that's looking for cash fast 

No pressure. Do you feel comfortable giving me your global to see if we could ever synch up? Again, no worries if you can't. 

5 hours ago, ThrillMill said:

Another way to get inf is to do ITF, Market Crash, Tin Mage/Apex. With the right team, it becomes a nice balance of casual chat and just the right amount of difficulty to remain interesting. One run averages me about 16mil, excluding salvage, IOs for converting and flipping (with an occasional purple drop).

@ThrillMill, if you enjoy Psi, I urge you to try a Fortunata. Very stronk and IMHO realises the full potential of Psi. While I love Sentinels, my Psi Sent was eclipsed by my Fort. It's a rather late bloomer, though, and quite a slog to level up; but really shines in the higher levels. And if you've got the funds for it, Forts can slot a buttload of purple IOs. Just a suggestion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Six Six said:

Another way to get inf is to do ITF, Market Crash, Tin Mage/Apex. With the right team, it becomes a nice balance of casual chat and just the right amount of difficulty to remain interesting. One run averages me about 16mil, excluding salvage, IOs for converting and flipping (with an occasional purple drop).

@ThrillMill, if you enjoy Psi, I urge you to try a Fortunata. Very stronk and IMHO realises the full potential of Psi. While I love Sentinels, my Psi Sent was eclipsed by my Fort. It's a rather late bloomer, though, and quite a slog to level up; but really shines in the higher levels. And if you've got the funds for it, Forts can slot a buttload of purple IOs. Just a suggestion.

I will give forts a go after the Sent is completed. Always wanted to try a VEAT. 

On 7/7/2020 at 8:20 PM, ThrillMill said:

I will give forts a go after the Sent is completed. Always wanted to try a VEAT. 

I will say that it's true -- Fortunatas really do have the Psi feel down. It's pretty great 🙂

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kiramon said:

I will say that it's true -- Fortunatas really do have the Psi feel down. It's pretty great 🙂

How does it play. I'm looking at the powers and see a lot of single target ranged attacks, a cone and a PBAoE. Is it best to dart in and out of combat with it? Did y'all take the Leadership pool to stack with Tactical Powers? 

41 minutes ago, ThrillMill said:

How does it play. I'm looking at the powers and see a lot of single target ranged attacks, a cone and a PBAoE. Is it best to dart in and out of combat with it? Did y'all take the Leadership pool to stack with Tactical Powers? 

You just go in. You don't zip in and out. You open with cones, go in, kill things. Jump into a spawn, Wail and kill the whole group. Move to the next group, mass confuse them, kill. etc etc.

Fast paced, fun, lethal. Mix in follow up and pew pew. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kiramon said:

You just go in. You don't zip in and out. You open with cones, go in, kill things. Jump into a spawn, Wail and kill the whole group. Move to the next group, mass confuse them, kill. etc etc.

Fast paced, fun, lethal. Mix in follow up and pew pew. 

Cowabunga it is!