Why so few EA Scrappers?

Saikochoro

1 minute ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I don't grok the EA love. By the numbers it looks awesome but it's always felt so clunky to me. Or maybe I've got hold-over bias from back when it was released and REALLY sucked.

I think it's the latter.  Most of the time, the only clickie I need is Energize.  Once in a while I'll use Energy Drain in a tough battle, but rarely needed.  I have a Radiation Melee/Energy Aura Brute with Speed of Sound, letting the Brute maintain the full mag 4 taunt.  I find it hilarious that I have a Brute with full stealth between Energy Cloak and a stealth proc in Power Slide, and maintains full mag 4 taunt.  Stealthy Brute FTW.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

I enjoy EA but am determined to not keep dipping into that well. 

But darn it, I  Rad Melee/EA keeps whispering to me!

If you use Speed of Sound instead of Super Speed (or don’t take either but why would you do a crazy thing like that), it has the most amount of aggro a Brute can get between the -recharge debuff aura, Irradiated Ground, Fury, and Taunt.  A Tanker that uses Super Speed will be able to out aggro you, but only if they work for it.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Apparition said:

I think it's the latter.  Most of the time, the only clickie I need is Energize.  Once in a while I'll use Energy Drain in a tough battle, but rarely needed.  I have a Radiation Melee/Energy Aura Brute with Speed of Sound, letting the Brute maintain the full mag 4 taunt.  I find it hilarious that I have a Brute with full stealth between Energy Cloak and a stealth proc in Power Slide, and maintains full mag 4 taunt.  Stealthy Brute FTW.

Was going to say the same thing.  Not clunky in my experience compared to most other sets.  I'd probably only rate invuln or willpower as clearly "easier to use".  One click every 30 seconds or so (if you even need it that often which honestly I usually don't).  Not that much different than having mez protection on a click and a lot of times less crucial.   I definitely don't feel the need to have energize on auto, so hasten is free to keep as your auto power which makes it smoother to me than SR, shield, or Ninjitsu.

As said, energy drain is kinda optional, it is so easy to softcap without it.  I use it more often as an emergency endurance refill if I get drained or something, or maybe as a little bit of a defense debuff buffer on occasion.  

• Like 2