Zone Mission Arc Min Level Requirements

krj12

I was recently playing a new character through the Rikti War Zone arc, and was a bit annoyed by one aspect of the mission arcs... the fact that you can't continue from one contact to another uninterrupted.

Note:   This is with double experience on, and actually killing most of the mobs in the missions.

What I'm finding is that there is usually a 2 to 3 character level gap in between contacts.   For example,  I finished Levantara's arc, I'm at level 37.  Now I have to get to 40 to start Drummer's.  I'd prefer to continue

uninterrupted, without having to do multiple levels of other content to catch up.

Suggestion:  Loosen up the minimum level reqs in between contacts,  OR

increase the mission completions bonuses to compensate,   OR

have no min level req after completing the first arc.

• Like 1

A TF or MSR will clear that right up, and there is tons of other content for 35+.  They even tell you to talk to Borea for extra missions.

This used to be the norm--you'd run out the contacts in each level band a couple of levels before the next level band.  It would happen even at low levels, and I recall it being particularly bad in the 30s, when the increased XP needed per level became apparent.  There was a lot of street sweeping involved, so you'd see a lot of characters on the streets.  But that was even before the Police Radio.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

This used to be the norm--you'd run out the contacts in each level band a couple of levels before the next level band.  It would happen even at low levels, and I recall it being particularly bad in the 30s, when the increased XP needed per level became apparent.  There was a lot of street sweeping involved, so you'd see a lot of characters on the streets.  But that was even before the Police Radio.

It was also fairly common to form teams to help other people finish their missions, even when you'd already done said mission, just to get more XP yourself to ding up to the next tier.

It also allowed for a nice diversion to do some radio missions and get the mayhem / safeguard for that level range, back before it was possible to unlock them via Villain Disruptor / Hero Slayer.

• Like 1

Some others have essentially suggested to do other content but I understand your pain. You're in the zone, enjoying a story, getting immersed, and then... you have to abandon your story to do a different story and then go back to the story you were already doing? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me with the current state of games. I think the level requirements, both min and max, should be heavily relaxed. I understand your pain but I also have much more trouble with outleveling contacts that I want to do. If my character is destined to be Talos Island's greatest savior (from a headcanon standpoint), that character should be able to do all of the contacts for Talos Island instead of getting forced out of the zone.

I'm not big on the idea of relaxing the level ranges of content. 

I freely admit, I say this iwth an ulterior motive / something I'm trying to protect.  I really don't enjoy lvl 50 teams where everyone is incarnated.  It's too much overkill, everything dies instantly, you could replace half (or more!) of the team with a potted plant, and no one would even notice.  And I think if you could do any mission at lvl 50, it would rapidly become EXPECTED that everyone did content at level 50, and it would be few and far between to find people who would actually want to exemplar down.

That said.  Just the same way you get Auto-Exemplar'd if you join a TF or Ouroborus arc, I would be perfectly fine with a lvl 15 character going up to a lvl 30 contact and being automatically sidekicked up to the minimum level range needed for that contact's missions.  This would still let you do your content on demand without the "You must be at least this tall for this ride" pain.  But it would still ensure that missions were done at proper content levels. 

Edited by MTeague