My Crab takes a lot of damage

My crab is at 48% Melee/Ranged/AoE and 60% resist all but still can take a beating. Watching the combat attrib, seems to be from Def Debuffs. 

I guess my question is Ageless with debuff protection the way to go? I thought maybe the regen would be helpful from Rebirth (and it is), but not sure if the debuff protection would be more valuable in tankiness? I guess I could go Support Hybrid too instead of Assault for 8% more def?

Edited by kiramon

1 hour ago, kiramon said:

My crab is at 48% Melee/Ranged/AoE and 60% resist all but still can take a beating. Watching the combat attrib, seems to be from Def Debuffs. 

I guess my question is Ageless with debuff protection the way to go? I thought maybe the regen would be helpful from Rebirth (and it is), but not sure if the debuff protection would be more valuable in tankiness? I guess I could go Support Hybrid too instead of Assault for 8% more def?

I go Support Hybrid and Rebirth Destiny, but you are right that defense debuffs are killer on Crabs.  No debuff resists definitely hurts, both for defense and endurance debuffs. 

Some options I have found are effective include: 

- Keep an extra purple in your tray, just in case you see a cascade starting.

- Keep the enemy from attacking you.  You should have plenty of soft control options.  Knockback/down in Frag, plenty of places for the Ragnarok proc, the Dominion ATO fear proc which works really well in AoEs.  

- Nuke them down before the debuffs matter.  If you line it up right, your opening salvo should wipe a lot of a spawn so that only a few Lts and Bosses are even standing.  If you've only got 4 enemies left, it's tough for them to cascade.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2020 at 3:27 PM, Omega-202 said:

- Keep the enemy from attacking you.  You should have plenty of soft control options.  Knockback/down in Frag, plenty of places for the Ragnarok proc, the Dominion ATO fear proc which works really well in AoEs.  

I always think it's worth looking at controller builds that make capable tanks and take a few hints from how they run things. Keep the status effects coming and very little will lay a scratch on you. The only reason I can tank on my widow is the fact that I apply constant pressure on enemies and lock down what I need to.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

• 4 weeks later

I dont understand how yall are having survival problems.  I have a bit better defense (not much, 52% ranged).  Smaller resistances (not 60% across the board).  I think I died twice during TF runs.

That said I pushed heavy on recharge and HPs, serum is perma.  So hps are often capped when it stacks on iteself.  So well over 2000, and capped like 2500.  Even when defense fails, still got 45% to 70% resists and lots of HPs.  This one is petless, but I think I have a similar pet build.

Its got room to improve as well.  I took SJ and SS.  Was obsessed at the time with getting to missions ASAP for timed TFs.  If you can drop SJ and or SS to fit your playstyle you have an extra power.

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

My spidah build: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Soldier
Primary Power Set: Crab Spider Soldier
Secondary Power Set: Crab Spider Training
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Slice -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 1: Wolf Spider Armor -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(3), UnbGrd-ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(23)
Level 2: Crab Spider Armor Upgrade -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), ImpArm-ResPsi(17), Ags-ResDam(19), Ags-Psi/Status(34), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(34)
Level 4: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(5), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(7)
Level 6: Combat Training: Defensive -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), Rct-ResDam%(7), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(9), ShlWal-Def(9), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(11)
Level 8: Super Jump -- HO:Micro(A)
Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(11), LucoftheG-Def(13)
Level 12: Venom Grenade -- SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(17), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 14: Super Speed -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 16: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Tactics -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(36), RctRtc-Pcptn(36)
Level 20: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--ToHit(21), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(21)
Level 22: Aim -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(27), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Build%(46), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(48)
Level 24: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 26: Fortification -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(27), GldArm-ResDam(40), GldArm-End/Res(40), GldArm-RechRes(43)
Level 28: Serum -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(29), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(31), Prv-Absorb%(31)
Level 30: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33), LucoftheG-Def(33)
Level 32: Omega Maneuver -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(39), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(50)
Level 35: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Mace Blast -- Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Dmg(40), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Dam%(43)
Level 41: Frenzy -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Arm-Acc/Rchg(48), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Arm-Dam%(50)
Level 44: Shatter Armor -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Hct-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Conditioning 
Level 1: Sprint -- HO:Micro(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- RgnTss-Regen+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(25)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(34), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(37)
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 0: Marshal 
Level 50: Agility Partial Core Revamp 
------------
------------

Edited by RageusQuitus2

• 2 weeks later

One thing I have noticed is that most crabber builds stop at around 60% res, when 85% is the cap. You can go that high, but I only focused on S/L res that high, but my fire/cold still ended up in the high 70s. I found changing my alpha from Agility to Resilient made a big difference too. Not just in resistances, but also from my Web Grenade duration. (I run mace mastery) Long enough that I can keep things perma-webbed if I like, and just shoot them all en masse. But yes, did find going higher on resistances made a world of difference, but you are going to make a few sacrifices getting there.

37 minutes ago, Neiska said:

One thing I have noticed is that most crabber builds stop at around 60% res, when 85% is the cap. You can go that high, but I only focused on S/L res that high, but my fire/cold still ended up in the high 70s. I found changing my alpha from Agility to Resilient made a big difference too. Not just in resistances, but also from my Web Grenade duration. (I run mace mastery) Long enough that I can keep things perma-webbed if I like, and just shoot them all en masse. But yes, did find going higher on resistances made a world of difference, but you are going to make a few sacrifices getting there.

But when you're defense softcapped and have perma-Serum, 50-60% resists should be more than enough for 99% of the game's content.  You need to really squeeze a lot of IO bonuses or use Resilient Alpha to get your self up to 85% naturally.  If you feel that's needed for your play style, then go ahead, but not taking Musculature alpha always feels like an inefficient choice when the current state of the game is all about damage.  

When Blasters are tanking AVs in the current metagame, with a fraction of a Crab's defensive stats, I don't feel like there's any reason a Crab should need build so heavily towards resiliency.  

EDIT: Also, getting from 60% to 85% is easy in non-build related methods.  A single Sonic or Thermal teammate will get you there.  Cimeroran Citizen day job gets you another 5% across the board.  A Mutation or Fortune can tack on another 5% if you're lucky and get the right ones.  Empowerment base buffs get you more as well.  My "naturally 60% resists" can be 85% with a small amout of prep.  

Edited by Omega-202

@Omega-202- a great response, and thank you for that. And I agree that softcapping defenses and perma-serum is nice too. I didnt mean to infer that one way or another was better/superior, only that I made some tweaks and changes, and I personally enjoy it. Would post my own setup but I don't have access to it right this second. (typing from work.) 

My main focuses were -

-both solo and team play.

-being able to farm if I like. (I am aware that crabbers arent really built to farm, but its entirely possible. Not for money but for veteran levels/emp merits. But its decent money too.)

-I tried juggling the support/barrier/inspires and so on. And it felt unrelialable, or any time I was caught flat footed, they would find holes. And not to mention -defense/resist debuffs, which I notice have a lot less effect on me now.

Only meant to highlight a different style of crab that I don't see often, which I had much better results with, and one that I personally found more enjoyable to play. I mean I can put my frenzy on autocast and go afk on a map and farm with my crabber on the hardest 4/8 difficulty. It may not be the fastest, but she "can" do it, when I don't think other crabbers would even have that option.

Sometimes its just nice to be def/res capped and not have to worry about it, and be able to focus on other things! I enjoy different playmodes too, such as being able to get into melee if I want to, or web stuff and debuff them/chew them all down with grenades and suppression, or even pop all my pets like other crabbers. For me the best part of the build is I never feel rushed, or paniced, or like I am getting over whelmed suddenly even I'm getting swarmed with 16 mobs. Which on the other setup, I would be.

And you are certianly right in that I had to squeeze a lot of IO stuff out to get there. My own serum is only 4 slotted. But with my defenses thats certianly been enough so far. You would also do more damage too. But, I have other activities I can do, such as keep things permawebbed, or even AFK farm, which I have "never" been able to do on a crabber before.

So, neither one is wrong! I only wanted to help share what I changed with the OP to make my crabber much better (for me at least!)

Best wishes!

On 8/21/2020 at 6:35 AM, RageusQuitus2 said:

I dont understand how yall are having survival problems.  I have a bit better defense (not much, 52% ranged).  Smaller resistances (not 60% across the board).  I think I died twice during TF runs.

That said I pushed heavy on recharge and HPs, serum is perma.  So hps are often capped when it stacks on iteself.  So well over 2000, and capped like 2500.  Even when defense fails, still got 45% to 70% resists and lots of HPs.  This one is petless, but I think I have a similar pet build.

Its got room to improve as well.  I took SJ and SS.  Was obsessed at the time with getting to missions ASAP for timed TFs.  If you can drop SJ and or SS to fit your playstyle you have an extra power.

Well since the numbers literally don't lie, pretty sure we'd be in the same survivability boat 😜 

1 hour ago, kiramon said:

Well since the numbers literally don't lie, pretty sure we'd be in the same survivability boat 😜 

Except there's more to survivability than just def and res values.  Playstyle, damage output, use of soft control effects and pet management are all huge factors for Crab survivability.  

Between a 50%def/70% resist Crab with no KD, no pets and mediocre damage and a Crab with 40%def/55% resist, great damage, solid KD proc usage and kitted out pets, my money would be on the second one surviving more often than the first.  

7 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

Except there's more to survivability than just def and res values.  Playstyle, damage output, use of soft control effects and pet management are all huge factors for Crab survivability.  

Between a 50%def/70% resist Crab with no KD, no pets and mediocre damage and a Crab with 40%def/55% resist, great damage, solid KD proc usage and kitted out pets, my money would be on the second one surviving more often than the first.  

That's cool, but I'll assume we're both clicking powers, including having KD procs etc. Playstyle, I think has a lot more to do with it than anything. I'm a bit more reckless than most, and expect more than most in those contexts, I'd wager. So that's probably where it lies when someone says "I don't get the survivability difference."  

In the context of the thread, I was trying to see why the numbers weren't working out as well as they would seem, which I'll attribute to defense debuffs. I'm not discrediting the effects of using other parts of the kit, but it's not really that part I'm concerned about. I get your PoV here, though.

On 9/1/2020 at 8:25 AM, Omega-202 said:

No pets, damage is meh and no kd in my build and it only dies when i dip into a second large daiquiri.  Seriously considering taking provoke and reworking as a "tank".

11 hours ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

No pets, damage is meh and no kd in my build and it only dies when i dip into a second large daiquiri.  Seriously considering taking provoke and reworking as a "tank".

I've fooled around with a Soldier build that mimics a Tank: aggro-grabber, high resists+, team buffs... but I didn't enjoy playing that version of the character at all. This was an alternate build used on a Crab that I already had at lvl 50. Even taking this toon through lower level content I found it unsatisfactory. The damage output was terrible, and it wasn't particularly good at 'tanking'. I found that the original other builds I had were better at protecting squishy teammates and clearing rooms solo.

Full disclosure so folks can understand what the 'last straw' was for that particular build: It was a Citadel TF. From my PoV, there are two ways a 'tank' (exemplared) can work those missions on a team of 8. The first is more 'classic': advance with the slow-moving part of the team, keep aggro in those multi-spawn rooms. The second is that full-kit tank can survive dashing past all the spawns to get to the objectives, and either defeat the spawns near the objectives or hold off those spawns so that another stealthy character can complete them. I found that my build was far inferior to other ATs at each of those approaches.

12 hours ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

The issue with trying to "tank" on a VEAT is the same issue that Scrappers face: you might be beefy enough, but your threat modifier just isn't high enough to properly draw and hold aggro.  

Even with provoke, with only a 2/0.85 modifier, any Brute or Tank on the team is going to peel aggro from you easily and its also not going to be enough to stop runners 100% of the time.  You'll bleed aggro to squishies too, since Provoke has a 5 target cap.  

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Threat

So you can build to be "tanky" but you'll struggle to "tank".  If you want to be an alpha soaker, you're better off focusing on damage and building to your strengths than trying to fit a round peg in a square hole.  

So based on my earlier build post.  I can offer a bit of support/good debuff, a bit of damage, and very hard to kill.  I dont want to vary to much from that (because i have alot of expensive io's invested).

Any suggestions/minor tweaks.  Maybe a more damage focused?  I mean i have a fire fire blaster so i kinda think the damage will feel meh.  I have an mm so the pet build felt meh.  Thats how i ended up here.  Jack of all trades master of none seems a crabs role.

Edited by RageusQuitus2

29 minutes ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

So based on my earlier build post.  I can offer a bit of support/good debuff, a bit of damage, and very hard to kill.  I dont want to vary to much from that (alot of expensive io's).

Any suggestions?  Maybe a more damage focused?  I mean i have a fire fire blaster so i kinda think the damage will feel meh.  I have an mm so the pet build felt meh.  Thats how i ended up here.  Jack of all trades master of none seems a crabs role.

A well played and built Crab isn't "jack of all trades master of none".  They are "master or runner up in all trades but healing and CC".

(A) When you lean on Venom Grenade, your personal damage is similar to a Blaster.  1.0 scale damage with a constant 20% resist debuff on a Crab is comparable to a 1.125 scale on a Blaster.  

(B) While you can't control the pets, there's an old thread from back in the day that showed that a Crab's 6 (including the Mace spider) beats the DPS of both Mercs and Zombie MM's pets alone.  I believe that still holds true.  So, (A) + (B) already has Blaster level damage added to pets that beats 1/3 of MM sets.

(C) You have personal protection of softcap defenses and 50-60% resists, with the potential of perma-Serum.  Most Scrapper and Brute builds don't hit those numbers.  Not to mention, when on a team that boosts resists further, or when playing with temp boosts, you can get to 85% resists, just short of the Tank/Brute cap.  Yes, not Tank levels, but basically second best, in the same ballpark as some Brute builds.  

(D) Passively, without spending any animation time or thought, you're also providing ~20% defense to your team.  That's better than anything outside of a FF user is providing, and they have to make sure to refresh their bubbles. Add on 15 or 30% damage and 10%+ tohit, depending on your build.  

As to what you want to do with your build...up to you.  It's possible that Crabs aren't your thing if it's not clicking.  But based on your comments about damage and pets, I don't feel like you've given either aspect its due, and maybe you should explore investing in those further.  

Edited by Omega-202

This was my pets build probably a bit better damage.  If yall have any suggestions to increase damage output without sacrificing survival and increasing the fun level lemme know.

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25

My spidah build: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Soldier
Power Pool: Leaping

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Channelgun -- Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 1: Wolf Spider Armor -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(3), UnbGrd-ResDam(5)
Level 2: Crab Spider Armor Upgrade -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam(17), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(19)
Level 4: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(5), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(7)
Level 6: Combat Training: Defensive -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), Rct-ResDam%(7), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(9), ShlWal-Def(9), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(11)
Level 8: Super Speed -- Clr-EndRdx(A), Clr-RunSpd(40), Clr-Stlth(43)
Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(11), LucoftheG-Def(13)
Level 12: Venom Grenade -- PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(13), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(15), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), PstBls-Dam%(17)
Level 14: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(37), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(40)
Level 16: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--ToHit(21), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(21), RctRtc-Pcptn(46)
Level 22: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(23), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(23)
Level 24: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 26: Fortification -- StdPrt-ResKB(A), StdPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(27), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(27), ImpArm-ResPsi(48)
Level 28: Serum -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg(29), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(31), Prv-Heal(31)
Level 30: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 32: Invisibility -- Krm-Def/EndRdx(A), Krm-Def/Rchg(33), Krm-ResKB(34)
Level 35: Summon Spiderlings -- SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SlbAll-Acc/Rchg(36), SlbAll-Build%(36), EdcoftheM-PetDef(36), SvrRgh-PetResDam(37)
Level 38: Call Reinforcements -- CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(39), CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(39), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(39), CmmPrs-PetRes(40)
Level 41: Web Envelope -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(42), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(42), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(42), GrvAnc-Hold%(43)
Level 44: Shatter Armor -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Hct-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Summon Blaster -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(48), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(50), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(50)
Level 49: Phase Shift -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- HO:Micro(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), RgnTss-Regen+(19), Pnc-Heal/+End(25), RgnTss-Heal/EndRdx(25), RgnTss-Heal/Rchg(34)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(34), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(37)
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 0: Marshal 
------------
------------

@RageusQuitus2 It's a bit hard to know where to even start.  I'm not trying to be offensive, but that build is a total mess.  I don't know what your reasoning is for so much of your slotting.  Why 3 slot your travel powers?  Why take 2 travel powers?  Why double Tactics when that is total overkill?  Where are your personal attacks?  Why use Steadfast Protection in Fortification when there's so many better sets?  Why bother with Invisibility and definitely why Karma in it?

Overall, your build doesn't seem to have any coherent goal.  It's not that bulky, it has terrible damage (where are your attacks?), and the pets look like they're slotted randomly.  So instead of trying to suggest how to rebuild it, I'm going to share my current "all around" build, that includes perma pets, great personal damage and exceptional bulk and see if you can get any inspiration from it.   

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10

Level 50 Natural Arachnos Soldier
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Channelgun -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(3)
Level 1: Crab Spider Armor Upgrade -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 2: Longfang -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), GldJvl-Dam%(5), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), TchofLadG-%Dam(9)
Level 4: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 6: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Suppression -- SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(13), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(17), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(19), ShlWal-Def(19), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 12: Venom Grenade -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg(21), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(25), Ann-ResDeb%(25)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 16: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 18: Frag Grenade -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(27), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(29), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(36)
Level 20: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 22: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), UnbGrd-ResDam(46)
Level 26: Fortification -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33), StdPrt-ResKB(33)
Level 28: Serum -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg(34), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(36)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36)
Level 32: Omega Maneuver -- SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(37), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(39), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 35: Summon Spiderlings -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(39), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(40), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(40), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(42)
Level 38: Call Reinforcements -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(43), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(43), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 41: Mu Lightning -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Apc-Dmg(45), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Acc/Rchg(46), GldJvl-Dam%(46)
Level 44: Electrifying Fences -- Acc-I(A)
Level 47: Summon Striker -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(50), EdcoftheM-PetDef(50)
Level 49: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(9), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Warworks Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Rebirth Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Support Radial Embodiment 
Level 0: Wedding Band 
------------
------------

Edited by Omega-202

49 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

@RageusQuitus2 It's a bit hard to know where to even start.  I'm not trying to be offensive, but that build is a total mess.  I don't know what your reasoning is for so much of your slotting.  Why 3 slot your travel powers?  Why take 2 travel powers?  Why double Tactics when that is total overkill?  Where are your personal attacks?  Why use Steadfast Protection in Fortification when there's so many better sets?  Why bother with Invisibility and definitely why Karma in it?

Overall, your build doesn't seem to have any coherent goal.  It's not that bulky, it has terrible damage (where are your attacks?), and the pets look like they're slotted randomly.  So instead of trying to suggest how to rebuild it, I'm going to share my current "all around" build, that includes perma pets, great personal damage and exceptional bulk and see if you can get any inspiration from it.   

------------
------------

I was going to say this was very mean, then I looked at his build. Carry on.

9 hours ago, kiramon said:

I was going to say this was very mean, then I looked at his build. Carry on.

It takes awhile to put a build together in mids, even a bad one if everything is slotted (ie not like I posted an empty build and said HELP).  And you dont get to 35%+ defense and resists, 2090 HPs without some effort.  I asked for some advice cause clearly I wasnt doing it right. 

This wasnt theory craft I played the hell outta this build, and the first one I posted.  They definitely work and dont die.  I just found them boring.

Omega (thank you good sir) offered constructive criticism (ie a build and specific problems with mine).  You just piled on.  Yours was the mean post. 

• Sad 1

Here's my crabber, the high res one. I can swap out resil for muscles if i need to, and I do think people forget you can have 3 builds on a character. I have others if im doing an ITF or have my SG with me. This is just the one I play when soloing or farming. I like being self sufficient and not having to rely overly much on inspirations or outside buffs.

---------------

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Level 50 Technology Arachnos Soldier
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: zc_Leadership

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Channelgun -- EntChs-Heal%(A)
Level 1: Crab Spider Armor Upgrade -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3)
Level 2: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(5)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 6: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 8: Suppression -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), Ann-ResDeb%(9), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(9), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(11), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(11), PstBls-Dam%(13)
Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(13), Rct-Def/Rchg(23), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Rct-ResDam%(37), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(40)
Level 12: Venom Grenade -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-Dam(43), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(43), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(50)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15), UnbGrd-Max HP%(23)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(17), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(17)
Level 18: Frag Grenade -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(19), Bmbdmt-Dam(19), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(21), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(21)
Level 20: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 22: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 24: Fortification -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(25), UnbGrd-ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(34)
Level 26: Frenzy -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Arm-Dam%(34)
Level 28: Serum -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(29), Prv-Absorb%(31)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33)
Level 35: Summon Spiderlings -- EdcoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), EdcoftheM-Acc/EndRdx(36), EdcoftheM-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), EdcoftheM-Dmg(36), EdcoftheM-PetDef(37), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(37)
Level 38: Call Reinforcements -- CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(A), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(39), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(39), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(40), SlbAll-Build%(40)
Level 41: Web Envelope -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(42), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(42), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(42), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(43)
Level 44: Shatter Armor -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(46)
Level 47: Summon Blaster -- CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(A), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(48), CaltoArm-Dmg/EndRdx(48), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(50), SvrRgh-PetResDam(50)
Level 49: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(5), Mrc-Rcvry+(7)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(7)
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Support Core Genome 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Resilient Core Paragon 
------------
------------