Secondary choices for “debuffing” primaries

professoronblow

Hello,

long time lurker but first time poster. 

after much casting about and trying different play styles, I’ve come to the conclusion that the most fun for me is blasters, specifically those with a debuffing primary. Have a sonic/devices that is fun but I’m thinking I may be able to pick a different or more optimized secondary. 

so, would like to ask the community which secondaries they think pair best with the following primaries:

1) sonic

2) radiation

3) dark

4) ice

I’m looking for secondaries that complement the primary set the best in your opinion. 

thanks for any help!!!!

Edit; I only do pve, usually with groups but just interested in the opinions of some of the coh grognards on these sets. Thanks to anyone who has ideas! 

Edited by professoronblow
Clarification

12 hours ago, professoronblow said:

Hello,

long time lurker but first time poster. 

after much casting about and trying different play styles, I’ve come to the conclusion that the most fun for me is blasters, specifically those with a debuffing primary. Have a sonic/devices that is fun but I’m thinking I may be able to pick a different or more optimized secondary. 

so, would like to ask the community which secondaries they think pair best with the following primaries:

1) sonic

2) radiation

3) dark

4) ice

I’m looking for secondaries that complement the primary set the best in your opinion. 

thanks for any help!!!!

Edit; I only do pve, usually with groups but just interested in the opinions of some of the coh grognards on these sets. Thanks to anyone who has ideas! 

I'd still do a Cor over a blaster for sonic... 

But IDK. 

1) Sonic/they all work, just go a higher damage secondary to take advantage of your debuffs... Energy would be nice for the boost range on cones P

2) Rad/Plant or Ninja

3) Dark/Martial or Energy (Boost range!!)

4) Ice/Tactical

• Like 1

Ugh. I misread the title from my phone view, thought this thread was about Secondary choices for “debt”...

Edit: My two favorite secondaries with debuffing are ice and mental. (I don’t have experience with any other secondary other than fire or atomic to comment on). /ice has a sleep and a hold in addition to -recharge and slows all over the place with a PBAOE -dam. /mental has a decent -regen (though really only useful against AVs and GMs). Both require being up and close and personal, so it would come down to a play style preference.

Edited by Nyghtmaire
  • Like 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Thanks all, some combos I hadn’t thought of. I know people say sonic is better on corrupters and defenders but I like it on my blaster so far.  Was thinking sonic/mental as well. Extra cone and pbaoe to complement the cones in sonic and dreadful wail but the extra power and range from energy could be really cool. Maybe have to roll both

Dark/ta is a fantastic blastroller. I have one in the 40's and love it. Loads of control and plays all at range apart from jumping in for the nuke every now and again.

Ice/ta is an even more ranged pairing. The highlight here is being able to use ice arrow procced out as a relacement for the lacklustre bitter freeze ray and having an attack chain with two ranged holds in it. It stacks an enormous amount of slow and never has any reason at all to go near the enemy.

Rad however is an up close and personal set due to the fantastic irradiate. Rad/rad works but I might be tempted to go rad/ice or rad/time. Rad/ice would be more control, rad/time more damage.

I have a real soft spot for sonic but haven't found my ideal pairing for it on blasters. You can pair it with mm for the extra cone but you have to close to melee range to use drain psyche which is a bit clunky with cone use. I tried this back on live and didn't get on with it but ymmv. I've also tried sonic/en on the test server for the abusing of massive cones but I didn't find it anywhere near as fun in practice as in theory. You spend a huge amount of time self buffing and rarely have the room to exploit the mechanic fully.

I've got an Ice/Time and a Dark/TA. Both are a lot of fun.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Atomic (is the bomb, for added survivability through debuff).
but, have to stay in melee... blapper build would be ST-centric with Sonic tho, so maybe not for everyone. not on your list either, so i suspect you already know & ruled it out! (posted for the benefit of others reading & looking to debuff)