Play on an Ipad?

I love exposing my ignorance to all things technical, so here goes. 

When COH was stolen from all of us seven years ago, the use of tablets was simply not as ubiquitous as it is now.  I would guess that my new-ish Ipad has virtually the same raw computing power that my desktop did in 2008-10.  I know that it is probably a stupid question, but is there any emulator or something similar which could be used to play COH on a tablet/Ipad?  The whole keyboard/mouse thing would probably be a pain in the rear, but I'm imagining the freedom (to go along with the ecstasy of being able to play at all). 

Any thoughts (other than I'm in idiot, please, lol).

The idea of trying to play CoH on a tablet... horrifies me. I mean, I routinely have 30+ keybinds as a standard control setup. I don't want to think about how much of a nightmare it would be to run CoH on a tablet. Even with a bluetooth keyboard, there woudln't be the numpad. And that's where I bind my most frequently used abilities.

The idea of trying to play CoH on a tablet... horrifies me. I mean, I routinely have 30+ keybinds as a standard control setup. I don't want to think about how much of a nightmare it would be to run CoH on a tablet. Even with a bluetooth keyboard, there woudln't be the numpad. And that's where I bind my most frequently used abilities.

eh, there's plenty of em: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=bluetooth+keyboard+with+numberpad

• 4 weeks later

I HAVE to use an iPad5--I'm a stroke survivor, right-side paralyzed, and bed-bound; my days of two-fisted gaming are behind me, and that's that.  The Reddit link above didn't help much.  Is there ANY way to play CoH, left-handed, on an iPad 5th gen machine?  If so, what will it take?  At what cost?  Any help is welcome with gratitude.

I HAVE to use an iPad5--

No, you don't.  You don't have to have an iPad, nor a tablet, specifically.

What you do need, is a computer set up that lets you play purely left-handed, from your bed or a wheelchair.

Going pure flight-of-fancy, money-is-no-object?  Something that adapts the kind of text-to-speech systems that have for fully paralyzed people (e.g.,Stephen Hawking), adapted to let you look at a power icon and trigger it with a button-press, combined with just the left half of an XBOX controller, would probably work.  Assuming you can still speak clearly, a voice command system might also help, even if it has a limited range of predefined macros you can use.  Maybe add in pedals for your feet - there's another button or two or three, per foot, for you to use.

So, just: don't get tunnel-vision on "must be an iPad or else".  :) 

I seriously hope you can eventually find a way to play CoH.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

I HAVE to use an iPad5--I'm a stroke survivor, right-side paralyzed, and bed-bound; my days of two-fisted gaming are behind me, and that's that.  The Reddit link above didn't help much.  Is there ANY way to play CoH, left-handed, on an iPad 5th gen machine?  If so, what will it take?  At what cost?  Any help is welcome with gratitude.

Have you looked into the XBox Adaptive Controller? I haven't used it myself, but I've heard great things about it helping people with limited mobility play games.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/xbox-adaptive-controller

Here is a Razer Naga for lefties. I have one for my right hand and if I practiced I could easily play coh one handed.

https://www.technologygalaxy.com/Razer-Naga-Gaming-Mouse-RZ01-01050100-R3M1/p/350621