Burn accuracy

SemanticAntics

Uh... how about we tweak Burn in a way that procs will no longer trigger? That would be much preferable to a fix that will hurt even those who were not abusing of the IO procs mechanic. I mean everyone is getting punished because there is a way to abuse the system.
Fiery Aura doesn't need a blow like this one, I really think that keeping the base damage as it is while preventing the use of damage proc IOs is the best compromise.

18 minutes ago, Kimuji said:

Uh... how about we tweak Burn in a way that procs will no longer trigger? That would be much preferable to a fix that will hurt even those who were not abusing of the IO procs mechanic. I mean everyone is getting punished because there is a way to abuse the system.
Fiery Aura doesn't need a blow like this one, I really think that keeping the base damage as it is while preventing the use of damage proc IOs is the best compromise.

The multiple Burn patches phenomenon is a bug, and removing that is a bug fix, plain and simple. The damage gets insane when you have five burn patches out, there's no way to claim that's balanced.

I can very much understand where Kimuji is coming from, this is Fire's version of "The Rage Fix", where a bug has existed so long that it's considered baseline and it's suddenly being fixed in a way that will drastically reduce the power level people are used to.  Going to do some testing this week when I get some time.

2 minutes ago, Vanden said:

The multiple Burn patches phenomenon is a bug, and removing that is a bug fix, plain and simple. The damage gets insane when you have five burn patches out, there's no way to claim that's balanced.

Well no one had a problem with Burn's damage until farmers broke the system by stuffing it with damage procs to bring it to stupid levels.

Edited by Kimuji

11 minutes ago, Kimuji said:

Well no one had a problem with Burn's damage until farmers broke the system by stuffing it with damage procs to bring it to stupid levels.

I'm curious where you got the impression that this is about damage procs in Burn? It was the Avalanche knockdown proc that really brought the bug to light.

6 minutes ago, Vanden said:

I'm curious where you got the impression that this is about damage procs in Burn? It was the Avalanche knockdown proc that really brought the bug to light.

I noted Burn as having an oddly high proc rate for damage a couple weeks ago, and some folks have been poking at that since then.  At least that's my guess?

8 hours ago, Unknown Magi said:

I can very much understand where Kimuji is coming from, this is Fire's version of "The Rage Fix", where a bug has existed so long that it's considered baseline and it's suddenly being fixed in a way that will drastically reduce the power level people are used to.  Going to do some testing this week when I get some time.

I'd recommend increasing the DoT portion's damage to compensate for the loss. Perhaps either by increasing the ticks' base value or by increasing the number of ticks. I'm not sure if either is a better solution. 

Me, personally? I'd change the target cap on both the initial pulse and DoT portion to 10. Increase the endurance cost to about 14. The damage values are fine for a PBAoE attack, but it's cheap and small at 5 targets. 

Also, maybe this is already on the radar, but the initial damage pulse doesn't seem to even try to hit more than four targets. I'd guess the player is taking up a target slot.