Cloak of darkness with visible weapons

MrCuddles

Hello all. 

Currently, using cloak of darkness set to original style allows spines to be visible despite your character model being invisible. It got me thinking if this was possible to do with weapon sets. I jumped on the beta server and tried it out and it wouldn't work for me until suddenly I had a floating titan weapon visible, with no character model. After sheathing the weapon though, I was never able to get it visible again. Perhaps I found a bug which I can't recreate, perhaps this is impossible.

Can anybody help me realise my dream of a floating weapon with a ghostly character model holding it?

• Like 1

I haven't tried it since live, but back in the day the elemental weapons would show up on cloaked characters.  So the fire sword or rock hammers would get swung around by a dark ball of fuzz.  It was for this reason alone that I made my Stone/Dark Brute, Fuzzball.  Yes endurance was a challenge, but it was amazing to see that dark cloud smash things with a hammer.

When I got back here to HC I decided to remake him as Psi Melee instead of Stone.  I hadn't played psi, but the descriptions made it seem like it used elemental swords similar to fire or ice sets.  I was quite disappointed when I leveled up enough and discovered that the psi attacks don't show anything while cloaked.

I also made him on another server back on live with Mace instead of Stone, and was disappointed that the mace didn't show up.  I guess it's only the elemental attacks that work that way, not actual weapons.

Fuzzball.JPG.ca98833dff844278fce55a56c55d00c9.JPG

Edited by carroto
Added picture

Not an answer to your question... but this reminds me of back in the day when I built an MA/Dark scrapper with the idea that the attacks would be these flashing "bursts" of color coming form a vaguely formed cloud.   Visually it was cool, but sadly the toon's performance was lacking.  

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

6 hours ago, MrCuddles said:

Does this mean you're working on it right now? 😛

Sorry, got distracted and forgot to finish the saying...

A virtue is a grace.

Grace is a girl with a dirty face.

There ya go.

I haven't really thought about making a disembodied weapon floating around attacking people.

Well, except for in GURPS...or Runequest.

But, those are PnP RGPs and not MMORPGs.

• Like 1

Well said!

Though to me, TFT>GURPS; it's the elegance.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Thanks to the replies I've worked out cloak of darkness only allows you to see spines, stone melee hammers/stone fists, and fire melee swords.

I can make it show a floating titan weapon by some sequence of changing costumes but it's not something I can replicate consistently.

I think a fire sword will work for what I had in mind. Thanks.