Anything in /Earth Assault skippable?

JnEricsonx

I also skipped Mud Pots. I like Hurl Boulder - it's the only ranged attack in either set that hits hard. You could consider skipping Tremor just because the animation is so damn long.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

You absolutely can and should skip one of the hammers. I skipped the lighter one. Well, unless you just have fun smacking people around with stone hammers.

But as an attack, it's not that much better than Hurl Boulder, and HB is ranged, and there are enough attacks between a primary's Hold, one Mallet, Seismic Smash, and Hurl Boulder, not to mention Stone Spears, that I didn't feel like picking up a 3rd melee attack when I am already taking 2 and have a slotted Hold and Hurl Boulder.

I did take Mud Pots... damage that only costs Endurance and not animation time is excellent.

14 hours ago, Coyote said:

You absolutely can and should skip one of the hammers. I skipped the lighter one. Well, unless you just have fun smacking people around with stone hammers.

I really do. I enjoyed it so much on my dom that I just rolled a stone melee brute.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

21 hours ago, JnEricsonx said:

So you used Stone Spears? 

I love stone spears because you can juggle it with hurl boulder and it does double kb/kd depending on how you proc it. Plus it fires off really fast and has good range. 

As far as what powers you can skip? I skipped the last two. Just didn't fit my play style.

22 hours ago, JnEricsonx said:

So you used Stone Spears?  I was thinking about just taking out the slots in it and not using it, and having HB as my only real ranged attack barring Fossilize for the hold.

It's a Tier 1 attack, so... they're pretty skippable (not in taking them, but in slotting them).

However, it's a GOOD Tier 1 attack. 80% knockup chance is awesome, and it animates fast, and Earth only has 1 other ranged attack... and sometimes you want to finish off some ranged opponent who doesn't want to come eat a hammer, but if you go introduce the hammer to it, you'll aggro another spawn or two. This is less of an issue late-game when you can handle the aggro, but for a while you like to have the option to DPS down some ranged opponent with your Hold, Spears, and Boulder.

I'd definitely slot and use it for a while, and then see how tight slots are in a respec in the 40s that may unslot it. 3 Thunderstrike gives you a bit of a Ranged Defense bonus at the cost of 2 slots invested and make it a usable though not fully slotted power, so I'd consider that. Or going higher to 5 Decimation or Entropic for the Recharge bonus.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 10:11 PM, JnEricsonx said:

So you used Stone Spears?  I was thinking about just taking out the slots in it and not using it, and having HB as my only real ranged attack barring Fossilize for the hold.

I love Stone Spears!  Super quick, pretty reliable KU, animation is dynamic and cool (in my opinion) 

I wish there was a blaster set based on Stone Spears to be honest! 

On 8/1/2020 at 4:19 AM, JnEricsonx said:

Only thing I'm not looking at taking in it is Mud Pots.  Earth/Earth has enough powers as is with people slowed or on their butts.   Only other power in Earth Assault that's MAYBE not vital is Hurl Boulder?

Mud Pots.  A nice slow to impede the incoming mobs?

And then when they do?  A boulder to the face.

Satisfying.

Azrael.