Blaster Primary Comparison: Standard Environment Testing

Galaxy Brain

On 2/20/2021 at 1:28 PM, Haijinx said:

Hmm.

The stacking is why I like it in an AOE 

I wonder if there is a better strategy for it. 

been mulling the idea of using it in the nuke 16 target high radius and long recharge my way of thinking is i often nuke then a boss or 2 survives and im left mezzed by it not long and not causing death just an annoyance and there is something to be said for QoL in this game im also talking using inferno so most will be dead with out the need for proc dmg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

Thread should be stickied. 

Since this was done for blasters.....maybe some comparisons regarding sentinels? (I know, this post starts feeling like it should be in a thread under sentinels)

I felt I should mentions some thoughts so far, on water, beam and dual pistols from what I saw on a sentinel.

Water blast(played with super reflex) seemed to far out-perform the other two, in part from it's tidal power providing an extra "category" damage boost, I was inflicting higher damage with it than I'd expect.  I use Gaussian's proc almost as a crutch on the character, but she performs surprisingly well, enough for me to solo mobs in some incarnate trials with a few purple IO's.  Outside that, I'm able to cut through mobs reasonable fast for a sentinel with water due to tidal power boosting geyser so effectively.  Water blast most part is almost completely unchanged compared to other blast sets when crossing over to the sentinel.

Dual pistols was significantly weaker due to a lack of buildup, sentinels using dual pistols have to take mental mastery(think it's called that?  I do not remember)  just for link minds  in order to get the gaussian proc, which without they tend to under-perform on many sets.

Beam rifles oddly feels more potent to me on a sentinel than dual pistols does on the same archtype.  Even same secondary(bio armor).  Simply having aim makes it easier to hit hard when I need to. 

I think overall due to sentinels changing many blast set powers maybe a different thread needs to be made specific for sentinels?  I think the same could be said with defense sets, as many are also fundamentally changed(super reflexes is buffed tremendously in the hands of a sentinel over other archtypes, with an absorb power and endurance recovery, Bio armor likewise loses it's damage resist debuff aura and gains a lot of movement speed).

I mean not all sets change, but there are oddball differences, like dual pistols suppressive fire actually turns into a very high damage attack, or energy blasts snipe being replaced with a consistently slower heavy attack.  All tier 9's on sentinels share the 1 minute thirty second cooldowns, which means consistently bombing enemies with them in every mob.

I know the archtype will need an overhaul but I just wonder.  Feel this post belongs in the sentinels thread.

• Like 1