Slottable Inherent Origin Power Pool and temp powers power pool.

Ralathar44

I was thinking that maybe we could get a power pool full of slottable versions of the inherents like Throw Knives and Taser and etc.  I know the originals are pretty good so I'd be down with the slottable version being rebalanced in return for the ability to slot it.  Maybe choosing the same one as your original gives it a small ACC bonus and replaces it.  I just think it'd be cool to use those powers as part of some of my characters and they'd also make good "filler" attack powers to help people avoid taking primary/secondary powers they don't like. 

I'd actually be ok with this treatment happening to many of the temporary powers honestly.  We definitely have enough weapons for a "firearms" power pool, a "street weapons" or "melee weapons" power pool, and a "utility belt" power pool for example.  I know power pools are tight as is but more choices is more bettah :D.  I mean not all things would qualify, for example we can't just give everyone the buff toggles or flash/stun grenades for balancing purposes, but the attacks/damage are things that can already be obtained by most ATs through their core power sets.  But obviously it'd still be a case by case basis for each power.

Edited by Ralathar44

Since you mentioned one of them, it's worth noting that we're still two power pools short of the planned Origin power pools, Utility Belt and Gadgetry. Hopefully they're on their way (and hopefully in that order. I want freerunning so much!)

While I think the intention of those origin powers was to provide a little more filler in the early levels, I could be behind having them play a role later on.

I've been thinking about origins, powers, origin power pools etc. and have come to an idea that might help you keep your origin powers useful.

If you have a matching origin to a free origin power or corresponding origin power pool, you automatically get a 15% bonus to the damage/acc/mag/speed/etc of those origin related powers.

At lvl 20 you can do a small mission arc called a "Development Arc" to enhance your connection to your existing origin, which would give you another 15% origin bonus. Alternatively you can instead choose to take an origin development arc of a different origin to gain a bonus to that origins pool or temp power. That would allow role-playing a character that was a mutant that lost a limb and had to have robotic prothesis, or a natural character that learned magic.

At lvl 50 there would be a final character "Development Arc" for yet another 15% bonus, and a choice of which origin arc to do.

This would allow you to potentially increase your origin temp power and origin power pool by up to 45% if you.stick to your starting origin, but also still allow for you to develop your character further towards other origins.

Thoughts?

Honestly Id love to see a primary ranged set based on throwing weapons. As you point out several of the origin starter powers like the throwing knife and taser would fit well together in such a set, we also have no few grenades in temp power form that would make for good additions to such a theoretical pool. It could actually even be a unique more dps control primary actually now that I think about it, maybe even a dom primary mainly ideally since it would pair so well with some of their 2ndaries flavorwise. Or maybe even mimic the archery sets in a way and do one that is a dps primary adn one a control primary or something. I just know throwing devices is at least as popular in comics as archery if not more so, we have a lot of throwing devices in game, but no throwing power sets.