Is Super Reflexes Any Good?

Super Reflexes has a high floor and a low ceiling.

What I mean is that it's very strong with SOs since it gets very good defenses, not quite soft cap but pretty close. However this means it doesn't gain as much with IOs as other sets do, it's much easier to add defense with IOs than resistance so an IO'd Super Reflexes character will tend to be weaker than one using a resist or hybrid armor set.

Defender Smash!

Someone made a statement I agree with:  Super Reflexes is great if you want to have a character that is pretty tough on the cheap.  Shield Defense however can get just as tough yet gives even more benefits to your character though it will likely require more investment IO wise.

I had a fully incarnated Super Reflexes tanker on live that laughed at most end game content using mostly generic IOs in SR - however my secondary was Ice Melee which grants lots of mitigation through slows, holds, and of course ice patch.  I also got melee core hybrid and the healing destiny, with the confuse interface - all which adds to additional mitigation.  SR does require you to get almost every power though - just skip Elude basically.  Easy set to toss multiple luck of the gambler recharge procs in of course.

Remember that it does get damage resistance, and it scales with lower HP if I recall, so the lower your health the tougher you get - that's if you get hit at all.  My views may be a little skewed since my memories are of a softcapped character (softcapped to incarnate-level stuff too) so I don't remember how painful it might have been leveling it.

Oh, and one tidbit I remind others of: brutes do not need to get hit to have fury rise.  As long as enemies try to hit you it counts, even if they whiff.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood