Claws Shockwave Needs ... Something

krj12

2 hours ago, kelika2 said:

OP if you are trying to make a firefarmer go Radi/Fire/Mu

1 acc 5 procs in irradiated ground

slot fences/ball/discharge for damage

skip the radi cone

ground smash is amazing

and if soloing, i dont know why you are fighting bosses since they take x4 the effort of a LT for only double the rewards of a LT

the Contaminated effect is neat but not worth focusing on

Go to the P2W vendor and bring some power analyzers with you, many firefarms have lethal resist on enemies and zero fire/energy

As for the rest of you, the new Artillery Set or even the Detonation(got an extra range a few patches back) set was made for Shockwave.  Also Intuition Partial Radial Revamp and Cardiac Partial Core Revamp are other options for more range.

Already have a rad/fire, ss/fire,  fire/fire, and now a claws/fire.   Just trying out different combos.  And yep, so far, the rad fire beats out the others.

Edited by krj12

Shockwave is insanely good.

It only does less damage than spin because spin got heavily buffed at one point. 

It does do the normal damage for being a cone at its recharge.  PLUS it has 2X the arc of Energy Torrent, its closest Analog.

2 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Shockwave is insanely good.

It only does less damage than spin because spin got heavily buffed at one point. 

This is also a good point. 

Claws was buffed back on live to be a more competitive choice with all the new sets being released. It's damage values look nothing like their original state. Slash used to have the same animation as Impaler, and Spin was worse than Whirling Hands. 

I don't know how it tends to be slotted or maths out on brutes, but shockwave is an absolute monster on scrappers.

3x ATO+Force feedback+Overwhelming force+Annihilation proc just rips through things and keeps the spins coming with a follow>Shockwave>spin rotation.

Edited by ScarySai

10 hours ago, ScarySai said:

I don't know how it tends to be slotted or maths out on brutes, but shockwave is an absolute monster on scrappers.

3x ATO+Force feedback+Overwhelming force+Annihilation proc just rips through things and keeps the spins coming with a follow>Shockwave>spin rotation.

I usually go with the ragnarok set minus the chance for KB and replace that with a KB-->KD sudden acceleration.

15 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I usually go with the ragnarok set minus the chance for KB and replace that with a KB-->KD sudden acceleration.

I'll fiddle around with a brute variant laterish. Force feedback is awesome and ideally you want to fit it in there. The scrapper ATO just has decent stats and gives +5 S/L defense, brutes should have access to an alternative.

20 minutes ago, ScarySai said:

I'll fiddle around with a brute variant laterish. Force feedback is awesome and ideally you want to fit it in there. The scrapper ATO just has decent stats and gives +5 S/L defense, brutes should have access to an alternative.

I've eyeballed that FF CF+Rec many a time for my claws users but in the end, I'd rather just load up on enough recharge to run followup, focus, slash, repeat for my ST chain and followup, spin, shockwave on my aoe chain. That's for scrappers. For brutes/tanks the aoe chain is followup, focus, spin, shockwave.

If I got with the FF proc, I either lose the KB>KD proc or the 10% +recharge from ragnarok. Not sure I'd wanna go that route for 5 seconds of +100% recharge although with shockwave, I can see that being pretty damn persistent. I'll run a test with my claws/fire brute farmer and see how it plays out.