Fighting Pool unaffected by Scrapper Critical ATO

zenblack

I believe the Fighting Pool powers are missing the Tag "Critical", Scrapper ATO Critical buffs are not applying their effects. This may also be true of any other Epic/Power Pools.

I personally tested the Superior Critical Strikes +50% ATO with both Kick and Boxing and there is no increase in their Critical Rate. I am not sure if they are receiving the base Critical buff of Superior Scrapper Strikes since it is split into 2 categories.

I am posting this here to see if more people would be willing to run diagnostic testing to see if their results can confirm certain behaviors per GM request.

Thanks!

• Like 1

This is working as intended.

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

22 hours ago, America's Angel said:

This is working as intended.

Interesting. How do you know it is working as intended? The normal Critical rate of the base Scrapper AT functions with these powers but the ATO's do not.

19 hours ago, Noyjitat said:

Atos procs and bonuses typically only affect the archetype powers and not other powers; it should even basically be in the description of the ato proc 

You are wrong. Today I just tested the Pyre Mastery pool and every single power, melee or ranged are affected by the Scrapper ATO's. This is why this needs testing and clarification.

6 minutes ago, zenblack said:

Interesting. How do you know it is working as intended? The normal Critical rate of the base Scrapper AT functions with these powers but the ATO's do not.

Because that's how the game works. Pool attacks don't usually bonus from the ATO. There are some exceptions, such as the fire APP.

What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

8 hours ago, America's Angel said:

Because that's how the game works. Pool attacks don't usually bonus from the ATO. There are some exceptions, such as the fire APP.

I'd prefer to have data rather than conjecture. Is there a reference of something that say which are and are not affected by ATOs? Since no AT has an ATO that can be slotted in a power pool and no other AT has a buff that applies to further attacks.

Edited by zenblack

1 minute ago, zenblack said:

I'd prefer to have data rather than conjecture. Is there a reference of something that say which are and are not affected by ATOs? Since no AT has an ATO that can be slotted in a secondary pool and no other AT has a buff that applies to further attacks.

Feel free to use the forum search function! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by America's Angel

On 9/13/2020 at 9:30 PM, zenblack said:

You are wrong. Today I just tested the Pyre Mastery pool and every single power, melee or ranged are affected by the Scrapper ATO's. This is why this needs testing and clarification.

Well I'm glad to be proven wrong if it means more power for a player. Rather have buffs than nerfs.

Edited by Noyjitat

So I thought I'd drop in with what I've currently tested up to.

Both Scrapper ATO's work with all Epic Pool, Primary, and Secondary powers with the following exceptions.

1.) Obvious things like, defensive powers, pets etc.

2.) If the power has no damage (i.e. Dark Mastery's Petrifying Gaze)

3.) If the power uses a psuedopet (i.e. Lightning Rod, Irradiated Ground, Shield Charge, Weapon Mastery's Caltrops, etc)

So far in my tests with the normal power pools and origin power pools they all have a fake "critical" entry @ 5% that states critical but is not tagged critical. The damage description (What you will see in your log) states it is a Critical but is not affected by things that affect Criticals. I haven't tested all Scrapper available pools yet but it seems fairly conclusive so far. There is zero indication (that I have been able to find) that this is intended and as I originally stated they should be correctly tagged.

Suggested changes for right now would be to change the description of the 2 ATO's to reflect what currently the affect. Though I don't know HC's stance on talking about psuedopets in descriptions since there is no indicator that I've found in all descriptions that deals with psuedopets at all, however, in this case it should be addressed since it has an impact on gameplay.

Edited by zenblack
Typos

Interesting to note there is also a Stalker entry that coincides with most Scrapper entries though I do not know exactly what it is doing there. The Stalker ATO's as far as I can tell set the normal status of Hide and Build-up and the Hide is utilized with the Assassin (Strike of your choice), though maybe it can be used to lesser effect with other abilities in some way.