Use Base Building For New Maps

Clave Dark 5

This is from my peeking into the new base contest; dear god there's some amazing work in there. 

Surely there must be some way to use the creativity and developing skill of the base editor to make new, actual game-playable maps for new missions, or to refurbish old ones?

I'm sure this isn't a brand new idea, but after seeing that thread, I feel it needs to be re-suggested.

• Like 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

As the HC team have said, just finishing KW would take a huge amount of time and effort, because there are all sorts of things we dont see like pathing for mobs, that needs to be done. The new outdoor bases are amazing, got a few I enjoy calling my virtual homes for my toons. But if you have gone in with pets you may have noticed they often follow only a bit, and often end up stuck just standing around lost. Because there is no pathing in those outdoor bases we are making. Thats because we are using a trick to basically leave the actual game space and build outside of it.

Its one of the reasons why even if they opened back up base raiding all sorts of powers dont work outside of the bunker base area. For example ever try to teleport in the outside area?

11 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

As the HC team have said, just finishing KW would take a huge amount of time and effort, because there are all sorts of things we dont see like pathing for mobs, that needs to be done. The new outdoor bases are amazing, got a few I enjoy calling my virtual homes for my toons. But if you have gone in with pets you may have noticed they often follow only a bit, and often end up stuck just standing around lost. Because there is no pathing in those outdoor bases we are making. Thats because we are using a trick to basically leave the actual game space and build outside of it.

Its one of the reasons why even if they opened back up base raiding all sorts of powers dont work outside of the bunker base area. For example ever try to teleport in the outside area?

Outdoor bases? Do you mean the ability to make a base wide and open the sky up to make it look like you're outside, or did they add in a new feature that gave city elements like buildings and such? 

• Lead Game Master
39 minutes ago, MasterTigrul said:

Outdoor bases? Do you mean the ability to make a base wide and open the sky up to make it look like you're outside, or did they add in a new feature that gave city elements like buildings and such? 

Building outside the constraints of the base, above (and below) those open skies for instance - it's how a lot of the much larger bases build their things. An FAQ on how to do so (among other things) is here.

Interested in supporting Homecoming? Consider applying to become a Game Master!

10 hours ago, GM Korvin said:

Building outside the constraints of the base, above (and below) those open skies for instance - it's how a lot of the much larger bases build their things. An FAQ on how to do so (among other things) is here.

That's what I was originally thinking. Love doing it just wish we could scroll the objects downward rather than zooming out and dragging, letting go of the button then redragging downward my finger ends up hating me haha.  Only issue I've had with that has been sometimes dragging items and letting go will cause the item to fly off into another realm. I blame nemesis.