theme based ae mission storylines

Garrickwest

Hey everyone,

So i'd like to try some AE missions that have a storyline to follow.

Any suggestions?
Any that are maybe catered towards fans of marvel or dc  i'd surely like to try!

After farming AE pretty regularly i wanna try mixing it up and actually reading the quotes and tips and such.

• Like 1

Well I'm going to buff my ego and suggest mine! It starts with the current (September 12 2020) Dev Choice option of Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One (Arc id 26756)  so full XP and drops on that for the month, and carries on through Part Two, (26952) and Part Three (27233).  There's a natural break there but if you want to continue with the fallout from that and the people you met in it then on you go to Darker Deeds: Parts One to Three (Arc ids 28374, 28526 and 29252) and then culminating in "Season 3", Darkest Before Dawn: Parts One to Three (Arc ids 29891, 30210 and 30560). Now that might seem like a lot but you're only doing them in arcs of 5 so that breaks it up.

If you're not looking at mine then I recommend cranebump (Try the Ordinary People arc and work from there, Arc ids 31902, 21902 and 25396), and ankylosaur's work (Robolution Arc id 25870 is the other (September 12 2020) Dev Choice for the month) as having storylines well worth following.

There are many others too.  Try looking for SFMA as a search option and this should throw up story based missions. (But these two are definite go tos for great story!)

Happy hunting.

Edited by Darmian
  • Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Since Darmian mentioned them, a bit of expansion on my metastory: If you go through Ordinary People 1-3, the next iteration would be Friends & Lovers, Data Games, and The Omnibus Project. This introduces The Mobius Strip stories, beginning with Full Circle, then moving on to Much Madness. 

(Or just see my sit, below):-)

FYI: I’ve played all the way through Darmian’s arcs. Excellently crafted, clean, precise and fun. You’ll enjoy them. 

Happy trails!

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Great to hear it and thanks for wanting to explore!

All of mine are story based and self-contained. Most are even tied to the lore - exploring a thread or hook that’s already there. A couple: Rularularian and Robolution were/are even devs choice on Homecoming. Save the diver, Save the world, and The Serpent Beyond The Horizon won player contests back on live and there are lots of others to explore there too, and I think The Hammiggedon arc won one here when scrapbot was still evaluating arcs here. The others are newer than that.

If you do explore them - hope you enjoy them and if you run into any quirks or typos please let me know!

All feedback is appreciated. 

• Like 1

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

At some point I'm tempted to post an AMA (spoiler tagged obviously) for the entire 45 episodes/missions. 

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

This might be useful.  Or it might not!

Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) Madame Maven of the Meteors asks for your help when two of her team go missing in the ruins of Galaxy City while investigating reported Arachnos sightings there. 

Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) Following the events of Part One, Ghost Widow recruits you to retrieve an item personal to her, while investigating what she says are rogue Arachnos.

Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Returning to Paragon from the Rogue Isles, you and the Meteors attempt to thwart the Arachnos faction operating there, but all is not what it seems. 

Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) A surviving prisoner from the Arachnos faction will only speak to you. The Meteors once again ask for your aid, but things go terribly awry and the past comes back to haunt Paragon City. 

Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) Following the events of Part One, a new contact approaches you for help, one that is not immediately trustworthy but needs must when friends' lives depend upon it.

Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) Pursuing a slim lead brings you again to the Rogue Isles, and into the depths of modern day Arachnos' machinations.  And a terrible plan that even they fear. 

Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) You and the Meteors track the remnants of the Arachnos faction as they become more desperate and more dangerous, and discover you are not alone in this secret war. 

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) The faction's plan is put in motion and all of Paragon is in danger. With time running out what can you do except fight until your last? 

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 20560) The birds are coming home to roost and old truths and secrets will out, while new secrets threaten the future in ways you had not imagined.